Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New white boba fett

13»

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    Gibbo1959 said:
    @Pitfall69 Can I just say that link took me down a very deep rabbit hole and wasted most of the extra hour I'd come in to the office for email catch up! Funny though!
    That's why I posted it. I figured that everyone should be afforded the opportunity to waste precious time just like we did during the Great White Rangefinder War of 2015.
    Gibbo1959BumblepantsSumoLegogmonkey76Baby_YodaVorpalRyu
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,510
    Pitfall69 said:
    Gibbo1959 said:
    @Pitfall69 Can I just say that link took me down a very deep rabbit hole and wasted most of the extra hour I'd come in to the office for email catch up! Funny though!
    That's why I posted it. I figured that everyone should be afforded the opportunity to waste precious time just like we did during the Great White Rangefinder War of 2015.
    Someone needs to dig up the McCutchen Helicarrier thread too. I tried but wasn't able to on mobile.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    Baby_Yoda said:
    ^^ What was it like living in the Great Rangefinder War of '015, Papa Pitfall?
    It was a dark time...before the Meme Rebellion. 100's of Bricksetters cried out in terror that their rangfinders were not white and then a Trandoshan was suddenly silenced.
    560HeliportBumblepantsSwitchfoot55SumoLegogmonkey76Baby_YodaVorpalRyu
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 341
    How many Bothans died to bring you this information, @Pitfall69 ?
    SumoLegoBaby_YodaVorpalRyu
    None...just their souls. Bossk then betrayed and murdered our hope of ever finding a white rangefinder. 
    TyresOFlahertySumoLegoVorpalRyu
    None, just their souls. Bossk then betrayed and murdered our hope of ever finding a white rangefinder. 
    VorpalRyu
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 364
    Is there an echo in here?
    starwars4everSwitchfoot55Pitfall69SumoLegodavetheoxygenmanBaby_YodaVorpalRyusid3windrricecake
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,998
    Pitfall69 said:
    Gibbo1959 said:
    Someone needs to dig up the McCutchen Helicarrier thread too. I tried but wasn't able to on mobile.
    First let me convert your punctuation to McCutchen style ...

Someone needs to dig up the McCutchen Helicarrier thread too! I tried but wasn't able to on mobile!

Here one is! It is one of the better ones! Isn't it?!

(Warning! Spam!!!)

BumblepantsSprinkleOtterstluxSumoLegoAstrobricksgmonkey76HugeYellowBrickBaby_Yoda
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,510
    @CCC thanks! I was laughing so hard rereading all of that.
    SumoLego
    ^^^ Thanks - another 1/2 hour wasted.
    SumoLegoPitfall69Baby_Yoda
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 395
    I just read the Helicarrier thread (had forgotten about it completely) and it's better than anything on TV right now.
    SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,147
    edited July 2018
    CCC said:
    First let me convert your punctuation to McCutchen style ... 
    March Calendar!  March Calendar!

I am like-whoring the heck out of this discussion.  It's quality internet.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 798
    I just read both threads...I consider myself enlightened now.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,678
    I had no idea threads like that existed. I have to admit it's pretty hilarious! I wonder, was that user really 12 or was he just trolling everyone?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,307
    MrJackson said:
    I just read the Helicarrier thread (had forgotten about it completely) and it's better than anything on TV right now.
    And now I have the phrase “the moistness of spam” to savor :)

Baby_Yoda
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,137
    MrJackson said:
    And now I have the phrase “the moistness of spam” to savor :)

But at least you know how to post it. :)

Fun times.
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 72
    Reading those threads needs to be a right of passage or something to be on this forum.
    Baby_Yoda
    And yet who’d know it was all here under that innocuous thread title? It’s like some mysterious force drawing us in....
    Baby_Yoda
    edited July 2018
    I had no idea threads like that existed. I have to admit it's pretty hilarious! I wonder, was that user really 12 or was he just trolling everyone?
    There's lots of threads like that lurking around. Alot of them read like a title of a Big Bang Theory Episode: 

"Theseus' Lego paradox"

"Tigermoth flies too close to the flame on wings of cellophane"

"The socioeconomic ramifications of the Great Doodad War and its effects on Hungrystan"

...and most of these thread usually ends with an Imperialistic postmortem bludgeoning of an equine.

