Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,653
    Curse you LEGO, due to this delay in notifications going on I have to keep checking my junk mail folder in my yahoo account (as many do not always get to my email client on my PC) :wink: 
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited September 2015
    Curse you LEGO, due to this delay in notifications going on I have to keep checking my junk mail folder in my yahoo account (as many do not always get to my email client on my PC) :wink: 
    Lol I stopped doing it a week ago because I thought all was lost. Thankfully it came through in my regular inbox or I might have missed it... (crossing my fingers for @SumoLego)
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,146
    I appreciate the kind thoughts.  I have reserved myself to being #50 on the list of for the 49 extra Bat-Pods...
    Goldchains
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    You all need to stop giving me false hope. The IndyCar Championship crushed my hopes enough for one year this past Sunday.

Plus I need to stop checking my e-mail so often, it drains my phone's battery.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    ^  Perhaps we should start a support group.
    SithLord196kiki180703chuckp
    Not a bad idea. Considering I'm an Eagles fan as well, the crushing disappointments will most likely keep coming for me this year.
    graphitekiki180703chuckp
    (Try being a Buffalo Bills and Toronto Blue Jays fan.  I always have plenty of free time in August and January.

Although this year, we'll be experiencing all sorts of high expectations and probably much more crushing disappointment.)
    MrJ_NY
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,436
    Not a bad idea. Considering I'm an Eagles fan as well, the crushing disappointments will most likely keep coming for me this year.
    You will always have the Washington DC Ethnic Slurs to be way worse than your team. So there is that.
    Ronyar
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Don't get too down on yourselves, Lions fan here! (though they have been doing fairly well recently)
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2015
    SumoLego said:
    (Try being a Buffalo Bills and Toronto Blue Jays fan.  I always have plenty of free time in August and January.

Although this year, we'll be experiencing all sorts of high expectations and probably much more crushing disappointment.)
    We're big Blue Jays fans in our house this year. Basically we've gotten to know David Price's folks over the past 8-10 years and they're great people. Since I can't seem to ever pick a winner in MLB (typically any American League team that doesn't have the word "Yankees" in the name), I basically root for whatever team David's playing for. And this year, the Blue Jays look like contenders. My fear is that I won't know what to do if he ends up playing for the Yankees.

Yankees...you either love them or hate them!
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 954
    ^I'd say hate is the right word there ;)
    ^ Don't get me started.  

Although I get more agitated meeting people not from NYC that are 'life-long' Yankees fans when there are plenty of other closer teams to follow.
    Bumblepants
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    On the flip side, as a non baseball fan, I simply appreciate the history and heritage the Yankees bring to not just the game but the USA in general. Few if any sports teams in this country can claim that sort of pedigree.
  • ericbericb Member Posts: 102
    Farmer_John said:
    Since I can't seem to ever pick a winner in MLB (typically any American League team that doesn't have the word "Yankees" in the name), I basically root for whatever team David's playing for.
    Pick a winner?  Come on, man...you pick a team (usually when you're young) and that's your team.  I understand you wanting to see David Price do well, but your team doesn't change.  
    Farmer_JohnSethro3
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 855
    So, has anyone rx'd word of the distribution date? Only thing I remember reading in the email was contact "email" if I haven't received batpod within 8wks
    Goldchains
    I have heard nothing. I haven't received a confirmation of being a full winner yet either. Bad customer service if you ask me. How difficult is it to set a few reps up to answer questions or keep people informed? There's only a thousand winners worldwide, it can't be that difficult really.
    Drmnez
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,338
    I have requested a list of winners, but I have not gotten that yet either.
    Drmnez
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 380
    SumoLego said:

We're big Blue Jays fans in our house this year. Basically we've gotten to know David Price's folks over the past 8-10 years and they're great people. Since I can't seem to ever pick a winner in MLB (typically any American League team that doesn't have the word "Yankees" in the name), I basically root for whatever team David's playing for. And this year, the Blue Jays look like contenders. My fear is that I won't know what to do if he ends up playing for the Yankees.

I'm hoping that you will be rooting for the Cubs next year.
    Farmer_JohnRainstorm26
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    SumoLego said:

I'm hoping that you will be rooting for the Cubs next year.

@Farmer_John that's awesome, ever since I saw David Price come in relief in the '08 ALCS and shut down the Red Sox (I'm probably your typical Boston sports fan) I've been a fan.  I would've loved to see him come play in Boston but being in TB really generated a dislike for the Sox for him so I doubt it'll ever be :(.  He sometimes opens his mouth too much but he is a STUD.  I do hope he ends up in Chicago @sweetness34, as I am silently rooting for the cubs to try and give the cards some trouble.

And to contribute something helpful to this thread: you guys all suck for having me frantically check my email once an hour with the hope that one trickles in.  I did get my hands on the wheels & tires tho in case I don't win and I'll just have to build it (which I'd honestly do even if I'd won so I could keep the winner sealed up and looking pretty next to it.

