Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO at SDCC 2015

Comments

• Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Pretty quiet this year, certainly hoping for some more reveals in the next couple of days or I will chalk this up to a disappointing year for SDCC
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,341
    From what I can recall, there wasn't near as many early reveals as this year. I'd expect we'll learn a lot more early next week.
    Here's the box art of all the SDCC sets, courtesy of groovebricks.

Looks like there is an R2-D2 minifigure included with the X-Wing set.

Maybe it's just me, but the Ultron minifigure certainly seems to be a lighter tone of silver than the released versions. New minifigure?

LEGO SDCC 2015 Star Wars 1
    LEGO SDCC 2015 Star Wars 2
    LEGO SDCC 2015 Marvel 2
    LEGO SDCC 2015 Marvel 1
    LEGO SDCC 2015 DC 1
    LEGO SDCC 2015 DC 2
    MojoestGoldchains
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    Oh no please tell me R2 isn't  unique????
    No, I don't believe so...looks the same or at least very similar to sw527.

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    The Ultimate Ultron does look lighter, paricularly the head.  But that could just be lighting/box art.  The pattern doesn't appear to be disernably different.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,877
    I doubt any of the minifigures from the boxed sets will be unique. If any of them haven't been available outside of SDCC, they probably will be in the near future, same as the Rocket minifigure from Rocket's Warbird (which later appeared as a polybag).
    yys4u
    Phew!!
    DarthMorl said:
    Phew!!
    @DarthMorl - Bullet dodged! ;)
    Indeed :)
    @samiam391 pm sent ;)
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 314
    edited July 2015
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Is there any info or rumours on what the reveals are?
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,392
    I think Dr. Who is long over due for a reveal
    But looks like none of those are possible for a Dr. Who reveal.
    The Dc. Reveal is probably just the movie Bat Mobile, the Ninjago Reveal is likely something we have seen already with the Ghost theme, and Star Wars cant be anything that gives spoilers on the new  movie.
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    I imagine the Dr Who launch will be its own event, complete with several Dr Who's and a lot of mainstream press. This is BBC we are talking about after all!
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Are they still supposed to announce more minifigs? There was one per day last year.
    Ayliffe said:
    Thank you very much!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,956
    edited July 2015
    dannyrww said:
    The Dc. Reveal is probably just the movie Bat Mobile, the Ninjago Reveal is likely something we have seen already with the Ghost theme, and Star Wars cant be anything that gives spoilers on the new  movie.

My predictions:
    DC is the new Batmobile
    Ninjago is the exclusive Temple of Airjitsu
    Star Wars is the Stormtrooper contraction model

Both the Batmobile and Stormtrooper were said to be on display.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 566
    The Ninjago reveal could the exclusive Airjitzu Temple, isn't it supposed to come out in August?
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    Are they still supposed to announce more minifigs? There was one per day last year.

They might just keep it to those two.  If we don't find out anything more by this evening, I will guess there are only two.  Buuuut, they have announced it super late before like day before, but I'm gonna guess no. We'll see.  Just a guess. :/
    Hope not, my poor wallet is fed up of mini figs
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Come on SDCC, my son has already come to terms that he would be eating every second day.  Lay on the exclusives, nice and thick.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    To get me in the mood I've just bought a 2012 Jean Grey from BL. whoops!  ;)
    VorpalRyu
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Do you guys think that is it for the San Diego Comic Con exlusives for this year, now that it's only a few days away?

Any news on Wall • E and the Doctor Who set being revealed at Comic Con?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    I've seen stuff on social media to suggest that Capaldi will be there with at the very least a link to Dimensions, but DW does seem like a logical thing to reveal at CC
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    Based on that Lego tweet, there should be one more minifig.
    In the past, LEGO never released much comic con information until the week or start of comic con. They've been a lot more open this year. With all that in mind, I would say we definitely have one more exclusive yet to be announced.

edited July 2015

The last giveaway isn't a minifigure at all, it's a Bionicle Scorpio mask. I'm not excited, but my wallet is happy. 
    BrickDancerbobabricks
    edited July 2015
    Aha!  This is what happens, all that complaining in the past about exclusives.  This is what you get, a limited amount.  Ha ha!

Oh well, more money to spend on other things.  Truly disappointed in the selection of exclusive mini-figs and the amount.

