Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Re-colouring the Jurassic World(/Park) Jeep

plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
edited July 2015 in Building and Techniques
Has anyone tried re-colouring the blue-and-white Jeep Wrangler from the official Jurassic World set with the red-and-team colours from the original movie? Is it possible to do with existing parts/colours?

If so, please post pics/instructions! If not, I'll download LDD and do it myself and post it for the good of the collective. ;-)

(I'm away from my PC for a week or two, though, so I can't do it immediately)

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    (Now that I think of it, the front area could do with a little tweaking to make it look more accurate, I think.)
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 65
    Plasmodium, I'm actually working on re-creating the Jeeps from LJW the Game in Lego Digital Designer--and off to a pretty good start I think. My suggestion would be to start there rather than with the JW set, as I believe the JW version is supposed to be a Mercedes G-class 4x4.
    Oh, OK. That makes a bit of sense, actually. Though I didn't know there was an open top version of the G-class (maybe Lego just made it up). I actually only had a quick look at re-colouring it so far, but I got a bit stuck making the headlights rectangular in a neat way. Let me know what you come up with!
  • KevBrickstructKevBrickstruct Member Posts: 42
    Nope, but I just finished designing and building the 1992 RED JEEP and Green Explorer from the first movie!  Instructions are in the works! 
    Nope, but I just finished designing and building the 1992 RED JEEP and Green Explorer from the first movie!  Instructions are in the works! 
    Nice. The '92 Jeep was what I was after. I think @Diamondback_Six is right in that the model I was trying to base it off wasn't supposed to be a Jeep, which was why I was finding it hard.
    I based mine off the video game version...with additions and changes.  My Jungle Explorer(the green truck) was based off the movie photos I could dig up.  Went a number of ways on that model....looks very different from the one DadsAFOL posted above.
    edited August 2015
    On the Jeep, I posted it at Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/Diamondback/1993-jeep-wrangler-sahara-flat-top-jurassic-park-jp-10

JP-10 is the "flat-top" driven in the T-rex chase and the final evacuation, I'm also working on the cloth-top JP-29 which carried Nedry to his doom, and the two rollcages from the arrival--if I can ever figure out how TT did those pesky cages; LDD's "flex" tool is the definition of Epic SUCK. Same thing's holding me back on the Explorers, though I've got the main load-bearing structure and most of the exterior worked out--it's the brushguard that's the killer.

Kev, is this MOC yours on the Explorer?
    https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MilkPls/jurassic-park-ford-explorer

Ha, No, not mine…but it's not a bad attempt….close to mine…but I like mine better.  Took me a long time, and two full builds to get it where I wanted it , scale wise.  That version you showed is DIGITAL, for a reason.  Those mudguards used do not exist in LIME GREEN.  I won't release photos of mine until they hit my site and the instructions are available to go with them.  Very fun to design!  I wish, God I wish we had some Minifigs of Alan, Ellie and Ian to go with it!
    Right--like that version, my own runs have been strictly "perfect replication of game model" mainly to estimate what the part-count and price would be if LEGO ever decides to Get A Clue and release them as official sets. :)

I mean, seriously, one would think that such a thing could go a LONG way toward erasing the ill-will they fostered in the JP community by that cutesy little stunt with Senteosan's Park Gate on Ideas...
    Here is the photoshop comp I did of my JP Ford Explorers, for my Custom Instructions Cover page.  I did build two of them, as each car only requires 345 parts!

FowlerBricksSumoLego