Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• FatBFatB CanadaMember Posts: 4
    Rpennock said:
    I'm still waiting. Wednesday will be 8 weeks since I received my provisional winner email... the "winners euphoria" has definitely worn off. Just rather depressing now, the endless waiting for a shipment notification. 
    I definitely know the feeling. The least they could do is update the time frame. Are you gonna shoot another email/call tomorrow as your "deadline" is up? Mine has a couple days to go yet.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Gooker1 said:
    So have the Canada and Europe winners received theirs yet?  It's been around two weeks since the US winners started getting them.

I have noticed that the E-bay prices have dropped rapidly, and average sale price is around $1000-1200 or so.  

It's rather messed up that CA/EU has to wait, and lose out on a larger payday if they decide to sell them.  
    LOL - Yea, losing out on a larger payday for an item someone wins b/c they want to sell it asap.  I can see how that's messed up. SMH
    I'm confused.  Are you being sarcastic?  Think about it.  The US winners received theirs a long time ago and were selling at $2K plus.  Now they sell for half that.  Wouldn't you rather have $2K than $1K?

Hell, my Batpod came DAMAGED!  I gave it a substantial discount and made a lot more than $1K when I sold it.  Only because I could sell it early and quickly.  If I tried now, do you think I would?  Absolutely not.  So, yeah, it is messed up.    
  • RpennockRpennock Fredericton, NB CanadaMember Posts: 34
    FatB said:
    Rpennock said:
    I'm still waiting. Wednesday will be 8 weeks since I received my provisional winner email... the "winners euphoria" has definitely worn off. Just rather depressing now, the endless waiting for a shipment notification. 
    I definitely know the feeling. The least they could do is update the time frame. Are you gonna shoot another email/call tomorrow as your "deadline" is up? Mine has a couple days to go yet.
    Fired off that email this morning, no response yet... seriously debating a daily email until I hear something.. probably give it the rest of the week before I start that though, hate to anger the LEGO gods ;)

• addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    Gooker1 said:
    So have the Canada and Europe winners received theirs yet?  It's been around two weeks since the US winners started getting them.

I have noticed that the E-bay prices have dropped rapidly, and average sale price is around $1000-1200 or so.  

It's rather messed up that CA/EU has to wait, and lose out on a larger payday if they decide to sell them.  
    LOL - Yea, losing out on a larger payday for an item someone wins b/c they want to sell it asap.  I can see how that's messed up. SMH
    I'm confused.  Are you being sarcastic?  Think about it.  The US winners received theirs a long time ago and were selling at $2K plus.  Now they sell for half that.  Wouldn't you rather have $2K than $1K?

Hell, my Batpod came DAMAGED!  I gave it a substantial discount and made a lot more than $1K when I sold it.  Only because I could sell it early and quickly.  If I tried now, do you think I would?  Absolutely not.  So, yeah, it is messed up.    
    I think you're missing the point. Imagine the feeling of the people that didn't win one, with the intention of building it. That is the true loss here 
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Well that is very true, and I agree.  I hope the person that bought mine builds it/displays it.  I know I will be opening and building the Sandcrawler and UCS Slave I sets I bought with some of the proceeds.  If that counts lol.  
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2015
    steveomcl said:
    "The Bat Pod actually runs, though Chris Corbould (the designer) has not revealed which engine it’s fitted with, or exactly how fast it goes"

Hollywood apparently dubbed the engine sound with a Tesla roadster to make it more appealing on screen! Like I said the jury will always be out on the engine specs which is why we can say what we want! 

If anyone else would like a personalised version of plaque with their own opinion on the specs feel free to ask @benbacardi or myself. 

For me personally I never look at any of my UCS plaques I just know they are there next to my models and trust Lego got them right! 

I will eventually print a version I deem appropriate for myself and display it for fun if nothing else.
    Steve - I think what you and @benbacardi are doing is great and and I'll definitely be picking up some of your stickers. To your point, I think the spec can almost be what you want it to be including a miniature "fusion reactor." The sound made by the Bat-Pod (in the movie) is definitely an electric motor; not a combustion engine. Electric motors are much more quiet, which I think would be important for someone wanting to be stealthy. Just an observation...not necessarily what should be on the stickers.

Great work!

