Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Ideas-World War Two Planes

I recently built a series of microscale WWII planes that I want to put on Lego Ideas. The sets have one Allied and one Axis plane and average 45 pieces per set. However, I was unsure of wether or not they were good enough or even appropriate to put on Lego Ideas. I know they are against modern warfare, but this was 70 years ago. These would be good sets, because:

1. it is the 70th Anniversary of World War 2
  2. They have great collectible value- there are about ten sets and some of them are meant to be together
  3. They have great play value
  4. They have great display value- they look very nice and I could include a stand and/or a minifigure/s to go with the planes

However, you could argue against them that:
  1. World War Two was not long enough ago
  2. Having miniature ww2 planes could offend people
  3. The collectibility factor and the toy factor could be rude to WW2 vets
  4. One of the planes is really awful
I guess I don't really know what to do. On one hand, it would be really cool to have a 70th anniversary World War Two thing, but on the other hand, tiny, collectible Lego planes maybe aren't the kind of thing that would be good. I don't really know how Denmark fared in WWII, so that would probably be important. I realise Lego wasn't around then, but it could still be a factor. I don't want to offend the greatest company in history! 
I was planning to put the pic on top as the cover image for one of the sets on Lego Ideas before I started doubting myself. I don't really want to do the micro figures you see at the bottom anymore.

Please tell me your honest opinion. I want to know about its value as a Lego set series and how offensive it would be or how many Ideas rules it would break.

I can post more pictures if you really need them, but this discussion isn't meant to be about the MOCs. I can start another discussion later for that.

Thanks.

Comments

• LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311
    For reference, the planes are a Supermarine Spitfire on the right and a Junkers Ju87 Stuka on the left.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,295

if it breaks any lego idea rules it will just be rejected. personally, I wouldn't support it, I only see a bunch a small pieces. if I wanted a lego plane I would get something much bigger and more detailled.

didn't lego make the red baron?

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    I think it's cool, and I like the way you've represented the planes in such tiny models, but I'm not sure about its viability. There's the old "Lego doesn't do war" thing, which has a million significant counterexamples, but I think the problem here is that it would be commemorating a war, which is making a political statement - either a pro-/supporting the military one or an anti-war/peace one. Both sides have their proponents and pro/con arguments, but I think Lego would want to stay well away from either. High profile companies tend not to want to make political statements of any kind.
    you mean not publicly, right?
    plasmodium
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Nice little builds but probably not what would attracted much attention on Lego Ideas. If you have tell people exactly what they are (it's a Spitfire), then you have lost much of your audience.
    ecmo47 said:
    Nice little builds but probably not what would attracted much attention on Lego Ideas. If you have tell people exactly what they are (it's a Spitfire), then you have lost much of your audience.
    Yeah... I've got a neat road construction set that's almost out of time with I believe 15 supports. I wasn't worried about supporters. You don't have to know about WW2 to like miniature airplanes, and I have more recognisable planes than a Spitfire and a Stuka, but I was more worried about it being the right kind of deal to commemorate such a big deal. Most of the sets are American vs. German, so... I don't know how they would be received in former Axis countries, which actually are pretty big Lego buyers. Would you want a set from a war you lost? Would kids reenact it so that Germany won? I don't want to offend people from other countries. The only places I know these would do well in are America and Great Britain. 'Cause we won. I guess if anyone from Germany reads this, they should tell me what they think. I could write the description to be open ended, like " Will the Spitfire win the Battle of Britain? Or will the Stuka dive-bomber outfly the competition? It's up to you!"

I shouldn't really be so concerned, I suppose. It's not like they come with little swatiskas or anything. I just don't know if this is the right way to remember World War Two.
    I took a photo of the collection if that makes a difference.

Allied, top, left to right:
    P-38 Lightning, Mustang, Shooting Star, Hawker Hurricane, Black Widow, Spitfire, Wildcat, B-17 Flying Fortress(broken)
    Axis, bottom, L-R
    junkers or heinkel (forgot), Messerschmitt (forgot), Messerschmitt Me262 and flying bomb, forgot, Ju or He, Stuka, Mitsubishi Zero, Mess. and two tiny tanks, factory, and AA gun.