Bumblepantsgmonkey76FowlerBricksdavetheoxygenmanSumoLegoBaby_YodaVorpalRyupharmjod
    Pitfall69 said:

"Theseus' Lego paradox"

Trigger's Broom for Brits.

GothamConstructionCoSumoLegoAstrobricks
    ^That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! 
    SumoLego
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    We need a Hall of Fame of Threads here on Brickset to document the exploits of the likes of B0SSK and McCutchen.
    Umandraug said:
    Reading those threads needs to be a right of passage or something to be on this forum.
    No, the right of passage should be to read the UCS MF thread, thereby driving the weak-minded insane before they even have the chance to start posting.
    SumoLegoUmandraug
    We have had our share of verbal battles between Bricksetters. They were almost like Superman vs. Lex Luthor or Batman vs.The Joker. Those were entertaining. 

The UCS Imperial Shuttle Retirement Countdown was great.

Some forum members seemed to lose their $hit from time to time and just go on a tirade that eventually got then banned...like a switch was flipped.

Baby_Yoda
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 72
    No, the right of passage should be to read the UCS MF thread, thereby driving the weak-minded insane before they even have the chance to start posting.
    I remember reading that one as it unfolded... That’s quite the rabbit hole to send them down. Maybe that should be like the initiation for being treated like a veteran of the forum?
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 568
    When I used to be a regular on BZPower during BIONICLE's heyday, long-time members would often share ridiculous threads periodically to remind each other (and newbies, I suppose) of how weird and silly BZP could get. My personal favorite was a thread titled, "Secret Stomach Message". The author's post was the enigmatic, "Brakalatabaasata feed me", with some accompanying emoticons. Alas, the thread was locked and the member banned before any of us could decipher what he truly meant.

So sometimes, I miss being on an "all ages" forum. Because of posts like that. But nowadays, I'm grateful Brickset is the way it is with its age requirement. If that means less "secret stomach messages", then so be it. But clearly, this thread shows that some will always slip through the cracks!
    UmandraugBaby_Yoda
    "Brakalatabaasata"
    That has to be the 'word of the day'.
    Lego_Lord_MayorcaBaby_Yoda
    Pitfall69 said:
    That's what'll happen if you ever get @Legoboy; @Pitfall69; @SumoLego and @CCC in the same room.
    davetheoxygenmanomnium
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 568
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    That's what'll happen if you ever get @Legoboy; @Pitfall69; @SumoLego and @CCC in the same room.
    The Original [Brickset] Kings of Comedy.
    Pitfall69SumoLego
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    Or the 4 Horsemen of the Brickocalypse.
    Baby_YodaPitfall69SumoLegodatsunrobbiepharmjodAstrobricks
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    ^ The real plot of The Lego Movie 2.
    Gibbo1959Pitfall69SumoLego
    Meant four morons arguing over a broom, but sure!
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,786
    Dammit! I've read both of those threads only to realise near the end that I've read them before! And posted on the Helicarrier one... My mind is not what it was. Two years ago.
    Pitfall69
    edited August 2018
    It wasn't even the first time David Jason was involved in that joke either ...

(watch from 0:35)
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 485
    Could someone drop a link to the Helicarrier thread? I keep hearing it mentioned, but can't seem to find it.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,297
    ^ @CCC linked to at the top of this page, about eight posts down.

Anyone got a white Boba Fett they want to trade? I really don't need the DK book and I think I've missed the crazy discount deals window on it... even 'the works' wants £12.99 for it!
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 191
    Mr_Cross said:
    ^ @CCC linked to at the top of this page, about eight posts down.

Anyone got a white Boba Fett they want to trade? I really don't need the DK book and I think I've missed the crazy discount deals window on it... even 'the works' wants £12.99 for it!
    Trade it for a 10221 BNIB if you have one