Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• DraugDraug CanadaMember Posts: 34
    edited August 2015
    I was sent a second email tonight, August 20. It was a followup to my rule confirmation reply of two week ago. The email tonight asked me to answer a skill testing, which is a lottery requirement in Canada. Interestingly, it asked me to answer "within 2 minutes without aid" but I didn't even receive the email for 2 hours after it was sent. :)
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Yall crazy Canucks :)
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,264

With peoples offers for trades and guesses at how much these will go for I am wondering if it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. I thought with no figure these would go for a little over £100. With people only having one to sell not hundreds or thousands the value is a lot less market driven and a lot more driven by perceived value and that is being driven up and up on here. On the other hand I will only go to around £100 and if not I will go to bricklink so maybe some market forces will still come into play.  

• drscottypavarottidrscottypavarotti United KingdomMember Posts: 14
    I gotta say, I'm a complete Batman nut, have been for the best part of 40 years, so will be hanging on to mine
    LostInTranslation
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 607
    i'm not lucky enough to have won. i'm going to bricklink the parts! i'm happy that some people on here have  :)
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    I'll happily send people a list of parts/instructions when I get them
    Thank you SO much.  I got my wheels to beat the rush and am waiting for them to either be posted or for when I can call and ask for em!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,653
    Holy cow!  I just got an email from LEGO VIP today!  I won a bat-pod.  Looks like there are still emails still being sent out.
    Wonder if LEGO is now combing through the winners to make sure that folks were adhering to the rules, or they are stopping winners from winning multiples and then sending out notification to those who had not won yet?
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,524
    Reallocating prizes from those who are on holiday and haven't replied in time.

Imagine getting home, checking your email and finding you won :o B), then realising you missed the reply by date and someone else is going to get your Bat Pod  :s .
    kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,146
    ^  You snooze, you lose!

(Or get a phone that you can check e-mail.)
    kiki180703gmonkey76
    Got my follow-up email today.  "Thank you for confirming your acceptance of the Official LEGO DC Super Heroes Bat-Pod Sweepstake Rules.

We are delighted to confirm you as an official winner!

We will be despatching your Bat-Pod set to the address registered to your VIP Account via registered delivery once we have completed winner selection process"

So, they're still going through "winner selection process", whatever that entails, at least here in Europe.

exciter1
  • rock99rockrock99rock TexasMember Posts: 3
    I received my notification of being a "provisional" winner on August 10th, sent my reply back on the 11th.  Haven't received a followup email however notifying me as an "official" winner.  *nervous fidgeting*   - Hopefully the process was a bit different for us US folks.
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    Well done to all you lucky winners!
    Its great to see a fair few Bricksetters win :)
    If anyone wants to trade for a FireBrigade let me know....
    pharmjod
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    @DarthMorl way to up the ante :)
    I am offering all of the Lego trains in Mordor.  (For those only in ewoking distance.)
    LostInTranslationkiki180703khmellymelPitfall69
  • FuddruckusFuddruckus Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2015
    Just got an email congratulating me as a provisional winner in the United States.  The email gave me until September 6 (ten days) to reply.  Attached was an official rules document which said the drawing for winners was scheduled for around July 30, and winners would be notified around August 6.

Don't give up hope!
    pharmjodLegoKipBrickDancerkiki180703gmonkey76Goldchains
    ^ You're making giving up hope very difficult.
    FuddruckusTXLegoguyDrmnezBumblepantspharmjodkiki180703madforLEGO
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Where are all the recent winners based out of?
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 563
    edited August 2015
    ^Me too!

Holy cow!  I was totally fine not owning one, but I'm super psyched to have been picked.   I realized that it's the result of someone not getting one, but too cool.
    BrickDancerFinal_Signgmonkey76
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 855
    I just got a notice like 5 min ago. I hope I did it right. It just said reply with the canned statement. Is that it?
    BrickDancerFinal_Signgmonkey76Goldchains
  • adougl5adougl5 Member Posts: 4
    I had all but given up hope that I would ever win, but then I just found the newest unread message in my inbox is "VIP LEGO® Bat Pod Sweepstake Winner" as of 8:13 PM last night!

I was selected as a provisional winner and I, too, would like to know if copying the statement and pasting it in my reply was all that I needed to do.

Thank you, and congratulations to everyone who won!
    BrickDancergmonkey76
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 237

@Gooker1 , Colorado for me, I entered 31 times by email and bought a keychain

In the winning letter, it says that each US state can have a maximum of 75 winners, so I guess the random draw had to be helped a little.

@Drmnez, @adougl5 , That is all I did too, I bit nervous about being a single email without confirmation of it being received...

