Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The weirdest Lego news story you will read today

TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
klatu003

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,942
    Did anyone else gave a 'related items' Amazon advertisement for the Leaning Tower of Pisa?

That made me laugh.
    klatu003JELJ1S
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Not surprised that Lego would go to great lenghts to keep their stuff "Family Friendly". I just wonder how they would shut down the building of a phalic symbol when doing free build.

Ironically at the bottom of the article was a "related product"..... Lego Architecture: The Leaning Tower of Pisa! :O
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,296

"Related Product:

LEGO Architecture The Leaning Tower of Pisa"

lol, I see what you did there...

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,942
    We are all children.  This is the exact reason why they had to shut it down!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    Favorite quote:

"We even had an employee very nearly fired for building a penis. It was on his own property, but a kid wandered into it during a kid test."
    andhe
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    ecmo47 said:
    Not surprised that Lego would go to great lenghts to keep their stuff "Family Friendly". I just wonder how they would shut down the building of a phalic symbol when doing free build.
    Free building or free ballin' ? ;)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,817
    Detect penises, get ( . Y . ) instead.

roxio
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    If they want to be successful, this shouldn't stop them. In fact, all this does is entice groups to do whatever it takes to get around this and create a dong Utopia.  Did anyone care if entire cities of dongs were created in Minecraft?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,817
    That's the silly thing isn't it. As soon as it is known you are trying to ban something, then people will want to create them.

plasmodiumdougtsJELJ1SSumoLego
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=minecraft+penis

It may not have been a problem though, mostly because Mojang wasn't a multi-billion $ child's toy company with a reputation of being safe for kids. As a parent I would expect a much higher level of moderation from an official LEGO branded game than one developed by an independent swede.