Thoughts on Lego Minifigures Online now that it's been out a while?

plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
Just wondering whether anyone's got a considered, long term opinion about the Minifigures Online game now that it's been out for a while.

I ask because there's been a lot of news (or very convincing rumours) that it's transitioned from a 'free-to-play with microtransactions' payment model to a traditional 'pay once for the entire game' model, and that it is being released for Linux (as well as presumably, Mac) - the first Lego game to do so, I believe. All of his makes it all the more interesting all of a sudden, and I'm just wondering what people think of it.

Comments

• NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    I don't know about "a considered, long term opinion" but I have played since day 1 off and on with my kids. I like it because it is pretty easy for them to play. It has grown steadily and includes special stuff like the holiday bonus area and the randomized, Lost Creations area.

That being said, the game play is basically a lot of clicking. There is some strategy based on selecting and switching minifigs, but that is about it. I think the graphics are great. 

The kids do like that when they get a new minifig (in the bag) in real life, they can play it in the game. 

Overall, it is neat but not significant. 
    plasmodium
  • LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311
    I'm outraged. I couldn't play it for the past year because it wasn't available for iOS and now that they are finally going to get it on iOS, you have to pay for it and download the app. I think it is going to go downhill with the change to paying.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    I'm happy because I paid for the monthly "membership", so now I am included without any more paying. 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    I haven't looked, but if you did the life membership, do you still get the figure bag monthly and other bonuses?
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    I had about 60 days of free play through CMF codes, but only played for about 15 days.
    I will be a bit pissed off if I have lost the 45 days remaining.....
    It is not a great game for tactics but the graphics are okay to good. 
    As a high level character it is fun to help out teams of lower level characters by speeding through the low level areas.  
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Hm, doesn't sound as though it is necessarily worth the £30 for me, then. Thanks all!
    Natebw
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    Venunder said:
    I had about 60 days of free play through CMF codes, but only played for about 15 days.
    I will be a bit pissed off if I have lost the 45 days remaining.....
    It is not a great game for tactics but the graphics are okay to good. 
    As a high level character it is fun to help out teams of lower level characters by speeding through the low level areas.  
    how did you get the free trial
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    ^ 3 days free play for each Code that came with the CMF series 12 and 13.

• dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    Venunder said:
    ^ 3 days free play for each Code that came with the CMF series 12 and 13.

i have entertred a bunch of codees but got no free trial