Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Final 3 Ultra Agents sets will be unavailable in Europe

13»

Comments

• obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 540
    @VorpalRyu but that air is expensive ;)
    VorpalRyu
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    The ship is a really fun build. It has totally disappeared from all the toys r us stores in my area. They used to have a bunch of them up till last week.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 923
    Ultra agents have some of the best minifigs (the villains).  They should just call it the ultra agents of shield and watch the sales rise.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,448
    psyclone may be in my top 5 best minifigs. got infearno too, but I like him less. antimatter looks like one of the best of this year.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    edited July 2015
    ^^ Actually, that is one thing I have been disappointed with TLG having the Marvel licence, where are the S.H.I.E.L.D sets? I know we got the Helicarrier, there's a few other sets with S.H.I.E.L.D stuff in them, but no Coulson, Blake, Hand, etc, etc. We have a few versions of Fury, a S.H.I.E.L.D pilot & finally we got a version of Maria Hill (with the Helicarrier). For such a big organisation, very little in the way of Lego sets.
    xiahna
  • CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    Bum! I was in the US last week and would have picked one up if I'd known. I only collect minifigs, but the boat would have sold on e-bay for most of what I paid. Mind you, it's always possible that it could pop up somewhere as a Toys R Us exclusive set or something like that.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    edited July 2015
    It pretty much is a toys r us exclusive. No other retailer on the USA has carried it yet to my knowledge. Not sure if TRU is carrying it internationally though.

I still think Infearno is one of the best minifigs ever of any line. 
    Thanos75VorpalRyu
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,301
    Agreed on the minifigs. The villains are just excellent.
    VorpalRyu
    Infearno is one of my all time favorite minifigs. Just so cool. I see the 70173 is around $150 on amazon......but it's only $99 on [email protected] Is it international buyers running the prices up on Amazon and eBay?
    pharmjodVorpalRyu
    The Infearno Interception set was the reason I started collecting the theme, Infearno could easily be a second tier comic book villain (MARVEL or DC) & the car looks like something you'd see rolling around the Grid in Tron.
    pharmjodxiahna
    The minifig that got me wanting the series was the scientist in the white level A hazmat suit. Would look great in a laboratory modular.
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    pharmjod said:
    Not sure if TRU is carrying it internationally though.
    Is that something that could happen?  I've seen sets turning up at TRU way out of sync with other stores, but I'd have thought if the set's not coming to Europe/Australia at all, that'd apply to them same as everyone else.  If not, time to start keeping a closer eye on their stores...

Infearno is a great-looking villain - even with just a bare head (Ghost Rider needed the flame piece).
    edited July 2015
    @MissKittyFantastico, we scored a few of the #60064 Arctic Supply Plane in a local TRU, we're in South Australia, far as we know, no other states got any.
    xiahna
    Well, its official, Ultra Agents no longer showing on AU [email protected], something tells me TLG will not potentially be making the final three sets available in my region at a later date...
    xiahna
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,418
    Saw #70172 at my Lego store in the US. #70173 is on display but I didn't see any boxes around.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 350
    I can't believe that LEGO came out and said that they were not selling these because the theme is performing poorly.  I would have thought they would just confirm that these sets would not be released in some parts of the world. 

By by not releasing them worldwide though, LEGO has fueled the reseller market for these sets. Sure they get the bonus of artificial demand causing inflated sales numbers on a slow selling theme, but a lot of those sales may be to resellers who will fill the void in Europe.  Think of poor Timmy's mom who will have to track these down come Christmas time. 
    VorpalRyu
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,315
    Poor Timmy's mum will just be saying 'Here.  They didn't have any Ultra Agents in the shop - have some Elves instead.'

Of course, back in my day, we'd get a lump of coal and a tangerine and be happy with it...

;o)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2015
    Think of poor Timmy's mom who will have to track these down come Christmas time. 
    Agents?  Surely Timmy's mom can find plenty of other lines to satisfy her dear young son.

Speaking of, where's my Star Wars Planets Series 4?
    VorpalRyu
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    ^ Star Wars Planets Series 4 is limited to Uzbekistan and Russian regions only.  :wink: Timmy's mom will be well travelled soon enough.
    TheBigLegoskiVorpalRyupharmjoddougtsGalactus
    ^ and have a load of frequent flyer miles too! ;)
    VorpalRyu
    Just had a thought, what are the likely chances that these sets might be available in legoland (Windsor, for me) or the billund shop? 
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    Not likely unfortunately. But I do wish you luck with that. Unfortunately we don't have a Lego land but I have spoken to a few retailers and hopefully another scenario like the Artic Sea Plane happens. (Wasn't supposed to be in Australia but the TRU way down South got sent 6...) fingers crossed
    VorpalRyu
  • BrickPaulieBrickPaulie USAMember Posts: 15
    Think of poor Timmy's mom who will have to track these down come Christmas time. 
    Agents?  Surely Timmy's mom can find plenty of other lines to satisfy her dear young son.