And FWIW, I emailed around 26 times and bought a keychain which I inadvertently returned on July 1 when returning other stuff and due to the new cashier system my Lego store was using couldn't have the purchase count during the month of June during the promo for some reason :'(
    Farmer_John
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Don't get too down on yourselves, Lions fan here! (though they have been doing fairly well recently)
    At least you've never had any solid reason for hope...try being a Texans fan. When Houston had the Oilers and I backed them I always knew they were gonna stink so I didn't mind. Year before last when the season opened and we were hands down picked to WIN the Super Bowl and then go 2-14. Sheesh!
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ericb said:
    Farmer_John said:
    Since I can't seem to ever pick a winner in MLB (typically any American League team that doesn't have the word "Yankees" in the name), I basically root for whatever team David's playing for.
    Pick a winner?  Come on, man...you pick a team (usually when you're young) and that's your team.  I understand you wanting to see David Price do well, but your team doesn't change.  
    I typically root for whatever team I live near. When I was young, it was George Brett and the KC Royals. When I left the Midwest and moved South, it was the Nolan Ryan and the Texas Rangers. Now I'm in no-man's land (Midsouth) where there are no baseball teams. If I get caught watching a baseball game (which I do enjoy), it's in this order:

1. Non-Yankee team
    2. Underdog team
    This way I root against the Yankees even if they're an underdog. ;)
    ericbkiki180703
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 315
    I have a few sets of the tires.  If anyone in the US is interested, send me a PM.  $28 shipped to the US for a pair.  I will put them in the marketplace thread as well in the next day or two.  Thanks!
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Baseball? Worst thread high jack ever....(insert CBG meme here)
    Drmnezgmonkey76kiki180703PurplorosRainstorm26
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Got you all beat...... I'm  Cleveland Browns/ Indians fan.....
    CircleKericbkiki180703MasterBeefy
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 954
    I sure hope Roger Dorn does well this year. He's costing the clubhouse a fortune.
    gmonkey76SumoLegoericbkiki180703
    hoodaddy said:
    I have a few sets of the tires.  If anyone in the US is interested, send me a PM.  $28 shipped to the US for a pair.  I will put them in the marketplace thread as well in the next day or two.  Thanks!
    Actually, with the shipping that's a decent price based on what I've been seeing at BrickLink. I already purchased a set months back, otherwise I would likely jump on it.
    edited September 2015
    Baseball? Worst thread high jack ever....(insert CBG meme here)
    Talking baseball is better then talking about the alternative; not winning a Lego Bat-Pod.

Anyway, the Blue Jays won again last night... :*
    SumoLegokiki180703MasterBeefy
    I at least have the '08 World Series in my lifetime to look back on. That was a great moment for me, as I was convinced my teams/drivers would never win a championship. Although my minor league hockey team got a championship in the last couple years, and my favorite minor league baseball team is in the playoffs this year.

Back on topic, I got an email this morning from the Lego VIP Program and it caused a slight increase in hope, until I read it and it was for September events at my Lego Store.

SumoLego
    Anybody who won hear anything back from Lego yet on their Bat-Pod (tracking numbers, etc.)?
    Nope. Nothing
    Me either.
  • Cemetary_ManCemetary_Man CanadaMember Posts: 7
    Ditto. Nothing yet. 
  • GreenlanternGreenlantern USAMember Posts: 11
    Nothing yet. It's been over 4 weeks since I got the original "winner" email from Lego.
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    Nothing here either. :(
    Does anyone remember, from the original details of the contest, when we they said they would ship
  • GreenlanternGreenlantern USAMember Posts: 11
    The contest rules said you would get it within 90 days of winning. In the email they said if you didn't get it within 8 weeks of the email,  that you should contact them. 
    (Even though I didn't win, maybe I can Jedi Mind-Trick them in sending me one anyway, if I complain after 90 day...)
    kiki180703AdeelZubair
  • jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    No other emails received since the first notification. I entered via email everyday in the month of June, minus 2-3 days where I forgot. I read in the fine print somewhere that there couldn't be more than 75 given away to any one state here in the U.S. So maybe that's why some of us got late emails, they found they needed to spread it around maybe, idk. 
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,431
    My team's championships in my lifetime: 

New York Yankees: 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998-2000, 2009
    New York Giants: 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011
    New York Islanders: 1980-1983
    New York Lizards: 2001, 2003, 2015
    Tampa Bay Storm: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 2003

Oh, and no bat-pod yet.
    ^I may not be a Yankees fan, but I do have some fond childhood memories of the Giants. Willie Mays...one of the all time greats!

Ninety days would put the Bat-Pods in people's hand around November 1st at the latest. It appears that naming the winners has been dragged out about a month (for various reasons). Perhaps the plan is to make sure all 750 winners are validated before shipping them all out at once. Can't wait to see the instructions...
    I am so nervous I also bought a set of wheels and tires from customer service in case my set doesn't show up.
    Are the tires available again?
    They were when I ordered them a couple weeks ago.
    I've heard nothing further myself.  Ridiculous.
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    It's a free giveaway and people are whining over how long they have to wait.....
    LusiferSam
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Are you whining about people whining?
    BACbrix said:
    It's a free giveaway and people are whining over how long they have to wait.....
    Frankly, good sir, it's not about the wait.  It's about the fact that we have all received provisional winner e-mails, sent in what they wanted us to(up to at least a month for some), and then have heard absolutely nothing since.

It's poor customer service, and I could honestly do a better job than what Lego is doing(I do have many years of customer service experience, so I know what I'm talking about).  That is what we are "whining" about.
    Drmnez
    edited September 2015
    Personally I think it's normal for the winners to be nervous, since it's a really special set. I am confident that TLG will ship the sets though, since it was broadly (across the globe) advertised contest and TLG would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't. It's almost like one of those limited Comic-Con sets being handed out, and I assume it will be boxed and numbered too.

I'm just anxious for TLG (or a lucky winner) to post the instructions. :-)
    LegoboyGoldchains
    edited September 2015
    They were when I ordered them a couple weeks ago.
    Hey @Russell844 - Do you have a [email protected] link for the wheels? I can't seem to find them. Also, what was the price for two wheels from [email protected] if you don't mind telling?
    Yes, in the special parts section.  Not too costly.