I think the last pairing would be the most questionable. The rest might be okay.
    I based the mustang off of someone else's design. Not exactly the same, but very similar, and based the rest off of my mustang. I can't find back the one I was inspired by to give recognition and I didn't look who it was the first time. If anyone recognises this style, let me know who built it first. It's not an exact copy, so it shouldn't be a problem if I can find back my inspiration.

You could vote for the best and safest one and I could test the waters with it. If it sparks an outrage, well, I won't put up any more. If people vote for it like mad, I'll add a few more.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    @dougts If you were paying attention, I wasn't promoting or sharing a submission, I was trying to decide wether or not to put something on Lego Ideas. Trying not to offend entire countries is just a little different from trying to get people to vote for a project. I realise I said "vote" in my last comment, but I meant vote on the forum for which one I put up. No one's ever had to avoid offending entire countries before.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    ^ You obviously weren't around for the Jabbas Palace fiasco.
    Pitfall69dougtskhmellymel
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    The rule of thumb for me is: If there is any doubt that Lego will reject an IDEAS submission because it violates their rules and regulations, then it probably shouldn't be submitted. 
    dougts
    @dougts If you were paying attention, I wasn't promoting or sharing a submission, I was trying to decide wether or not to put something on Lego Ideas. Trying not to offend entire countries is just a little different from trying to get people to vote for a project. I realise I said "vote" in my last comment, but I meant vote on the forum for which one I put up. No one's ever had to avoid offending entire countries before.
    Pretty fine line.  If everyone who wants to promote a project first decides they want to start a new thread about it first to gauge interest or feasibility, we would be back to having dozens of threads cropping up regularly n the existing thread I linked is still the most appropriate place for this conversation 

that said, your idea has no chance on Ideas anyway. Microscale, modern warfare, obscure subjects.  It's the niche of a niche. 
    TheLoneTensor
    Pretty fine line.  If everyone who wants to promote a project decides they want to start a new thread about it first to gauge interest or feasibility, we would be back to having dozens of threads cropping up regularly.   the existing thread I linked is still the most appropriate place for this conversation to occur 

that said, your idea has no chance on Ideas anyway. Microscale, modern warfare, obscure subjects.  It's the niche of a niche. 
    CCC
    ^You can say that again ;)
    dougtsTheLoneTensorNatebwnatro220
    Grr.  The iPhone double post.  Happens far too often on this site 
    edited June 2015
    I really like the idea of WW2 planes and Modern Military aircraft, but I know Lego won't produce such sets. I am young enough that I might see a WWII set in 40 years, but there is much more stigma attached to that war than WWI, so I doubt we will ever see a set made.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    ecmo47 said:
    Yeah... I've got a neat road construction set that's almost out of time with I believe 15 supports. I wasn't worried about supporters.
    I don't get it. Why bother uploading ideas if you are not too bothered about getting support? That is one of the problems with the ideas sites. Too many people make something and take a photo then upload it without really thinking about why. Do you really think other people would want to buy them? Personally, I wouldn't buy them. They don't look like what they are meant to be at that scale. They are similar to the SW ships that come with advent calendars that often leave people scratching their heads wondering what they are.
    dougts
    oldtodd33 said:
    ^ You obviously weren't around for the Jabbas Palace fiasco.
    They didn't expect it ahead of time, but yeah, I forgot about that.

Pitfall69 said:
    I really like the idea of WW2 planes and Modern Military aircraft, but I know Lego won't produce such sets. I am young enough that I might see a WWII set in 40 years, but there is much more stigma attached to that war than WWI, so I doubt we will ever see a set made.
    Thank you for an actually useable opinion instead of trying to find fifty reasons to hate me, my discussion, and my probably-not-happening project like a certain other user is doing. 
    CCC said:
    ecmo47 said:
    Yeah... I've got a neat road construction set that's almost out of time with I believe 15 supports. I wasn't worried about supporters.
    I don't get it. Why bother uploading ideas if you are not too bothered about getting support? That is one of the problems with the ideas sites. Too many people make something and take a photo then upload it without really thinking about why. Do you really think other people would want to buy them? Personally, I wouldn't buy them. They don't look like what they are meant to be at that scale. They are similar to the SW ships that come with advent calendars that often leave people scratching their heads wondering what they are.
    I wasn't worried about the support. I was worried about offending people and getting kicked off of Lego Ideas for having a bunch of complaints made.