Speaking of, where's my Star Wars Planets Series 4?
    This is probably a naive question, but were the Planet Series 4 really a limited release? I sort of missed them that year and have been wondering why I never saw them.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @BrickPaulie just a regional release issue, like how these 3 Agents sets are but in reverse. Where USA didn't get the release of Planets S4 while all of Europe and Asia(?) did. Also happened to us on multiple Polys, Batman & LotR board games, Friends Animals S6, etc.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ Apparently Friends animals S6 showed up in some Chicago Walgreens. I think the board games were a licensing issue weren't they? Rather than TLG deciding to limit their sale.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    Friends series 6 was in every walgreens to my knowledge. I saw them all over ky as well.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @pharmjod I'm rarely in one but when I looked around here (Nashville) I didn't find any after series 2, other people commenting in that thread seemed to be having trouble too.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    Has anyone checked to see whether Toys R Us in the US will ship to Europe? They have done so from time to time for other LEGO sets, sometimes at very attractive overall prices.
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Has anyone checked to see whether Toys R Us in the US will ship to Europe? They have done so from time to time for other LEGO sets, sometimes at very attractive overall prices.
    In the case of the 3 new Ultra Agents, it won't allow despatch to UK
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    Thanks for letting me know. I was thinking about #70173 which is the only set of the theme that made me think "now that's NICE". Shame.

According to @Bumblepants, Ultra Agents Ocean HQ now Call for Availability in US, hoping its just stock issues, wanting to get all three of these, although, I haven't heard back from @RomanticWarrior, hoping I'll hear something soon.
    xiahna
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,301
    The Ultrasonic Showdown sold out on [email protected] US as well. I am guessing they are done with these and production is being used elsewhere for what the expect to be the big Christmas sellers.
    Thanks for the heads up @Bumblepants, hoping @RomanticWarrior, has managed to source an extra set for me...
    xiahna
    edited September 2015
    one of my friends has bought me back #70173 from a recent trip - for my birthday, so that was a genuine surprise but i fear i'll not get 70171 or 70172 (although that's still on [email protected] so maybe).

i've noticed that there are people selling them out of south korea. has anyone here bough anything from that region? my concern is the legitimacy of it.

i'm also hoping that @CapnRex101 might be able to help me out... :)
  • thebrickgeekthebrickgeek ukMember Posts: 27
    It's ashame that ultra agents is coming to an end I was just getting into that theme but there no point get any sets now.
    Just discovered that the US TRU website has them in stock, but they won't ship to me (but they have free domestic shipping), would anyone be willing to debox the sets & ship to Australia?
    SumoLegoxiahna
  • OldSchoolFanOldSchoolFan CA, United StatesMember Posts: 5
    It's ashame that ultra agents is coming to an end I was just getting into that theme but there no point get any sets now.
    That does suck. I really likes this series. I have most of the villians from series 1 (love Inferno) and have only one I think from series 2. But I do have my sharkanator's that I love. But you could still get the sets. I mostly like the figures but the car that came with Infearno was sweet. 
    thebrickgeek
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    VorpalRyu said:
    Just discovered that the US TRU website has them in stock, but they won't ship to me (but they have free domestic shipping), would anyone be willing to debox the sets & ship to Australia?
    Would've been, but 70173 is already sold out
    @waynegg, that's weird because its showing as available to me, added to basket along with #70172 & #70171...
    xiahna
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Yeah. It's showing for me all of a sudden as well (and for $20 less than the $119 it was listed at earlier). You know the shipping is steep, right (cost me $17 to send a Playstation 3 controller to a friend a few months ago)? Anyhow, I'm more than happy to help,out. Just pm me.
  • magpie9magpie9 Member Posts: 11
    TRU in Bodø Norway did have three of #70173 : Ultra Agents Ocean HQ, and still has some of #70172. Might be worth trying other Norwegian TRU's.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,315
    I'm in New York on holiday at the moment.  Just checked TRU in Times Square, and they have all three of these sets.  I'd struggle to get them in our suitcase, but might manage it if someone wanted them unboxed (can't promise anything yet - don't know how much stuff we're going to buy), but just so I know, would anyone be interested?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    yoyo.com has 20% off 3+ Lego sets.

I think there are some Ultra Agents in there, but I don't recall if any of the newer ones were listed.
    @77ncaachamps, just out of curiosity I clicked through, seems they don't ship Lego products to Australia... Same issue I was having with Amazon.
    xiahna
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    I love this site. I'm not needing the Ultra Agents range as we were able to sort something out. But the kindness demonstrated here is touching. This is what a Lego community should do for each other. :)
    VorpalRyuRenegade007cjhkiki180703Lego_Star