DrmnezFinal_Signkiki180703
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,357
    I suspect this second wave of winners is a result of some people not replying to emails in the first round. Congratulations to all the winners! 
    pharmjodobi_gSumoLegoFinal_Signkiki180703
    Oof.  Another round of disappointment.  Yay for the rest of us.

Imagine finding that e-mail in your spam folder three weeks from now!

It's @bendybadger all over again...
    bendybadgerkiki180703
  • Final_SignFinal_Sign KentuckyMember Posts: 101
    I just got a provisional winner email last night too!  I would like to thank whoever did not fulfill the requirements after the first round that allowed me to get a delayed email!
    pharmjodBrickDancergmonkey76kiki180703
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    I'm still waiting for my email... There's still hope, right?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,659
    Did the first round winners received theirs (or tracking) already ?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,338
    I have received no set or tracking yet.
  • jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    Just received a provisional winner email! I'm in the U.S., they gave me until Sept 7 to reply. I had given up hope long ago, pretty cool! 
    BrickDancerDrmnezgmonkey76pharmjodFinal_Signkiki180703
    Are we 'suppose' to receive tracking info?
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 237
    ^ Email stipulates : "Please note that your prize will be dispatched with tracking" we can only hope it they will let us know about it.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,813
    Got the winning email today (Chicago, IL USA) and just sent in my reply.
    pharmjodRennyFinal_Signkiki180703BrickDancer
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    Is there any winners looking to trade for something else?? 
    If so send me a PM ;) 
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I can't believe it.  I received a provisional winner e-mail as well.  Sending reply now.  Woohoo!!!  I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Final_SignRonyarpharmjodkiki180703BrickDancerPitfall69Purploros
    ^ Hey, hey.  I already offered all of the trains in Mordor!
    DarthMorlGoldchainskiki180703
    I know, originally, all initial notifications were set for the beginning of the month. Has anyone rx'd tracking info for batpod yet?
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,441
    Maybe it's just me, but does anyone think that this is just downright strange?

There have been so many winners here on Brickset, yet we represent such a small portion of the LEGO community. 

I'm very happy for all the winners, yet perplexed at the same time. Perhaps LEGO royally messed up and is now producing more than 750.
    SumoLego
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Well, I think we are a larger part of the community than we may know. I've also noticed many of the winners are ones who have never or rarely post, and might possibly be on here to just say they won and disappear again into the night lol. Or these latest winner e-mails are a scam and I made a mistake in my excitement...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    edited August 2015
    A lot of Bricksetters will have entered multiple times whereas casual shoppers will only have one entry probably from a purchase.  Increases the odds. 

Congrats to everyone who won! 
    pharmjodjaitheartist
    US also does no purchase necessary to enter. And this was not a world wide contest
    pharmjodjaitheartist
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,813
    I made the purchase and sent in the emails every day (might of forgot to do two or three times)
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 954
    I thought they initially didn't include other countries, but then they modified it so overseas could enter also. They had a different number available though.

I still didn't win anything. Too bad. My Tumbler purchase and 27 entries wasn't good enough to be in the randomized pick. Oh well.
    SumoLego
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 589
    Well, either I won, or I just fell victim to a nasty Trojan attack hidden in the file titled "VIP Bat Pod Sweepstake Terms and Conditions NA_Final.pdf"!

FWIW my email in the USA came through at 12:15pm on 8/28 and gave me until 9/7 to reply.
    BrickDancerDollarStudiosGoldchainskiki180703AdeelZubairLostInTranslation
  • Cemetary_ManCemetary_Man CanadaMember Posts: 7
     Canadian winner here! Got my initial email on Aug 7. A week later I got another email requiring me to answer a skill testing question. Other than that I have yet to receive any confirmation emails.

I'm new to this forum. I signed up to see if there were any other winners here. Also this is the only Lego forum that's actually having a decent discussion about this Batpod. 
    BrickDancerGoldchainskiki180703AdeelZubairLostInTranslation
    I only entered the competition once, popped into a LEGO store and bought the Deathstroke set.
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    I won I won I won I won I won!!!
    just got the provisional winner email this morning. I was shocked since I thought they had selected all the winners already but they probably had a few spots open up with some disqualifications. Anyways, there's still some hope for more winners.
    BrickDancerLostInTranslation
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    I'm wondering if this set is boxed or bagged? I'm thinking boxed because the tires are huge, but it's a custom set so who knows. Thoughts?
    edited August 2015
    To quote a pop culture sage:

"Screw you guys... I'm going home."

Going home to check my e-mail!  I just want this to be done.
    kiki180703pharmjodGoldchainsAdeelZubairchuckp