There’s a wide range of awesome ideas that would make great LEGO products. However, in order for us to be able to consider your project, it must fit with our brand values and guidelines. Remember, not everything that is submitted gets approved, but following these guidelines is the surest recipe to see that your project is approved for LEGO Ideas.

Keep your project’s contents appropriate.

Projects related to the topics below do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on LEGO Ideas. We will decide how a project fits these standards.

• a. Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movements (they might see it as a political thing, but I don't mean it to be a political statement.)✔️

• b. Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people ✔️

• c. Sex, drugs, or smoking ✔️

• d. Alcohol in any present day situation ✔️

• e. Swearing ✔️

• f. Death, killing, blood, terrorism, or torture ✔️

• g. First-person shooter video games ✔️

• h. Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials (HERE is where it gets tricky. How long ago did "Modern" begin. I would say that the Vietnam or Cold War would be modern, but the next guy could come along (say, dougts) and say the Ice Age was modern. I think 70 years ago is not modern, but who knows. I know World War Two cannot be considered present-day. But there's also the question of "national war memorials". I interpret this as a statue or the Veteran's Wall or something, but you never know. I, personally, don't think this would break any rules, but it is a matter of personal interpretation and not actually my main concern in the first place.)

• i. Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals✔️

Your models may only use existing LEGO parts. We do not allow suggestions for new LEGO parts.

Projects may only contain genuine, un-cut or modified LEGO® bricks. Proposals for new LEGO parts (of any material), competing brand building bricks, or “aftermarket” elements manufactured and sold by any third party are not allowed.✔️

No Minifigure-only projects, Minifigure series proposals, or “battle packs.”

We don’t accept projects that request only LEGO Minifigures, a new LEGO Minifigure series, LEGO Minifigures with accessories, or “battle packs.” We only consider Minifigures as a part of a set that includes a substantial LEGO model. (By "battle pack" I think they mean one of their Star Wars sets with a dumb little vehicle and a few rare storm troopers, but this is a matter of interpretation. I don't consider this a battle pack, because that would imply that you were to collect hundreds of them and fight with them. I guess that's the idea, but... It just isn't a battle pack. It just isnt.

Please only suggest new ideas. No projects to “bring back” old LEGO sets.

Don't submit projects requesting we re-release or “bring back” discontinued LEGO products or themes in their original form, and don’t submit projects that are “modifications,” “improvements,” or “expansion sets” to existing or past LEGO sets. If you’re submitting a project based on a discontinued LEGO theme or brand (for example Blacktron or Octan), it must be your own new, creative work.✔️

Please avoid projects based on brands that are licensed by our competitors.

We can’t guarantee we can produce your project if it is based on a competitive toy licensor– this is where all the legal stuff becomes complicated. We do not check all new project submissions for license conflicts as there are too many potential conflicts, but projects may be removed at any time if legal issues arise. To avoid this, you might want to do your own research for potential conflicts before submitting a project.✔️

So there's the main rules for you. I hope this clears things up and steers us back toward my original discussion, which was mainly about not offending veterans and Germany. And no one say, "well, if you think it might offend someone, don't put it up", because I DON'T KNOW. That is the entire reason I asked and I haven't even gotten an answer. I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH THE RULES OR WITH GETTING ENOUGH SUPPORTS, AND I DO NOT CARE IF YOU WOULD SUPPORT IT OR WHAT YOU THINK OF MICROSCALE AND WORLD WAR TWO PLANES (WHICH ARE NOT AS OBSCURE AS DOUGTS MIGHT THINK). I would really like to hear from a veteran. World War 2 would be ideal, but I don't think they spend much time on Lego forums. If you know a WW2 vet, ask him what he would think of this. Lastly, anyone from Germany should tell me if this set would offend them. That's really what I was asking. I made the mistake of mentioning the word "rules" which is all anyone has really discussed beside the fact that apparently no one would ever buy miniature airplanes, according to dougts, and DONT COME AND POST SAYING THAT YOU DIDNT SAY NO ONE WOULD BUY MINI PLANES BECAUSE THAT WAS A HYPERBOLE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. If I hear ONE MORE off-topic response, I'll put them all up and maybe start World War Three and see what you think of that. Maybe you SHOULD have told me Germany would have been offended.

