Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Selling Star Wars Collection

hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
So I'm putting myself through school and in need of extra funds to finish up my last year. As much as I don't want to I am going to have to part with my Star Wars collection 
Sealed Items
7171 Mos Espa Podrace 
4483 Imperial AT-AT 
10129 Snow Speeder
7163 Republic Gun Ship 
10134 Y-wing Attack Starfighter 
7259 ARC-170 Starfighter 
7264 Imperial Inspection
4502 X-wing Fighter 
7261 Clone Turbo Tank 

I also have a 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner that is 1/3 assembled

Please let me know if you are interested. 

Comments

  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    *salivating over NIB old-school UCS*
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    Yeah... the Snow Speeder is going to be a hard one to let go. Unfortunately it is also the only one that will potentially bring in a decent chunk of change.  :( the only offer I got so far though was for $650. That seemed to be half of what it was selling for on average. I mean I get that when you want to sell something quick you have to sell it cheaper, but 50% seems like too much of a low ball. 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    These are not-inexpensive things.  Do you have some credentials you would like to share?
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    What kind of credentials? I'm pretty new to all of this. If people lived nearby I would be happy to let them see it in person. Otherwise I'm not sure what else. If you have suggestions please let me know.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,353
    Selling feedback ? ebay etc ?
    TheLoneTensor
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    I have never sold anything before on any kind of site  :/ The only reason I am selling these now is because I don't have enough cash to get me through my last year of school. I am not sure of another way of verifying... Maybe skype? I'm happy to do whatever needs to be done to make a buyer comfortable. 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Do you have a Paypal account? Both the buyer and seller have a reasonable amount of protection especially if you send to a Paypal verified address. Of course they take their cut but I would not do business any other way. Good luck on both the sale and the last year of grad school! 
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    I have bought things with PayPal, I am happy to set it up to sell things too  :)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,938
    You may want to consider a consignment arrangement with someone that has excellent eBay feedback to sell the more expensive sets.

    $650.00 is pretty low when at auction it is going for twice as much on the Snowspeeder.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    I'm still not entirely convinced all those $1200 plus Snowspeeder eBay sales are real - the two I've sold over the last two years have only ever got 8-9 hundred... Would be interested to hear from a seller who would verify a genuine 1200+ sale...
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,372
    I'm still not entirely convinced all those $1200 plus Snowspeeder eBay sales are real - the two I've sold over the last two years have only ever got 8-9 hundred... Would be interested to hear from a seller who would verify a genuine 1200+ sale...
    I sold mine for $1,525 in an auction on eBay in May 2015.
    SumoLego
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=10129-1

    The prices are real enough on Bricklink. 6 NIB sets sold over the last 6 months for an average of $1257.00.
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    How much for the AT AT and Imperial Inspection?
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 647
    Nice collection. The Y-Wing and Snowspeeder are 2 sets I always felt got away :( Sadly I can't afford the asking price for them now. Might try bricklink them oneday if that is possible. Good luck selling
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    hs.phili said:
    So I'm putting myself through school and in need of extra funds to finish up my last year. As much as I don't want to I am going to have to part with my Star Wars collection 
    Sealed Items
    7171 Mos Espa Podrace 
    4483 Imperial AT-AT 
    10129 Snow Speeder
    7163 Republic Gun Ship 
    10134 Y-wing Attack Starfighter 
    7259 ARC-170 Starfighter 
    7264 Imperial Inspection
    4502 X-wing Fighter 
    7261 Clone Turbo Tank 

    I also have a 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner that is 1/3 assembled

    Please let me know if you are interested. 
    All Prices are open to negotiation. Please let me know your best offer =)
    If purchasing 2 or more sets I will include free shipping. All of the boxes are in good condition, seals intact, with slight wear around the corners unless otherwise noted.

