Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO at SDCC 2015

Comments

• husky96husky96 Member Posts: 46
    My kid and I enjoy the mini its and exclusive sets, so we are going to stand in the long lines  and hope for the best. We got lucky and got at least 1 of each figure and was able to trade our extras for the exclusive sets. I'm just curious if I can get in the Hasbro line, then hit the LEGO line the same morning.
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    If you end up with any spares @husky96 give me a shout :)
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,313
    edited June 2015
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,339
    DarthMorl said:
    Oh no!!! No no no.....no!!!
    so I thought I had done my research and had figured out that most of the SH exclusive minifigs came from the SDCC with the exception of Captain America and Iron Man from NYCC. But now I see Green Lantern was available from both!!!!
    That's incorrect.

Captain America and ironman came from the New York toy fair in 2012, held in February.

in 2011, green lantern and batman were available at both nycc and sdcc. The only difference between them is the packaging (cards).
    Are there other ones that were available at both? 
    As far as super hero minifigures, 2011 was the only year where they were at both.
    Thank you for your help Sam, I know I've asked this already somewhere but are all of the SH minifigs from SDCC exclusive or can they be found in other sets?
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Superman from NYCC can be found in a set, other than that none of them are found in other sets.

Rocket Racoon was in a limited numbered set release last year but he also came out in a poly release.

As far as I know, that is it.
    DarthMorl
    ^Thank you
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited June 2015
    @Gooker1 I posted links for them on Page 3 of this thread, towards the bottom half of the page.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    edited June 2015
    @Gooker1 I posted links for them on Page 3 of this thread, towards the bottom half of the page.
    Thanks!

Wow!  Mighty impressive!!   Are you a part of LUGOLA?
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    Does anyone know how many mf were available last year. I heard it was 1750 ea mf, but that doesn't sound right
  • husky96husky96 Member Posts: 46
    Will do @DarthMorl  We got really lucky last year and my wife, son, and I all won Bard's and an extra Batman Zur-en-rah and were able to take our extras and trade for 2 of the box sets and an extra unikitty. I'm planning to take an extra Jek-14 SDCC set from 2013 as trade bait if I'm unsuccessful with the set raffle or MF giveaway. 
    DarthMorl
    @Gooker1 Thanks! And no I'm not part of the LA Lug. Just a lonely collector so far. I want to make it to a Brick Convention, but haven't seen any in these parts.
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you @husky96
    @Gooker1 Thanks! And no I'm not part of the LA Lug. Just a lonely collector so far. I want to make it to a Brick Convention, but haven't seen any in these parts.
    Man, you missed out on Bricks LA last month.  it was a lot of fun.  Organized by some members of LUGOLA.  Doing it again in January.  Definitely geared for the AFOL and casual fans.  

You should join up!
    I definitely will check it out, is there a page for LUGOLA?

As for the count last year, here's an old article I dug up that includes the Lego announcement and says it was indeed 1,750:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/lego-reveals-sdcc-2014-exclusive-batman-of-zur-en-arrh-minifigure/

Drmnez
    Just a yahoo users group.  Doesn't cost anything to join at all.  
  • hechenbhechenb United StatesMember Posts: 32
    samiam391 said:
    ^God those two fellas look great, don't they? I yearn for those two to reach my mail box one day. It may still happen, but would require some sort of lightning stroke of great luck like the Lottery or super job promotion.

At 125 each, they are only just a smidge more rare than the SDCC Green Arrow which was 150 made. Followed by 2011 NYCC Superman and 2013 SDCC Black-suit Superman were both 200 made. But it's crazy how high the NYTF ones have gone up to when compared to Green Arrow at $600.

Hm... your numbers are a bit off.

200 for Superman 2011, 225 for Green Arrow, 225 for Black Superman.

Also in BIN/BO Green Arrow goes for a bit more.

On 2012 NYTF- They are certainly more difficult to get a hold of these days. I used to be able to acquire a couple sets here and there... but now I only have one waiting in the wings for me.
    I am also SW exclusive collector... now I am still waiting the small Yoda loves NYC NYTF box... Haven't seen for at least 2 years... Do you still remember the prices on ebay for the ones sold years ago? (So that I can look into my bank account again and prepare when it pops up...)
    hechenb said:
    samiam391 said:
    ^God those two fellas look great, don't they? I yearn for those two to reach my mail box one day. It may still happen, but would require some sort of lightning stroke of great luck like the Lottery or super job promotion.

At 125 each, they are only just a smidge more rare than the SDCC Green Arrow which was 150 made. Followed by 2011 NYCC Superman and 2013 SDCC Black-suit Superman were both 200 made. But it's crazy how high the NYTF ones have gone up to when compared to Green Arrow at $600.

On 2012 NYTF- They are certainly more difficult to get a hold of these days. I used to be able to acquire a couple sets here and there... but now I only have one waiting in the wings for me.
    I am also SW exclusive collector... now I am still waiting the small Yoda loves NYC NYTF box... Haven't seen for at least 2 years... Do you still remember the prices on ebay for the ones sold years ago? (So that I can look into my bank account again and prepare when it pops up...)
    Seems like there is nobody would like to sell one of them after the event... Looks like it will be a picture in my computer forever...
    hechenb said:
    samiam391 said:

Not very much. The exact same figure was released at the X-Wing event in 2013 (the year there weren't really any LEGO exclusives at NYCC). 

I think the last ones that were on eBay were going for about $750. I say "Not very much", because I'm comparing it to other items limited to 125 units... but still, a fair chunk of change.
    samiam391 said:
    hechenb said:
    samiam391 said:

Not very much. The exact same figure was released at the X-Wing event in 2013 (the year there weren't really any LEGO exclusives at NYCC). 

