Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    None on eBay yet?? 
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 224
    Congratulations to all the winners! I have to admit, I'm kinda jealous!

So... any European winners yet? 
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Rpennock said:
    Call me crazy, but as tempting as it will be to sell/trade it, or even keep it sealed for eternity... I'm definitely going to be opening it, will enjoy building it, and proudly display it. :smiley:
    I was waiting for the part where you were going to say "and sharing the instructions with fellow Brickset members." :smile:

Either way, a hearty congratulations!
  • RpennockRpennock Fredericton, NB CanadaMember Posts: 34
    I was waiting for the part where you were going to say "and sharing the instructions with fellow Brickset members." :smile:

Either way, a hearty congratulations!

I most definitely will be willing to share the instructions, don't worry about that lol. 
    HangedSanchezFarmer_JohnSethro3GothamConstructionCoAdeelZubairsnowhitiewaynegg

DarthMorl said:
    None on eBay yet?? 
    The email requires the winners to respond and confirm that they have abided by the Official Rules of the contest.. You are only a "provisional winner" until you follow their instructions. 

So, presumably, none of the batpods have been shipped yet. Probably be a week or more before people have them in hand. My email made mention of allowing 8 weeks.. which I hope is a VERY conservative estimate on LEGO's part lol. 
    DarthMorl
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    from my old LU days we had to provide a reply within a certain number of days, and then it would be about 2-3 weeks before prizes would arrive. you may receive a notice via email saying your order has shipped. it will look like a normal order but with a prize you cant but :) (seems I didn't win one either, which is ok considering how much I was able to win via LU)
    Yeah potential winners have until August 15th to reply to LEGO in order to claim their prize. 

And you're right, the email did say they will provide tracking when they ship it. I'm not really all that worried about it lol. I'm expecting 2 -3 weeks until it arrives.. the 8 week thing in the email was in the context of "if your Bat-Podhasn't arrived within 8 weeks of this email, please contact us"
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    I wonder if THE BRICK SHOW will get their hands on one! I expect the Brickset winners to start a new thread dedicated entirely to an advanced review and a photo of every build instruction for us that failed to win! :smile: 
    My tumbler will be forever lonely 
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    @GallardoLU  What's LU?
  • gezuvorgezuvor PDXMember Posts: 12
    I won one also! Responded to the email this AM...
    BrickDancerRonyarLostInTranslationPurplorosGoldchainsAdeelZubairsnowhitie
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 609
    @obi_g Wheels and Tires are available to buy from [email protected] Brick and Pieces.
    Really? They're not available on the UK [email protected] site when I checked this morning... :(

also, I didn't win one!
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Gooker1 said:
    @GallardoLU  What's LU?

LU = Lego Universe, was a short lived MMO. had racing, survival mode fighting (non-pvp) a decent story, and personal properties with free building that could be publicly shared for others to visit and play in (could fully script interactions with players) I loved the game as did many others, Lego though shut it down after a year and 3 months sadly. (oct 2010 -jan 2012)
    LegoKip
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    Add me to the list that will trade a hellicarrier for a Bat-Pod.   I'm in FL USA
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 630
    Let's hope this was some sort of market research for Lego to gauge interest in this set so they could release it for sale down the line for the rest of us who didn't win...
    Sethro3AdeelZubair
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 855
    Just remember I was the first one to offer the helicarrier for batpod trade
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    Drmnez said:
    Just remember I was the first one to offer the helicarrier for batpod trade
    Yes - try to work a trade out with @Drmnez first!

Let's hope this was some sort of market research for Lego to gauge interest in this set so they could release it for sale down the line for the rest of us who didn't win...
    I'll reserve an opinion on that, unless I can get one!
    Add me to the list that will trade a hellicarrier for a Bat-Pod.   I'm in FL USA
    I'm hoping the 'dibs' system doesn't break down in the forum...
    Where do all the winners reside?  Looks like 2 in California and where else?
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    To the winners: I'm curious, how many entrees did you submit? 
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,363
    31. Bought a Batgirl keychain and an email entry once per day.
    LostInTranslationMandalorian_Builder
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    I may resort to Bricklink and Bricks & Pieces if the market value for the set ends up at $350.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 969
    It would appear I didn't win one either..doesn't surprise me. As lucky as I am in life, I don't win too many contests.

Hopefully the instructions will be easily viewed and the pieces won't be horrendous to purchase.
    Gooker1 said:
    Where do all the winners reside?  Looks like 2 in California and where else?
    New Brunswick, Canada (located north east of Maine).

