Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Face dimensions of 1x1 and 1x2 tiles?

bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
edited November 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Howdy.

Does anyone know the *exact* dimensions of the face of a 1x1 and 1x2 tile? I need to create a bunch of tiny stickers for these pieces but can't find exact dimensions online. I don't have sophisticated enough measuring equipment to find out myself.

I need the dimension to the tenth of a millimetre if possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    The nominal size of a 1x1 brick (excluding stud) is 8.0mm wide, 8.0mm deep, and 9.6mm tall; I say nominal, as that ignores the small gaps between bricks (they shave off ~0.1mm on each exposed side to aid fit between the bricks).

So, a 1x1 tile should have a face area of 7.8mm by 7.8mm, and a 1x2 tile a face area of 7.8mm by 15.8mm. In reality the practical size will be slightly less than that due to the curved edges around the top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lego_dimensions.svg
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    That's perfect. Thank you.