Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

First time ever in a "bricks & mortar" Lego store....

gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 247
edited November 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Last weekend stopped off at Milton Keynes (on way back from Sheffield) and popped into the Lego store - never visited a real store before. Well when I say "popped" I mean I spent about 90 mins in there dribbling over all the lovely exclusive sets and generally embarrassing my family by my enthusiasm for all things in that store. Initially my wife agreed that the Lego towels were nice (the kids swim regularly), so purchased 2 of those along with a Halloween polybag set.
After further loitering and showing my wife some of the built models, I came away with the VW Camper, the Winter Toy Shop and a few minfigs (we all built our own).

The bonus is that I got double VIP points and 2 free exclusive xmas sets........Also dropped some hints on what would make a good xmas pressie for me.....we shall see!

Defo will be visiting Lego stores again, as you can't beat the hands on experience!

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,101
    LEGO stores are great.. the nearest one to be is about 40 minute.. the way I drive about 30 but I am kinda glad it is so far away or I would be broke.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    There is a Lego store only 6 miles from me, so I am in there once a month if not 2.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    about 3 miles from work, 15 from home. I'm in there 3-5 times per week
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    hahah @gold682, I was the same the first time! Like a kid!

That was the lego store in Westfield center London, I spent so much time ;)
    Since I have been back to this one and visited the Copenhaguen, Munchen and New York Manahattan ones thanks to my travels...I wish we had one in Sweden...
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    Waaa, Stop rubbing it in... :(