Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Reactions to Blocks Issue 8?

I was curious what folks thought about the latest issue of Blocks Magazine (Issue 8) as it's the first one that featured their new crop of contributors. Did people think there was a noticeable difference in the feel or look of the magazine?  Other than certain features related to a specific person like Huw's Views being absent I didn't see a noticeable difference but was curious what other people's reactions were. Thoughts?

Comments

• BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,408

Arthur said brightly: "Actually I quite liked it."

Ford turned and gaped. Here was an approach that had quite simply not occurred to him.

• PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 432
    "Oh yes," said Arthur, "I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was really particularly effective."

I liked it - maybe a bit pirate heavy, but then I like Pirates so no complaints here :) Still having trouble choosing between this and Bricks, so am going to carry on buying both for a month or two more...
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    I have to say... meh.

This must be the third or fourth issue to cover lighting things up, and why are eight pages given over to Arctic Sets, they're a year old now.

The pirate stuff was nice to look at, but the MOC articles seemed to repetitive, there needs to be some focus there or at least a better narrative in what they show each month, a theme if you will.

Overall the look is still nice, what is written is fine in terms of quality, but they are going have to work harder to keep the content fresh each month.

I have a years subscription so will give it the full twelve months before deciding whether to renew or not.