dougts said:
    Pretty fine line.  If everyone who wants to promote a project decides they want to start a new thread about it first to gauge interest or feasibility, we would be back to having dozens of threads cropping up regularly.   the existing thread I linked is still the most appropriate place for this conversation to occur 

I am not "gauging interest or feasibility", I am asking wether people would be offended. If I put it in your precious thread, it would get about two replies like the ones I have already gotten and then someone else would post something you would like more and I wouldn't hear about it anymore. Contact the administrators and tattle on me if you have a problem. 

And thanks for for telling me my project doesn't have a chance. You're really mature.
    dougts said:
    Site complaints and bugs go here: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4801/forum-changes-reviewing-updates-and-bugs#latest
    plasmodium
    edited June 2015

h. Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials (HERE is where it gets tricky. How long ago did "Modern" begin. I would say that the Vietnam or Cold War would be modern, but the next guy could come along (say, dougts) and say the Ice Age was modern. I think 70 years ago is not modern, but who knows. I know World War Two cannot be considered present-day.

Modern Warfare is normally defined to be from WW2 onwards. There was a step change in technology including, for example, nuclear weapons. That change in style of war still affects the modern world.

If I hear ONE MORE off-topic response, I'll put them all up and maybe start World War Three and see what you think of that.

If you want to put them up, put them up.

You don't take much risk by proposing your ideas I think. Dunno why some people would be offended by plastic planes, and if they are, maybe they should wonder why.

I doubt it will cause any outrage, unless it reaches 10000 or close, and especially if lego decides to produce them (like why did they choose that set and not this other one)

Now, another question, is it worth posting on ideas? Compared to other existing projects, does it look like it will just clutter the database or like it will really brings something? Of course I know it is hard to be objective about it, we tend to be so proud of our own work, also it is always possible to receive lots of praise from people who have no clue what they talk about, which doesn't help either. (that's something I saw in mapping, people unable to build functionnal maps being praised by other people who couldn't make any better)

@Fauch I wasn't really worried about them being offended by the planes, I was more worried about the general message. I am starting to think I probably shouldn't bother. I kind of doubt it will offend anyone too badly, but it wouldn't really be worth my time. I don't know if they would even accept them anyway, as @CCC defined modern warfare as WW2 onwards, so... Maybe in thirty years on the one hundredth anniversary. Even then, I still don't know if miniature planes are the right way to commemorate such a war. Maybe something like the 10226 Sopwith Camel would be better anyway. Thanks for your help, everyone except dougts. He wasn't helpful.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    dougts said:
    Site complaints and bugs go here: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4801/forum-changes-reviewing-updates-and-bugs#latest
    Heheheh...nice one ;-)

But seriously, mate, I hope my post up there didn't come across as being rude! My point was mainly that even if you don't put a political point across, other people might read one into it. The Jabba's Palace Fiasco was a bit ridiculous, as only a very small group of people (who were looking for a way to gain some media coverage) were offended, but I think that this has a wider scope to be interpreted politically.

That said, what do you have to lose if you put it online and no-one votes? Even if it does get 10,000 votes and Lego rejects it, you still haven't lost anything (except maybe some pride). I say go for it.
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Is it offensive?
    No, of course not
    unless of course you have clear Nazi symbolism 
    This isn't a Lego concentration camp
    Most Germans (even soldiers) had no idea the level of atrocities being committed 

Is it modern?
    Its on the edge. There are still living vets of that war. Give it 10 years and that'll change. 

