Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Fake set or not !

BigHBigH Member Posts: 79
Hi, Looking for a thread  to I D a set recently purchased SW 7657, obviously on EBay!
Got a few concerns, grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Ideally, would like to see an original if any one is near Northwest uk with one to compare or help.
Thanks,
H

Comments

• CCCCCC Member Posts: 20,526
    Photos? Which parts make you concerned?
  • BigHBigH Member Posts: 79
    Will upload pics later today, but basically, the box seals are good but not straight.
    The background image on the box is matte, but all the images on top, ie, at-st, Lego and star wars Logo's etc are all glossy. And a 'Hong kong Lego label' stuck to the side!!'
    None of this was obvious when purchased. The seller is just claiming its a sell on, but I need to make a decision soon.
    Thanks for input.
    H

• CCCCCC Member Posts: 20,526
    Open it and check the contents. If fake, contact the seller.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp Member Posts: 1,021
    I'd just send it back if i wasn't sure.

I wouldn't open a sealed set to find its fake just to send it back to the seller.

• paul_mertonpaul_merton Member Posts: 2,967
    ^ Why not? Nothing to lose by opening it if it is fake.
    andhe
    Didn't really want to open it, but will see if I can get any more on the phone from seller.
    At the moment it's not opening it that is the issue, it's the glossy images over matte background, and the Hong Kong Lego sticker that's troubling me.
    I still reckon if I saw it next to someone else's, I would have the answer immediately.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 Member Posts: 11,454
    ^I doubt it is fake. That set hasn't been made since 2008. I have plenty of sets that have different colored boxes and printing. Why would someone fake this particular set?
    andhemadforLEGObobabricks
    Haven't worked that out yet! Good comment, I,m just not a fan of eBay, and I've never seen seals that are not straight either.
  • andheandhe Member Posts: 3,916
    It might not be fake, but if the seals are dodgy it's probably worth checking the contents are legit. ie not missing a bag or switched for something that rattles but isn't lego! If it is real, and you were planning on opening it anyway, then there's nothing lost in opening it surely?
  • princedravenprincedraven Member Posts: 3,764
    Post a few pictures here, pretty sure it will help people judge it for you.
    I will make a decision very soon and let any body know what I find.
    Thanks again for input guys.
    H
    Pics to follow.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton Member Posts: 2,967
    Just upload the pics! :)
    oldtodd33princedravenbobabricks
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,116
    BigH said:
    Haven't worked that out yet! Good comment, I,m just not a fan of eBay, and I've never seen seals that are not straight either.
    I've seen plenty of sets where the seals were crooked.  It did worry me but all ended up being fine.
    bobabricksdane
  • BooBooLandBooBooLand Member Posts: 11
    Yeah, I've seen plenty of sets with crooked seals too.  All purchased from LEGO store or shop.lego.com.