Shame on you Lego!

PS - What is a Bionicle anyways?  Something found attached to the underneath of a boat?
    Goldchains
    Gooker1 said:
    Well, I was right about there being one more exclusive... But I'm not exactly glad I was right....
    I was hoping for a SW figure or something, not for me, but to reduce the interest in the SH ones a little  :p

Funny though. I found my self thinking 'a green mask!? Its just a bit of plastic! who would pay anything for that?' ........... oh yeah  :p
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    edited July 2015
    Bionicle helped keep Lego afloat amidst the prospects of bankruptcy.

Not quite a barnacle.

(I don't collect them, but I certainly appreciate their popularity.)
    Well, that's a lovely mask. Probably doesn't offer as much nostalgic value as the transparent Tahu and Gali masks released previously, but it's still a cool mask in a cool color.

I don't figure I'll be going out of my way to get one (though if the disinterest I've seen here is any reflection of the aftermarket demand, I might be able to score one online for cheap), but it's always great to see Bionicle being promoted at an event like this alongside licensed themes like Star Wars and Super Heroes. Especially considering that Bionicle is the theme that saved the LEGO Group when their reliance on licensed themes nearly forced the company into bankruptcy in 2003. (ohhhh snap)

For all y'all who were hoping for more minifigures, there's always the possibility there'll be some more at New York Comic Con in October.
  • husky96husky96 Member Posts: 46
    Agreed with everyone else. Big FAIL for most fans. Looks like I'll be going for the morning raffles and Capt America and Arsenal.
    SumoLego
    Do Lego normally do exclusive minifigs at the NYCC?
    the SDCC are well accounted for on here but I have not seen much in any threads about the NYCC
    I think NYCC has been quiet on the exclusive minifig front for the last couple of years but there have been some SH figs in the past (2011) as well as TMNT exclusives. Last years NYCC had some Bionicle Exclusive masks
    DarthMorl said:
    Do Lego normally do exclusive minifigs at the NYCC?
    the SDCC are well accounted for on here but I have not seen much in any threads about the NYCC
    Well, last year they devoted their entire presence at the event to Bionicle, and the year before that they didn't attend NYCC at all due to using their budget for that event on the life-size X-Wing Starfighter display at Times Square earlier in the year. But before that, yes, they did have exclusive figs for NYCC, such as the TMNT Shadow Leonardo and Kraang figs.
    So have they done any SH or SW ones in the past? 
    DarthMorl said:
    So have they done any SH or SW ones in the past? 
    2011- Green Lantern and Batman
    2012- Dark Leonardo and Kraang
    2013- No exclusives... same year as NY I <3 Yoda from X-Wing Times Square event
    2014- Bionicle Mask

2015- I'm starting to wonder if LEGO might release a few there this year considering their lack of a minifigure showing at SDCC.
    @samiam391 thanks as always!
    are green lantern and batman the same as from SDCC? 
    Im getting lost but I think they where just with different printed card? 
    DarthMorl said:
    @samiam391 thanks as always!
    are green lantern and batman the same as from SDCC? 
    Im getting lost but I think they where just with different printed card? 
    Yes, that's all correct. 
    Copies of the new ideas set "the Big Bang theory" were apparently give out last night at Wednesday preview night.
    pharmjod
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    Maybe whatever was anticipated for SDCC but didn't pan out is actually being saved for NYCC?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    Sdcc update. I went to the Lego booth and bought a copy of the early release Big Bang Theory and Scooby Doo Mystery Machine. I also bought the Carniege Shield Sky Attack and Joker Bumper Car poly not yet available in most U.S. markets. Those were sets that I would have bought on day 1. The rest can wait.

Today begins the raffles events. Sort of a slow day today at the convention, but Friday will be crazy for many trying to get into Hall H.
    MojoestPitfall69khmellymelAdeelZubairBanditsidersdd
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Scooby Doo? Ahhhh I need it nowwww
    Adzbadboy said:
    Vader is $30, Grievous is $35, and Obi-Wan is $25, but the rest are all just $20. I think it goes without saying that you pay more for a bigger figure. The prices aren't totally great by constraction standards (you'll get a better price per piece from a Bionicle set in most cases), but I think that's a combination of the Star Wars license and the specialized head molds driving up prices.