Should you you bother submitting?
    At the risk of getting nagged at I wouldn't waste your time. Though I guess I should also say it depends on why you want it there. 

The whole point of Ideas is to get your concept approved and produced. If this is your purpose then I have to break it to you that it'll never make it. Compare it to the "winning" submissions. Do you feel it has enough detail in comparison? How about enough marketability?
    Its just not gonna happen. 
    Sorry. 

On the other hand, if you just want something of yours on the internet that will clog up the Ideas site and make it more difficult for submissions with an actual chance to be discovered than I think you have a clear winner. 

Don't mean to be rude (that distinction is already taken on this thread) but pretty much every indication is that you don't care. And if you don't care than don't bother. It just wastes everyone's time. 

Solarious said:

Is it modern?
    Its on the edge. There are still living vets of that war. Give it 10 years and that'll change. 

Even though most WW2 veterans will be gone by then, it will still be classed as modern warfare. It's not the fact that survivors are still alive the means it is modern, it is the techniques of war (distance bombing, nuclear, communications) and tactics of war (such as targetting civilians) that define it as modern. Of course, LEGO may change their stance on modern warfare and make sets in those 10 years. But WW2 will still be classed as modern warfare.

natro220
    dougts said:

And thanks for for telling me my project doesn't have a chance. You're really mature.
    you started up a brand new thread to ask people's opinions about your project.  I gave you mine.  Not sure where "maturity" comes into play.  Blunt?  absolutely.
    edited June 2015
    CCC said:
    Even though most WW2 veterans will be gone by then, it will still be classed as modern warfare. It's not the fact that survivors are still alive the means it is modern, it is the techniques of war (distance bombing, nuclear, communications) and tactics of war (such as targetting civilians) that define it as modern. Of course, LEGO may change their stance on modern warfare and make sets in those 10 years. But WW2 will still be classed as modern warfare.
    Call of Duty called itself "modern warfare" to make clear they weren't making games about WW2 anymore :p
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2015
    dougts said:
    dougts said:

you started up a brand new thread to ask people's opinions about your project.  I gave you mine.  Not sure where "maturity" comes into play.  Blunt?  absolutely.
    No doubt.  Why is @dougts catching crap for being honest?  He was blunt, but frankly, I'll take a blunt response over a wall of questionably-sincere text anytime.  Also, him stating that there shouldn't be individual threads for these things is not something that should get get him a flag bomb.  It should be applauded.

For the record, he's absolutely right.  Your project doesn't stand a chance.  It's not because it sucks (it doesn't - I love me my warbirds) or isn't creative (it is), but more because the concept of Lego Ideas has been flawed from inception.  As a result, niche things like this just won't ever fly.
    edited June 2015
    ^Until they made Call if Duty "World at War" the year after ;) The first Black Ops emcompassed the end of WWII and Vietnam, so apparently,  they didn't make it clear they weren't making games anout WWII anymore. 
    Exactly, they called it Modern Warfare to make it clear that game wasn't about WWII.

Btw, another chance to reminisce about how incredibly awesome COD4 was, ahhh.
    Pitfall69
    It was great. "Bog" was one of my favorite maps. I would run to the hill and just chuck grenades over and kill anyone that tried to come onto the hill. 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited June 2015
    TLG's policy on Warfare vehicles (and violence in general) is very inconsistent, so it's hard to generalize and assume certain things would be automatically off-limits.

World War I is officially within bounds, as proven by the Sopwith Camel. And the Spitfire that was neutered to become the Aviation Adventure set ventures into WWII era. And if they can make the F-14 (Fast Flyer), Rafale (Sonic Boom), F-35 Lightning (this year) and Blackhawk helicopter (last year), then I think there is a lot of gray area to work within even for 'Modern'.

These micro-warbirds still have a chance until TLG fully states otherwise.

The Sopwith Camel doesn't necessary open up all WW1. Just because they have chosen to do a plane doesn't mean they have to open up realistic armed minifigs or tanks, for example.

oh world at war, but it was another studio. I actually don't know much about CoD, but I think they were trying to distinguish themselves from series like medal of honor. (though, I doubt MoH was worth much at that time...)

lego did a blackhawk?