I think the last ones that were on eBay were going for about $750. I say "Not very much", because I'm comparing it to other items limited to 125 units... but still, a fair chunk of change.
    I actually went to the Time Square event, and get one xwing and Yoda figure (actually at the end of the event there are plenty of them left, should buy one more...) What I heard is that the budget of NYCC had all been spent on TS event, so they were actually not there? (I don't know if I remember it correctly)

For Yoda, toy fair one is a little bit different from TS one, I suppose the hair color is the difference. Hopefully, there will be some NYTF yoda box pop up on ebay and wish my wallet is prepared. 

One more question, what kind of people will be invited to the Toy Fair and get those LEGO exclusives? (Even you guys didn't get one?)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,142
    Farriers from Kentucky?
    ^^"Press". I had some, but I sold them. The hair color is different... gray vs white, but if you want just take one from the Time Square event and swap heads. The diorama was never really that interesting to me.

^Yes.

SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,142
    I'm eventually going to find a way to add attorneys from upstate New York...
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    This may be a dumb question, but will there be instructions published for the superman set?  I looked for the rocket raccoon set instructions in the brickset database and they weren't there. 
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    This may be a dumb question, but will there be instructions published for the superman set?  I looked for the rocket raccoon set instructions in the brickset database and they weren't there. 
    No, Lego keeps them off the archive server to increase the collectibility factor.   However usually someone will recreate the set in LDD or LDRAW. And from there you can get build instructions.   I've done some in the past and you can find them on www.constructibles.net.    You can download the instructions for free.   Not sure if we will continue though due to the use of non-production parts this year. 
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496
    I'd really like to build myself the micro Sandcrawler and the Superman vignette (with a red car, I suppose). I do hope instructions for them become available somewhere!
    @Rainstorm26 I had to resort to youtube videos of someone slowly flipping the instruction pages for the SDCC Batmobile. And for some others, there will be pictures taken of the instruction pages that you can google search for.
    Does anyone know how many of these SH exclusive box sets have('14)/will ('15) be released?
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    @Rainstorm26 I had to resort to youtube videos of someone slowly flipping the instruction pages for the SDCC Batmobile. And for some others, there will be pictures taken of the instruction pages that you can google search for.

Did that happen to be BrickTsar?
    Drmnez said:
    Does anyone know how many of these SH exclusive box sets have('14)/will ('15) be released?
    14'- 1,000 units.

15'- Not available yet. However, Celebration VII had the mini set limited to 1,375. I think it would be safe to speculate the same numbers at SDCC.
    Drmnez
    Thanks sam
    It's 1,000 for each SDCC this year, 250 per day.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    sklamb said:
    I'd really like to build myself the micro Sandcrawler and the Superman vignette (with a red car, I suppose). I do hope instructions for them become available somewhere!
    We just finished the reproduction instructions for Tatooine with the mini Sandcrawler.  You can download them for free here.
    BrickDancerGoldchainsSumoLegoKevin_Hyattsklamb
    @DadsAFOL, I noticed you have TRU builds up there, after the Ninjago builds? Btw, the SWC7 Star Destroyer instructions are currently bringing up a 404 error.
    xiahna
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    I am yet to open either the batmobile or the warbird from last year, they stack well though!
    What are the chances you have #150 of the Warbird? :)
    I'm sure I have answered this before..... I will however double check, pretty sure its a lame random number
    @Gooker1 not me, that for sure... No.386 lol
    xiahna
    Geddes said:
    I'm sure I have answered this before..... I will however double check, pretty sure its a lame random number
    Thanks for humoring me.  I probably did ask last year. :/  Thanks for checking too Ryu!
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,877
    I reported on SDCC LEGO panels and events for BZPower if anyone's interested.

Glad to see there's a Ninjago panel! This will take place after the current season of the show concludes, so there's probably a better chance of sneak peeks of the next season of the show than there was last year. We did get a few hints at last year's panel, but they had to be fairly minor to avoid spoiling the conclusion of the then-current season (which hadn't finished airing in the US). I also hope we get to see some cool concept art and maybe even prototypes of some of this year's sets.

Other than that, the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes panel on Sunday seems to be the only one featuring actual LEGO Group designers, but there are some other panels focusing on the video games, animations, and fan community.

Haven't seen any more word about what the LEGO Group's booth will be like. It'll be cool if they have some costumed characters for photo ops like they've had some previous years. I always get a kick out of those, be it at a convention or a LEGOLAND park.
    @Gooker1 - I've never forgotten your #150 ever since you mentioned it last year. I always do a scan of newly listed SDCC sets to see if we would get lucky.

By sheer coincidence, here's the Micro Bag End with #150 that I found today:

www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-SDCC-2013-EX-HOBBIT-MICRO-SCALE-BAG-END-MINMSB-0150-1000-1-BROKEN-SEAL-/141705423037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fe4d28bd
    Hahaha.  That's too funny.  I appreciate that look, just need it for the 2014 SDCC one.  :/

You will be handsomely rewarded if you come across one.  I check about once a month on eBay too. 

I will be scouring the vendors next week to see if anyone is sitting on it. LOL
    I just hope it is out there, still sealed.... be gutted for you if someone has it and opened it!
    None of my exclusives are No.150, so all good here & yes all have been freed of their prisons... :)
    xiahna
    edited June 2015
    Hahaha.  Not gutted, but definitely bummed.  

Lego needs to hurry up and release the next minifig exclusive!
    That looks great and the price sounds good too, not even knowing who the other 2 figs are.
    SumoLego
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    my money would be on Superman for one and a big part of me is hoping for Robin as all indication is that the Robin featured in the film will be the Carrie Kelley version