Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Fire Brigade 10197 - $200 (Incomplete)

adamintxadamintx Member Posts: 21
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tag/4998334788.html

This set is incomplete. Pieces are missing. It comes with the instructions and original box and minifigures. All of the parts are at my house somewhere mixed in with the other sets and pieces. I'll keep hunting for pieces until a buyer arrives. If you buy the item I'll let you send me a list of what pieces are missing at your convenience and I'll make my kids dig through everything to find them.

This set is retired and was originally $149. Complete it goes for $250 - $300 and up. I think it is still a good deal but make me an offer if you must. Fastest person to get me cash and pick it up will take it home.

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    How incomplete is incomplete?
    TXLegoguy
  • adamintxadamintx Member Posts: 21
    Look at the photos on craigslist.  I'm still hunting down pieces. 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Ok, I could do that, but as a potential buyer, I don't want to have to do that.  As friendly advice, you may consider looking at the inventory and figure out exactly what pieces you are missing.  I am detaching, thanks and good luck :)
    bobabricksTXLegoguy
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,057
    @adamintx - Please respond to my PMs or my e-mails, please.
    @adamintx - Please respond to my PMs or my e-mails.  It has,been 30 days since payment.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Open a case.

30 days is totally unacceptable. 
    edited May 2015
    ^ Although I was hoping to avoid that, I have already with PayPal.  

Sometimes an offer is too good to be true.  It's been a very disappointing experience.  (First bad one despite many recent transactions - and this is why I normally insist on trading rather than paying cash.  We'll see how this shakes out.  I do hold out hope that perhaps @adamintx will follow through on his end of the transaction.)
    FollowsCloselyPitfall69Thanos75Goldchains
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^It's much better that you went the cash PayPal route than a trade. At least now you can get your funds back with a push of some buttons.

Imagine if you did a trade instead and sent your sets already but didn't get anything back. You would be SOL with nowhere to run to for a complaint or reparation. That happened here before with MrTonyJ from down under, plus another member but I forget who.
    FollowsClosely
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    I wouldn't declare him a bandit yet. I made an amazing deal with him last month and I understand 30 days is way too much but he was going through some personal issues. If @SumoLego has any questions you can PM because I just do not want to put his personal information on display for everyone to see. This is no excuse but it may help in your dilemma. Like I said he was very good wit shipping once I paid. Just trying to help
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,259
    ^It's much better that you went the cash PayPal route than a trade. At least now you can get your funds back with a push of some buttons.

Imagine if you did a trade instead and sent your sets already but didn't get anything back. You would be SOL with nowhere to run to for a complaint or reparation. That happened here before with MrTonyJ from down under, plus another member but I forget who.
    Wasn't a brickset member, but it may have been me (on the receiving end).

Shipped my item, and received a rock in return. Just like that, I was out $800 and could do nothing about it. The person who sent me the rock even had the audacity to continue writing me messages, bragging about how he got away with it. 

It takes all kinds....
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^The other was, it was simply @Brian

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/9460/rogue-traders/p1

Is the 'rocker' still around here? That's just a horrible story to hear Sam, I'm sorry it happened to you. Especially for so much value too. Was it a Toyfair or Mr. Gold?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,381
    We all understand personal issues. During a recent trade with @SumoLego , I hurt my foot pretty bad and told him it was going to take a few more days to ship his items. Here's the thing, I kept in constant contact with him throughout the entire process. There's no excuse for lack of correspondence, unless of course, you are dead or in a comma. Creditors don't care if you are hurt, getting a divorce or losing your house; they want their money or at the very least some correspondence saying you are going to attempt to pay. Should we be any different? I am a very understanding person and I realize people go through hard times, but 30 days is ridiculous. 
    hewmanSumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,381
    @BrickDancer , I forgot about the Rouge Trader thread. 
    SumoLego

I am hopeful that this is just an oversight and things can be corrected.  There is a point at which frustration will settle in and I'll try to resolve it as best as I can.

I hadn't planned on publishing the problem just yet, but he hasn't been online recently and I let a bit of my frustration slip. 

^ I should mention that I broke @Pitfall69's foot for not shipping quick enough.

(Just kidding!  It was because his Biker Bob and my Biker Bob got into a turf war over a redhead.)
    Pitfall69chuckp
    Quick update for anyone interested - @adamintx 's ex-wife did send me the Fire Brigade and a Flower Cart as originally agreed.  

I will still be posting negative feedback, and I strongly urge against dealing with this guy in the future.  As of today he still has not responded to my numerous inquiries.

I am very thankful that this eventually worked out.  

@CapnRex101 - Please close this topic.

oldtodd33TXLegoguyPitfall69SuperTramp
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.