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Fauch said:
    lego did a blackhawk?
    There was #9396 in 2012, but maybe that's not the set being referred to.
    Solarious said:
    Is it offensive?
    No, of course not
    unless of course you have clear Nazi symbolism 
    This isn't a Lego concentration camp
    Most Germans (even soldiers) had no idea the level of atrocities being committed 

Is it modern?

Should you you bother submitting?
    At the risk of getting nagged at I wouldn't waste your time. Though I guess I should also say it depends on why you want it there. 

The whole point of Ideas is to get your concept approved and produced. If this is your purpose then I have to break it to you that it'll never make it. Compare it to the "winning" submissions. Do you feel it has enough detail in comparison? How about enough marketability?
    Its just not gonna happen. 
    Sorry. 

On the other hand, if you just want something of yours on the internet that will clog up the Ideas site and make it more difficult for submissions with an actual chance to be discovered than I think you have a clear winner. 

Don't mean to be rude (that distinction is already taken on this thread) but pretty much every indication is that you don't care. And if you don't care than don't bother. It just wastes everyone's time. 

You are probably right. I was starting to think the same thing.
    CCC said:
    Solarious said:

Is it modern?

I was thinking thirty years for the one hundredth anniversary.
    dougts said:
    dougts said:

Yeah, well. You've hated my discussion from the start. Blunt? That's me. I have no qualms about insulting people back. I don't like people who constantly come back to a discussion just out of spite to add more negativity. I appreciate that you took the time to write, but you could be friendlier about it. My project may very well not have a chance, but other people who think so aren't insulting about it.

dougts said:
    dougts said:

No doubt.  Why is @dougts catching crap for being honest?  He was blunt, but frankly, I'll take a blunt response over a wall of questionably-sincere text anytime.  Also, him stating that there shouldn't be individual threads for these things is not something that should get get him a flag bomb.  It should be applauded.

For the record, he's absolutely right.  Your project doesn't stand a chance.  It's not because it sucks (it doesn't - I love me my warbirds) or isn't creative (it is), but more because the concept of Lego Ideas has been flawed from inception.  As a result, niche things like this just won't ever fly.
    I wasn't going to flag him until he started being kind of a jerk about it. Thanks for your opinion, which was actually worth reading and was quite informative. 
    Everyone who has contributed something to my discussion has been very helpful (disgruntled, thinly disguised insults are not contributions), but my real question still remains:
    Will an outright Allied vs. Axis World War Two set insult or offend those who fought in the war and their descendants?  All but one of you have helped me greatly, but no one has actually answered my biggest concern. We can be done here if someone actually clearly answers that. I won't have to listen to a certain someone's quietly seething hate anymore.

Off topic: Can you block someone on the forum? Like stop seeing their comments? That'do be a great feature, if the administrators ever read this. Chances are I'll be in some sort of trouble if this has crossed their desk, but it's just a suggestion.
    edited June 2015
    Will either a person who experienced first-hand things that most people could not possibly understand in a theater of war, or the proud descendants of those heroes be offended by some guy who put together some little plastic toys?

No.

Btw, your biggest concern should be how to relax on internet.
    dougtsShibnatro220
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    binaryeye said:
    Fauch said:
    lego did a blackhawk?
    There was #9396 in 2012, but maybe that's not the set being referred to.
    Yes that's the right one. My mistake on the year, was going by EOL instead of release.
    Will either a person who experienced first-hand things that most people could not possibly understand in a theater of war, or the proud descendants of those heroes be offended by some guy who put together some little plastic toys?

No.

Btw, your biggest concern should be how to relax on internet.
    Dougts has made me so mad today. I was relaxed, but he has made it difficult to stay that way. I should just stay off the forum for a while. And thank you for finally answering, even though it seems a bit condescending. 
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Never hurt to try, in 2013 The LEGO Cuusoo didn't approve my project with "Your project refers to a brand or licensed property that contains content or themes that do not fit the LEGO Group's standards for appropriate content"

Project was The Simpsons Living Room, I guess their standard changed a few months later :)
    Bumblepants