Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New white boba fett

steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 187
Only just realised the newly updated star wars figures encyclopaedia was available today with the new white Boba Fett! Just picked mine up for £10! excited!

Apologies if this topic has already been discussed, I guess this is just a reminder for any1 who forgot.

Comments

• suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    Still waiting on mine from Amazon, hoping it turns up soon as I know the book is available in other shops.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    Got mine today :)
  • karmajaykarmajay NCMember Posts: 38
    I also received mine today!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    edited April 2015

let me get pics up of it...

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Nice.

SW Rebels are in it...
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Its a nice minifig, just wish the range-finder/scope was white too, like the concept art. That & they had included a blaster, cause I don't know of any white or light grey SW guns.

xiahna
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    Range finder does look a little odd in grey, think white would have been so much better. Had an email from Amazon saying order delayed till May 1st :(
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Thanks for the heads up, found it on ebay for £12.27 shipped.

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Pretty pimp figure. Now I wonder how long it will be until we get a huge influx of them on e-bay from unscrupulous people who steal them all out of the books at the stores?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    ^That drives me mad, especially when you see how cheap the books can be when they're put on special offers etc.
    VorpalRyuGoldchainsDrmnezandheMr_Cross
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I want the figure, but am not particularly interested in the book. And yet I'd feel like a scumbag for buying a copy, taking out the fig and reselling it on eBay...and I feel that buying a figure by itself off eBay/Bricklink is either going to be A.) stupidly expensive or B.) receiving stolen goods...
    And yet I'd feel like a scumbag for buying a copy, taking out the fig and reselling it on eBay...
    I just have to ask, why in the world would you feel like a scumbag for doing that? Unless I'm reading this wrong and you mean selling the book without the fig without specifying or something.
    cheshirecatbobabricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    If the previous books have been anything to go by, the figs will sell for about the value of the book. The books will need to be dumped or given away. I somehow doubt many people will pay postage costs for the book, let alone anything on top.

I ended up dumping a number of Batman, SW and HP ones in the past.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 656
    I bought several superheroes books and my local charity shop were very grateful for the books without the figure
    VorpalRyu
    vitreolum said:
    And yet I'd feel like a scumbag for buying a copy, taking out the fig and reselling it on eBay...
    I just have to ask, why in the world would you feel like a scumbag for doing that? Unless I'm reading this wrong and you mean selling the book without the fig without specifying or something.
    Scumbag is a little strong, perhaps, and I used it partly in jest. Obviously I don't mean without specifying that the fig is gone, but would feel somewhat like a scalper trying to recuperate the value by selling an incomplete item (either that, or no-one would buy a book that says "comes with exclusive figure" that doesn't come with an exclusive figure).

Either way, never mind (unless anyone on here is looking for the book and doesn't care about the fig...*sound of hopeful waiting*......*crickets*...No? didn't think so). :-P
    I always buy several and keep one and send the others to our business (without minifigures of course). The the adults love them as much as the kids. They don't last long, so that is why I buy several.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    I keep some of the books, but there can be a whole lot of them... I've donated them to my local library branch in the past.
    @plasmodium It's not scalping or anything, the same way you only want the fig, someone else might want the book. It's not like you're forcing someone to pay $500 for the book. :))
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    I will admit. I bought two. For the same kind of purpose.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 659
    Right now it's $13.40 for the book on Amazon and the minifigures alone are hovering around $20 on Amazon. I don't want the book, so maybe I'll just buy it on Amazon and donate the book.
    vitreolum said:
    @plasmodium It's not scalping or anything, the same way you only want the fig, someone else might want the book. It's not like you're forcing someone to pay $500 for the book. :))
    My fear is that no-one would want the book without the fig. :-P But like people have said, you can always donate it.
  • CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    The Book People have it listed for £4.99, though it's not yet in stock.
    Renegade007cjh
    And at some point, they'll have 20% off, so I'll get a few at £4 each.
    Pitfall69plasmodium
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    Naaah, it's nothing special to me. I got the book 10 days ago from wordery.com.  The figure is ok but to me just looks like some clone trooper.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,949
    I'm sure DK could care less about what anyone does with the books or the figures... as long as you buy three.
    CCC said:
    And at some point, they'll have 20% off, so I'll get a few at £4 each.
    I thought the Book People usually sold the 'library' editions of Lego books - ie, figless in the first place? If not, that sounds like the best option...For £5, I can stomach having I book I don't really care about. :-P
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Nope they cone with figures
    plasmodium
    ^^ Nope, always with figures. WHS and asda/tesco get a lot of the smaller cheap versions of the encylopedia that don't have figures. WHS does get the full versions too, but sell at RRP, and discount to RRP-£1 when the figure has been stolen.
    plasmodium
    The book is great !
    oh, one more thing, the rangefinder for boba fett in my book is white not grey.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    B0SSK said:
    oh, one more thing, the rangefinder for boba fett in my book is white not grey.
    Can you post a photo?
    DrmnezReesesPieceskiki180703
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 187
    WE NEED A PHOTO! this is a game changer 
    ReesesPieceskiki180703
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Both of mine were grey. White would def be better. 
    ^Wait a minute, where's your Celebration Luke without white pupils?
    Drmnezbobabrickskiki180703BumblepantsSprinkleOtter
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    Crap, you just reminded me that I still need that one
    Pitfall69Legoboybobabrickskiki180703SprinkleOtter
    Fantastic collection!!!
    Thanks! Just bought the missing Luke. Now it'll be complete once it comes in
    SumoLegokiki180703Pitfall69
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Nice collection @Drmnez ;
    Drmnezxiahnakiki180703
    Hahahahaha. I didn't mean for you to do that. That's great!!!
    We are still waiting for a pic of the white rangefinder @B0SSK ...
    VorpalRyukiki180703Bumblepants
    ;vorpalryu thanks!
    @pitfall69 ;Its ok. If there is the white boba with a white rangefinder ill be getting one of those too.
    Pitfall69VorpalRyuSumoLegokiki180703
    @Drmnez - count me as skeptical regarding the white rangefinder.

You should start a SW keychain collection. I need someone to suffer with me...
    Pitfall69VorpalRyukiki180703SprinkleOtter
    I doubt the white range finder is real, but if it does come out I'll be getting it.

I can't do SW key chains cuz I'm stuck doing SH key chains and torch light key chains
    Pitfall69VorpalRyuSumoLegojohnhenzkiki180703
    There's also a ridiculous white Boba Fett exclusive keychain that would give you nightmares.

With no real way to verify it's authenticity...
    VorpalRyukiki180703
    Superhero?

That's easy! Only the first round of Spider-man keychains are hard to find.
    VorpalRyukiki180703SprinkleOtter
    Agreed super heroes key chains r easy to collect, but when saving for sdcc exclusives and freakin limited edition bat-pod giveaways every cent counts
    VorpalRyuSumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    SumoLego said:
    There's also a ridiculous white Boba Fett exclusive keychain that would give you nightmares.

With no real way to verify it's authenticity...
    @SumoLego - Do you have the white Boba Fett exclusive keychain?

You're right, there is really no way to verify its authenticity unfortunately. Might as well just make your own!
    SumoLegokiki180703
    edited May 2015
    I got one anyway. It does appear to be real. I'm too lazy to fabricate one...

I don't suppose customer service will be able to help me... but I'll ask!
    Drmnezkiki180703
    @Drmnez - Ah, yes. I'm probably going to end up Shinkai'ing that one.

I don't have much left to trade for something that exclusive!