23 times
    Thanks for posting locations!  Kinda neat to see how it was spread about.   And the posting of the times entered is cool too!
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    I cant wait to get brick linking this set! even if there is a rare colour as long as I can make it I am happy! I already have a set of tyres and wheels at the ready! 
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Are the emails being sent out individually or was it a mass email? Do I still have a chance of winning :/
  • willkfwongwillkfwong Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 44
    I also received a provisional winner email. So excited :)
    Coolguy5000LostInTranslationBrickDancerPurplorosAdeelZubairsnowhitieRonyar
    YogaFett2 said:
    Are the emails being sent out individually or was it a mass email? Do I still have a chance of winning :/
    Mine was addressed to "Undisclosed recipients:" So I'm not really sure. 

It was specific for Canadian winners however.. For example, I had to answer a mathematical skill testing question as part of the requirements to receive the prize (it's for a weird Canadian law.. sweepstake prizes have to be given for games of skill, not chance). Pretty sure Americans don't have that same requirements.  

Any other winners not in CA and Canada?
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    Not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed I didn't win one.

Admittedly I played right into Lego's hands, as I would have waited to buy a Tumbler without this contest, but meh, it is what it is.

Congrats to all that have won one.
    Ronyar
  • Vance2Vance2 Member Posts: 15
    Congrats to all the winners. Out of curiosity, did the winners get their e-mails yesterday or have some received them in their inboxes today?
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,458
    Vance2 said:
    Congrats to all the winners. Out of curiosity, did the winners get their e-mails yesterday or have some received them in their inboxes today?
    Some of us are still holding onto hope...
    pharmjodTXLegoguyGoldchainsAdeelZubairRonyar
  • DraugDraug CanadaMember Posts: 34
    I won also! I got the email yesterday evening, about 19 hours ago. I responded to the email about 12 hours ago. 

I'm from Calgary, Alberta,  so there's another Canada winner. I'm unsure what I'll do yet; likely keep it sealed like most of my expensive sets... which from a removed perspective, maybe is silly. :)
    RpennockLostInTranslationBrickDancerPurplorossnowhitie
    Cannucks and Californians eh?
  • quiddityquiddity USMember Posts: 5
    I won one also...from Oregon...and it's a shame I bought a Hellicarrier...I totally would have traded.  Oh well...
    BrickDancerPurplorosMrJ_NYLostInTranslationAdeelZubairsnowhitieRonyar
    return it and take one via trade. rofl
  • quiddityquiddity USMember Posts: 5
    I'll admit... Once I get the bat-pod I'll be tempted to buy the Tumbler....
  • Final_SignFinal_Sign KentuckyMember Posts: 101
    Grats to the winners!  I'm pretty sure my email is broken and that's why I haven't gotten my email yet . . .
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    I was tempted to one up the offer with the hellicarrier but I did not think that would be good form to the fellows that came up with the idea  :)
    edited August 2015
    I am pretty sure that all the recipients were emailed at once. Would be interesting to know how many applicants were received...
    I had an alert that reminded me to send an email every morning, but would forget sometimes. Probably 20+ times ?
    quiddity said:
    from Oregon...
    Same for me, in NW Portland.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 593
    So the only US winners have been from the west coast?
    edited August 2015
    x2
  • royvroyv Member Posts: 9
    Winner here in Cali as well. To the other winners who read the attached terms and conditions, it mentioned something about filling out a 'prize acceptance form', any ideas if that's necessary?
    BrickDancerPurploros
  • ToyHeroToyHero USAMember Posts: 3
    Just joined the thread... Too late to win? 
    Lol
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    On Facebook I saw that some guy received emails this morning so maybe that's hope that they're doing it in batches?  Or maybe this kid just has a shitty email but I prefer to believe the former.  The contest rules did say they would have contacted all winners by the 7th so that still leaves a day-ish right?  I'm absolutely trying to convince myself of this at this point...I've never cared more about a sweepstakes in my life lol
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 182
    edited August 2015

Yay!  I just got an email, so here's one for Texas.  "may take up to 8 weeks" to get though. @royv from what the email said, you just reply with that confirmation paragraph saying that you were eligible to participate, they may have you fill something else out later on once you've confirmed you are a winner?

BrickDancerPurplorosMrJ_NYLostInTranslationAdeelZubairsnowhitieRonyar
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited August 2015
    In this case, I would be happy just getting the instructions. There is almost zero chance of winning, but on the positive side there doesn't appear to be any special pieces included in this set either. So the only thing the winners will get is an official box and instructions. Yes...there are those willing to pay through the nose for sealed sets, but I will be happy having the exact same set for a fraction of the aftermarket price.

Either way, life will go on...
    Sethro3