    Mos Espa Pod Race $85 (outer box has been opened but all of the interior boxes are still sealed)

    Imperial AT-AT $225

    Snow Speeder $1500

    Republic Gun ship $300

    Y-Wing $650  (has one bent corner flap)

    ARC-170 $60

    Imperial Inspection $250

    X-wing Fighter $160

    Clone Turbo Tank $200

    Rebel Blockade Runner $850 (this item is opened, 1/3 assembled, all parts accounted for, has instructions and original box)

  • The_WerebrickThe_Werebrick EreborMember Posts: 17
    If you at all consider lowering the price of the Clone Turbo Tank, let me know...
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    If you at all consider lowering the price of the Clone Turbo Tank, let me know...
    I am taking best offers into consideration. Please feel free to message me an offer. I do need to sell these relatively quickly.
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    Due to a lack of interest, and recommendations from helpful users here, I decided to list my collection on Ebay. Sorry! :/
  • B_HollsB_Holls Member Posts: 41
    Could you give a link to the eBay site 
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,372
    edited July 2015
    If you need to sell these relatively quick, then I recommend you lower your prices (except on the Y-Wing, which I've already advised you about in PM).

    While you will get more on eBay, they will take some time to sell... especially, if you are making a new eBay account. People will be very suspicious of a 0 feedback seller selling multiple sealed, rare, and expensive sets. 


    SumoLego
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    ^No need to be though. Paypal don't even release the money to the seller unless feedback is left by the buyer.
  • infoman7infoman7 Magnolia, TX USAMember Posts: 1
    Here's a little ebay trick I learned awhile back.  Refine your search parameters to only show sold items.  Using this trick I see that two Snow Speeders recently sold for over $2,000 each.  Hope this helps.
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    samiam391 said:
    If you need to sell these relatively quick, then I recommend you lower your prices (except on the Y-Wing, which I've already advised you about in PM).

    While you will get more on eBay, they will take some time to sell... especially, if you are making a new eBay account. People will be very suspicious of a 0 feedback seller selling multiple sealed, rare, and expensive sets. 


    I listed the y-wing like you recommended and made exactly what you told me. It sold in 24 hours for almost twice what i listed it here for! I have also had much better offers on the snow speeder than I did on here =D Thank you so much! 

    SumoLegokhmellymel
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    infoman7 said:
    Here's a little ebay trick I learned awhile back.  Refine your search parameters to only show sold items.  Using this trick I see that two Snow Speeders recently sold for over $2,000 each.  Hope this helps.
    I have been using this trick to determine what prices to list the items at! It seems to make the most sense! I also sometimes check other online sellers =) I don't think I'm being to unreasonable about the $1500 snowspeeder... Some of my best offers are looking pretty decent though =D
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15

    I'm still not entirely convinced all those $1200 plus Snowspeeder eBay sales are real - the two I've sold over the last two years have only ever got 8-9 hundred... Would be interested to hear from a seller who would verify a genuine 1200+ sale...
    One of my best offers for the snowspeeder is already above that amount =)
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I'm glad to see you're getting good money for these, especially when you need the money.

    I would have loved to have bit on that Y-Wing, but I did not have the money available, and personally I know it goes for much higher than your original asking price and would have felt a little guilty only paying that much for it.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,005
    Good to see that you're getting a good return on your Lego to fund school. One bit of advice about ebay - take lots of pictures of the items to keep for yourself just in case of a claim of 'not as described'. Also insure your items for shipping and get signed for! You really need to cover your back with ebay buyers! 
    hs.phili
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,372
    hs.phili said:
    samiam391 said:
    If you need to sell these relatively quick, then I recommend you lower your prices (except on the Y-Wing, which I've already advised you about in PM).

    While you will get more on eBay, they will take some time to sell... especially, if you are making a new eBay account. People will be very suspicious of a 0 feedback seller selling multiple sealed, rare, and expensive sets. 


    I listed the y-wing like you recommended and made exactly what you told me. It sold in 24 hours for almost twice what i listed it here for! I have also had much better offers on the snow speeder than I did on here =D Thank you so much! 

    No problem, happy to help! Have a good last year at school!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.