Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] Target: 50% off or more on select polybags

2»

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ I think our region is lagging behind the discount staging. $1.19 pricing just started on Sunday as far as I know, while other had been reporting it for nearly a week. I'll be stopping by a few Targets later tonight and let you know if what I find, and I expect you'll do the same :)
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I picked up all the remaining Helicopter polybags, and the Star Wars polybags.
    My class is REALLY going to behave now as Legos are the monthly prize for November for good behavior because of this deal!!
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    I totally set aside 30 to give to a friend teacher of mine too. Perfect little handouts.
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    ^^^rocao, the problem is we have already cleaned them out so well! There likely won't be much to find. hehe
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 496
    Does anybody have

The AAT set 30052 and Droid fighter set 30055 available for trade.

I am uk based.

I have the Star Wars Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser (set 30053) as a possible trade plus others.

Message me if you have a possible trade interested in 2 off each.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    Went to another Northern Indiana Target today. The good news was that Atlantis, Fire Helicopter, Ninjago Glider, and Cruiser were all $0.39! I would have liked to have found more of the SW Cruisers, but at least I got three. I purchased 25 bags and then returned 12 for the ones that I had bought yesterday at $1.19. I ended up paying less for 25 than for the 12 yesterday. The bad news was that the Kingdom Target practice had been put out for Christmas and was $3.49. I bought one at least in case they sell out. I will be sure to check after Christmas though for discounts! For those interested the HP Lab was there to for Christmas and was $3.99. This Target still had Atlantis, Helicopters, and Gliders when I left this afternoon. I was wondering if this was some kind of price mistake. Did someone forget the last 9?
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited November 2011
    The sale is tied to the Halloween clearance. The clearance on all Halloween items just went to 90%, and then the price dropped to $0.39, so all of those must be tied to the AAT 30052. The HP Lab and Target Practice are for Christmas at my Targets and are just being put out, so are at regular price.
    But keep in mind that the sale will probably last only a couple more days before the Halloween stuff is just pulled.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    Three local targets in NC had polybags for $0.39, though mostly atlantis subs and a few city helicopters.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    I picked up 2 Atlantis Subs and 2 Fire Helicopters for $0.39 today. They had also put out the Target Practice and HP Lab with the Christmas stuff. There were ALOT of Labs but only 2 Target Practice. So I picked up 2 Labs and 1 Practice as I already have one.
  • doodlebirddoodlebird Austin. Texas. Member Posts: 88
    ^i was tempted to clear them out, but i had already bought some when they were $1.99. then more when they were $1.19... and even more at $0.39. i left some at each of the two stores i visited so that others could share in the 90% off joy. it was fun looking at the receipt that said "you saved $151.20 today"... and i had only spent about $17. :)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    Think about donating them to a holiday gift drive, if you have the extra cash.

I'm going to. I just scored 54 ninjago gliders for $22.00 (thats with tax)! For those that are willing, this is an awesome way to donate a toy kids actually like :) Sorry, my Holiday spirit is in full swing after this score :)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    The stores around here are all out now, they have been cleaned out because of all these postings. :)

I guess if Target wanted to give these away, they succeeded...
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited November 2011
    ^ These posts played a part, and it's good to hear that Brickset members were able to take advantage of the deals, but the deals also found their way to larger non-LEGO specific deal websites, and once it hits those, it's essentially apocalypse for the deal.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    I had a feeling. 11/7, there were plenty left after I bought a dozen. Next day, all 3 stores nearby were completely wiped out.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,205
    This is doubly great news in that we will soon get new pollies at our checkout lanes! :o)
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 36
    Were you guys still finding them in the checkout lanes? I didn't even see the price stickers on the peg.
    Well...

I must admit I played a part... I decided after reading all the posts here to make an effort to collect them yesterday, ended up with just over 1,000 of them... Took me about 4 hours of driving from store to store, ended up going to 11 stores to get them all.

I'll post a picture of the pile later.. Nothing quite like getting 30,000+ Lego parts for $400. :)

Of course, there are so many duplicates as to be almost absurd, only 4 sets, Ninjago, City, Star Wars, and Atlantis, but at 39 cents each, who cares?

I now have goodie bags finished for all three of my kid's birthdays for the next 10 years! :)

Toys for Tots will also get 10% of them for Christmas, and I'll sell a few of them to get back my $400, but otherwise every kid my kid knows is getting one! :) Probably a hundred or so will get opened up and put into my pile of Lego parts! :)

Note: I'm sure it seems like hording or not being very nice to take them all, but consider that the last 3 stores I went to were cleaned out, the last one I talked to the store manager and he said someone came in about 30 minutes before and bought them all, almost 200 of them. Someone else was going around and cleaning house, so if I hadn't done it, someone else would have gotten them within an hour or two of my doing it. I was just lucky, that's all.

At 39 cents a polybag, what would Target expect? ;)

Note 2: at one of the middle stores, the cashier called the manager over when she passed 100 and asked him if I could buy them all, he said sure, I was welcome to. So they did know about it at that store at least.

But I do understand that not everyone will agree with it.
    @tommyboa - no, the manager at the last store I went to said that Tuesday was the last day, they were being returned on Wednesday and the lower price was just to get rid of them, which is why he didn't mind someone buying them all at once. Saved him the staff hours to box them up and ship them back.
  • vanhanvanhan Member Posts: 31
    I was in a target yesterday and notice they had poly bags at the check out counter. My Target finally got the Star Wars Attack Cruiser, but they are price at the regular 3.99. Still picked up a few.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    i saw this too last night... got all excited at first thinking I hit the jackpot with 39 cent polybags, only to find out they were regular price again. This isn't the first time we've seen this with Target, though. In the summer, when folks were reporting finding Harry Potter and PotC sets at 50+ percent off, and a month after clearing them out, the same sets are back on the shelf at full price.