Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Cambridge University - New "Professor Of Lego" role

bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-33107832

"A professor of Lego could soon be in post at Cambridge University.

The Lego Foundation has provided the university with £2.5m to fund a Lego Professorship of Play in Education, Development and Learning.

It has also provided £1.5m to support a play research centre in the education faculty, which will be led by the Lego professor."
SirKevbagsBuzzsawBrikingLostInTranslationAndyPolLegoKipbobabricksGothamConstructionCosnowhitie

Comments

• woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Brilliant, I work for Warwick Uni. I'll start my campaign on Monday to get me one of those.
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 351
    woony2 said:
    Brilliant, I work for Warwick Uni. I'll start my campaign on Monday to get me one of those.
    Go for it, unless you try, you'll never know!
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,504
    Isn't cambridge all bikes and car haters? couldn't be doing with that, can you commute via skype?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,626
    The title is a bit misleading (but hey... journalism) as it's actually a professor of play and learning (I guess researching that sort of stuff, which still sounds like a doddle) and is sponsored by the Lego Company. Hence 'Lego Professorship'. I'm just trying to put you all off so there's no competition when I apply.
    bobabricksplasmodiumLostInTranslation