Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO mentioned in the music charts

allyburnsallyburns Member Posts: 62
edited November 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Hi All,

I couldn't help but notice a new song in the UK charts called " Lego House" by Ed Sheeran

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces,
And build a Lego house
If things go wrong we can knock it down"

I find this mildly amusing, although I keep thinking of the horrible looking LEGO house they made on James May's Toy Stories when I hear the song!

I was wondering if anyone else can think of any songs that mention LEGO in any way?

What's the most interesting mention LEGO has had that you can think of?

Comments

• Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 212
    The Delays - Long Time Coming. The second line. And they're great band live btw.

• RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    ^^ super creepy video. I am not familiar with the artist, so for the first few minutes of the video I thought, "Man, this guy looks a LOT like the kid from Harry Potter" lol.

Nice shout-out to the LEGO Hillside House.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    I can't currently find it but I've heard a rap song a couple of times on radio 1 (admittedly it was on Nick Grimshaw's show, so not usually on the normal playlist) that seemed to rap something like 'leggo' my lego'... Or that may just be my mind playing lego related tricks on me!
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Just for a laugh watch this....at the peak of the chorus it sounds like "there's Lego on top of the world". Not quite true I know but it makes me smile every time. :))))

• MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 315
    ^^ You might be referring to the song "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz where he says "gotta Leggo" about the :38 second mark in addtition to throughout the song. I think he's referring to letting go, but it sounds a lot like Lego.

^ sorry I should have said it was a female rapper, but all attempts at googling came up dud.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    A couple more examples ...
    The Maccabees - 'Lego'

Ben Pleasance - 'Lego Song' (closing theme from LamL Radio)

Ian Gomm - 'Lego' (opening theme from LamL Radio)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Seems Ed Sheeran must be quite some Lego fan, as well as 'Lego House' (above) he also mentions Lego in 'U.N.I.' -
    Around 1:15 "I never wanna settle down, come around, break up the love like lego now"
  • birgoylebirgoyle Member Posts: 6
    There's also a Black Eyed Peas song called "XOXOXO" (from the album The Beginning) and in it Apl de Ap says "I wanna stay connected like Lego"
    edited February 2012
    Digging this up a bit, but prompted by @MrGarkaz I decided to try and find the song I mentioned above again. It took me about 5minutes (via a incredibly vulgar afroman track...) but this is the song simply called 'Lego' by a female british rapper called Lady Leshurr.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCgTYdp3cOc
  • legirllegirl Member Posts: 105
    I know it isn't current but this is my favourite lego song