Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Cambridge University - New "Professor Of Lego" role

bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-33107832

"A professor of Lego could soon be in post at Cambridge University.

The Lego Foundation has provided the university with £2.5m to fund a Lego Professorship of Play in Education, Development and Learning.

It has also provided £1.5m to support a play research centre in the education faculty, which will be led by the Lego professor."
SirKevbagsBuzzsawBrikingLostInTranslationAndyPolLegoKipbobabricksGothamConstructionCosnowhitie

Comments

• woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Brilliant, I work for Warwick Uni. I'll start my campaign on Monday to get me one of those.
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 356
    woony2 said:
    Brilliant, I work for Warwick Uni. I'll start my campaign on Monday to get me one of those.
    Go for it, unless you try, you'll never know!
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,510
    Isn't cambridge all bikes and car haters? couldn't be doing with that, can you commute via skype?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,760
    The title is a bit misleading (but hey... journalism) as it's actually a professor of play and learning (I guess researching that sort of stuff, which still sounds like a doddle) and is sponsored by the Lego Company. Hence 'Lego Professorship'. I'm just trying to put you all off so there's no competition when I apply.
    bobabricksplasmodiumLostInTranslation