Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Height of set 10227 - UCS B-Wing

cheekymunk3ycheekymunk3y Manchester, UKMember Posts: 108
Hey,

Just trying to work out whether this model will fit in my display stand.  The Death Star is a couple of cm too high and just wondered whether this is bigger or smaller than it?

The lego website states that it "Measures 26” (66cm) wide and 15” (38cm) high in flight configuration, and 17” (43cm) high on display stand.

I thought flight configuration would make it much taller than when it is angled on the display stand?

Does anyone have one built and able to do a comparison with the Death Star? or able to measure from bottom to top with a measure tape?

I'd be grateful for any help :smile: 

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,389
    Based on the box pictures those dimensions seem reasonable. You lose some of the height through the first part of the turn and it looks like the stand doesn't hold it very high.

My husband got one today for his birthday. If he builds it anytime soon I'll measure it and let you know. I doubt he will though.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    I'll be able to tell you later tonight, but I'm wagering someone will have answered it before then.
  • cheekymunk3ycheekymunk3y Manchester, UKMember Posts: 108
    Thanks for the responses. The imperial shuttle and slave 1 are taking up the only spots outside the display case that I have for a big model (unless I can persuade my flatmate to let me start moving into the lounge). So might be a deal breaker.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,157
    When you angle it on the display stand, it ends up being a higher height because the wing from the fuselage to the tip is longer than than the cockpit from the fuselage to the top of it (if that makes sense).

I'm doing this from memory, but I feel like the B-Wing sits a little higher than the Death Star when on the display stand, and it is definitely wider.
    cheekymunk3y
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    I've just had a quick measure. 16 inches tall when sat on the stand, and about 23 inches wide. Hope that helps!
    cheekymunk3y
  • cheekymunk3ycheekymunk3y Manchester, UKMember Posts: 108
    Thanks guys, might need to start looking for a display case with more height between shelves!