Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Summer 2015 DC/Marvel sets

novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
Has anyone been able to find these in stores? I'm looking forward to picking up the new Deathstroke and Carnage sets but haven't been able to find these yet. 

Comments

• joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    UK or US? I saw the Deathstroke set in John Lewis earlier in the week.
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    I'm in the U.S. TRU had the star wars sets early but no superheroes.
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Isn't everything officially out in a day and a half anyway?
    You won't be able to walk into a store and avoid seeing them next week
    Drmnez
    My Lego Store told me August for the new Superhero sets. The only one that came out in June was the Ant-Man set.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,559
    US and EU have different release schedules.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,261
    Ant-Man is out.  The in the ones are later this Summer.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    Got my ant-man set. Cool set, great mf
    novicebuilder101SumoLegochuckpAdeelZubairOmastar
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 137
    edited June 2015
    My Lego Store told me August for the new Superhero sets. The only one that came out in June was the Ant-Man set.
    Yeah the NY toy fair or whatever it was they revealed them at had listed them as August (the spiderman sets) but it looks like it might be June for Europe and August in the US. Sites reviewing them and I was even told June 1st at my TRU. I was expecting to order all 3 and add a little something to get the free Winter Soldier at the lego shop but only Ant-Man was available.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,261
    Anybody else confused by the 'Avengers Initiative' logo on the Winter Soldier polybag?
    edited June 2015
    Picked up the Ant-Man set at my local Lego store during my lunch break where they had a 1 per customer limit. US Lego [email protected] is already sold out until mid June. The set looks really cool.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I picked up the Helicarrier this morning as soon as the lego store opened. Got the Winter Soldier polybag too which was awesome. I reallye wanted ant man set but couldn't justify spending any more money. After reading about how fast the Ant Man set was selling out I rushed back to the Lego store after I got off work and before they closed and picked up one of the last 3 they had. WHen I left there was only one set left. Ended up buying a few more sets to reach 75 and get another polybag. 
    Drmnez
    If I actually collected multiple sets I would have bought more antman sets. Totally worth $20.
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    edited June 2015
    I think the Initiative thing is a reference to Capt America 3- which I would say is a good indication that we are going to get sets from that film 

In case anybody isn't familiar the Initiative is the name of the government program that theoretically pulls all of the American superheroes under their control
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    l don't usually buy the superhero sets but l might pick up an ant man. it looks neat
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    Love the Ant-Man set. Three super hero minifigs and an interesting vehicle build for just $20? It's a must have. I also picked up the quinjet, pretty much just for the figs. Not as great a deal. Had to pick up the Winter Soldier though.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Update on the Ant-Man set:

"The suppliers have confirmed a current ship date to all retailers as 24th June, 2016." - Forbidden Planet

https://forbiddenplanet.com/142336-marvel-lego-superheroes-marvels-ant-man/
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,348
    @Adzbadboy - Just as an FYI forbidden planet are notorious for listing 'confirmed shipping dates' that they don't honour - Funko POP Vinyls are one of the worst things for it which is crazy because they are part of the company that manages the UK imports for them.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Adzbadboy said:

"The suppliers have confirmed a current ship date to all retailers as 24th June, 2016." - Forbidden Planet

2016 ?
    RomanticWarrior
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Mojoest said:
    Adzbadboy said:

2016 ?
    ^LOL I never noticed that! I highly doubt LEGO would release it next year.
    Mojoest
  • Vance2Vance2 Member Posts: 15
    So the Ant Man set is definitely delayed in stores other than official Lego stores? My local Wal-Mart had an empty spot for them and TRU hadn't received them yet.
    Thanks in advance for the clarification.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 137
    Vance2 said:
    So the Ant Man set is definitely delayed in stores other than official Lego stores? My local Wal-Mart had an empty spot for them and TRU hadn't received them yet.
    Thanks in advance for the clarification.
    Delay is in the UK only from what I saw

• icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 506
    This is a really good MARVEL year. All the sets impress (with the exception of #76037)
    BTW does anyone know what the LEGO brick build is supposed to be in the ant man set? Whats with the white plate and the screws, is it supposed to look like something? Or is it simply a platform to catapult the screws?
    Its a screw launcher that is suppose to be "small antman size." Once you build it the is a yellow 2x1 plate and a red 1x1 stud that "show" you relative scale. Did that make sense or did I screw up the explanation?
    @Drmnez Yea I get the whole scale perspective, but just didn't get what the white plate is for. Is if solely there for functionality, like a base to hold the launcher together, or is the entire build supposed to resemble something else, like a key or something. 
    Drmnez
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    @yys4u I think the white plate is for stability. They used a white wedge plate to make it more subdued, but I think it's there as a balance so that using the catapult doesn't tip the whole contraption over. 
    Drmnezyys4uAdeelZubair
    edited June 2015
    ^exactly Btw it helps if you read the post completely before responding so you actually answer questions asked (slap forehead) doh!! My bad