Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Life long Lego fan!

ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
I have collected and enjoyed Lego sets every since I was a kid and have recently started to share that passion with my kids as they get old enough to start playing!  I dabble in Castle, Pirate and Technic sets but spend most my money and time on anything Train related, creator sets (especially advanced sets like the Modular buildings) City elements (to display with the trains) and Star Wars sets (which I only recently have gotten back into).  I recently decided to take my collecting and building to the next level and use Lego sets to build a layout to replace my languishing HO train set (which I lacked the talent and patience to actually get anywhere useful with).  My goal is to design a fairly traditional train layout using some City elements combined with creator sets and of course trains, and a bit of my own designs.  I have been a huge fan of the Brickset website for a few years, but this new project has pushed me a little further down the rabbit hole and I decided to get onto these forums to get and share more ideas and feedback!  I am tracking my progress on my new layout here:  http://thoughtsonblocks.blogspot.com/

Comments

• xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    ^Sounds awesome! I wish you all the best with it!!!
    VorpalRyu
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,399
    Welcome!!
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    Some pictures of my new Train/City modular layout so far.  More pictures on my blog linked above.  Thanks for the welcome xiahna and Pitfall69!

Pitfall69
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    Welcome to the site @Thoughtsonblocks! Your City layout looks to be off to a brilliant start and I will be interested to watch it grow. 
    xiahna
    I do not have the patience or time to rebuild the all the Modulars on top of the road plates, but one day I will. Looks very nice.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,357
    well, you only have to rebuild the ground floor
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,376
    Thunderbox sighting!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,376
    Love Bob the Biker...
    Pitfall69
    I just found the box for him the other day :)
    Pitfall69 that looks great!  I hope the next modular building is a corner one...  I have three other modular buildings that will be going at a 90 degree angle back from the right side of the current display.  I am building the next modular table tomorrow.  I have a fair amount of road baseplates left but I am going to need to stock up on some more green ones.  Assuming that Lego continues the Creator amusement rides, I am going to just build a dedicated 30 inch by 60 inch add on modular table for those, with its own rail siding to deliver passengers of course!
    Did some fine tuning on the sidewalks, adding drains, some more fire hydrants and street lights in a standard design and spacing and also random 2x2 smooth single stud sidewalk tiles to help pose minifigures.  I need a tone more dark grey 2x2 finishing tiles, but I just found out the last batch of 150 I ordered are the wrong color (grey blue, not bluish grey, looked right in the picture but I didnt double check the color name on the ebay listing), so I am falling behind on side walks till I get more in.  

Pitfall69khmellymel
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,915
    Welcome! Looks like a great collection already.