Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Did Anyone Ever Play Lego Wars With Rules?

mechapopmechapop sacramento, californiaMember Posts: 6
Reading some posts, I remembered back to jr high in the late 80s/early 90s when myself and neighbor kids or kids from school would get together and have lego wars, constructed a little bit like part DnD and part Stratego. Also kind of similar to Advance Wars for the GBA thatd come out years later. Basically youd build a base, vehicles with weapons, planes, minifig soldiers and other war toys out of Legos. Then we had very specific rules. Youd role the dice, and whatever was on a six sided dice represented inches on a ruler. So if you rolled a 5, you could take a ruler and go 5 inches. The second roll of the dice, if I can recall, was your strong value. So the second person would roll and theyd take damage according to their counter roll. Or something like that. We kept binders of rules, score count, etc. We allowed for spring based weapon firing, sneak attacks, suicide bombings, etc. Often the "battlefield" was quite big. From a living room to sometimes a field. 1 on 1 or 2 on 2. Unlike a game of marbles tho, the winner didnt take the loser's legos, tho some kids would play those games.

For some reason after 1995 we all kind of stopped doing that, but I really wish I had remembered the rules.

Comments

• OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 614
    Never played myself, but here's a pretty comprehensive rules set that might be familiar enough to you:

http://brikwars.com/
  • mechapopmechapop sacramento, californiaMember Posts: 6
    Oldfan said:
    Never played myself, but here's a pretty comprehensive rules set that might be familiar enough to you:

http://brikwars.com/
    awwwww! This is SO amazing! Thank you for the Brikwars link. Going to have a lot of fun looking over this
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,312
    The first rule of Lego War: There are no rules
    Wait no.....the first rule of Lego fight club is we don't talk about Lego fight club
    mechapop
    Actually I was going over heroclicks rules yesterday and thought Lego Hero clicks would be awesome
    mechapop
  • mechapopmechapop sacramento, californiaMember Posts: 6
    dannyrww said:
    Actually I was going over heroclicks rules yesterday and thought Lego Hero clicks would be awesome
    That actually is a pretty solid idea. Also if anyone ever played the game boy advance game "Advance Wars", in retrospect that could somehow be figured into a lego wars system.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Some kids near me once told me that they did, but they never let me play or told me their rules, because of typical kid 'politics'. :-P