ARo2891
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,082
    edited September 2015
    steveomcl said:
    "The Bat Pod actually runs, though Chris Corbould (the designer) has not revealed which engine it’s fitted with, or exactly how fast it goes"

Hollywood apparently dubbed the engine sound with a Tesla roadster to make it more appealing on screen! Like I said the jury will always be out on the engine specs which is why we can say what we want! 

If anyone else would like a personalised version of plaque with their own opinion on the specs feel free to ask @benbacardi or myself. 

For me personally I never look at any of my UCS plaques I just know they are there next to my models and trust Lego got them right! 

I will eventually print a version I deem appropriate for myself and display it for fun if nothing else.
    On one forum someone pointed out that the Bat-pod was outfitted with the Honda CRF450R motor.  A couple of photos pointing to some details suggests that's the motor they used.

steveomcl said:
    @1265 will this do?
    Awesome!!  Thanks.
  • tcleongtcleong Member Posts: 19
    Join in the fun. 

steveomclBrickDancerchuckp
    tcleong said:
    Join in the fun. 

Gotta go black!
    steveomcl said:
    @1265 will this do?
    Can you shorten the spacing between the descriptors and specs.  Use the MAX SPEED descriptor as the point reference and move the specs by at least half closer to the left. Would like the same spacing distance used on the Tumbler between the ACCELERATION descriptor and spec.  This will allow more of the Bat-pod graphic to be shown.  I appreciate the work you are doing for the community.  
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited September 2015
    Also if you could move it all up a smidge so that the top and bottom margins are of equal size. All those 'g's are very close to the edge.

And I echo a big thank you for the work. I'm in for a couple if you get to printing. 
  • DollarStudiosDollarStudios UKMember Posts: 45
    Just received my shipping confirmation email from Fed-Ex. Arriving next Tuesday. It looks like Europe sets are now being sent out!
    GoldchainsLegoboyMattsWhatGothamConstructionCoFatBkiki180703AdeelZubair
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    No problem guys il fire up the changes tonight! Il move the specs between the O and D that do? @1265 and I will decrease the sizing slightly to make the margins better 
  • FatBFatB CanadaMember Posts: 4
    Rpennock said:
    Fired off that email this morning, no response yet... seriously debating a daily email until I hear something.. probably give it the rest of the week before I start that though, hate to anger the LEGO gods ;)

Hope you get some good news. Pretty ridiculous how big the gap is from first deliveries to present. I just hope it not some kinda of error on their part leaving us screwed.
    Rpennock
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Maybe LEGO is packing the boxes with some kind of air bubbles or protection to prevent shipping damage this time?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Tires are back in Bricks and Pieces at Lego [email protected] least at this very moment. FYI...
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    A question that hasn't been answered yet...why is bricklink et al stating 338 parts yet it says  311 on the box?
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 947
    BrickOwl lists 311 parts - still no guarantee to be correct I suppose.
    Can anyone help me and purchase an extra set of tires? I will gladly PayPal you the costs and shipping. I am banned from buying from [email protected] and phone orders 
    Aleydita said:
    BrickOwl lists 311 parts - still no guarantee to be correct I suppose.
    Aye, well I've ordred 338 parts so will see what it looks like when it's built lol

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    A question that hasn't been answered yet...why is bricklink et al stating 338 parts yet it says  311 on the box?
    Having built it last night, I can confirm the BL part list I previously provided is correct with no substitutes nor leftovers.
    Ie.  338 parts.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    My Toys R Us replacement shipment is set to arrive today, so hopefully I'll still end up with a set of those shields.

Unless they screwed up again...
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Gooker1 said:

I'm pretty sure it was LEGO's intention to distribute a really cool, exclusive set to those who actually want it. I seriously doubt they factored in profit margin for those who were fortunate enough to win one. I'm sure they'd have just as soon you have not entered at all if your sole purpose was to scalp it, leaving a chance for someone who would appreciate the set a chance to win. Kinda shameful to bitch about only making a thousand bucks off something that cost you nothing tbh.
    Rpennockmadejp86pharmjodLyichirericblegoginGoldchainsARo2891kiki180703
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,218

They could have sent them all in unsealed boxes with unsealed bags to stop them being resold as new at least.

wayneggSethro3kiki180703
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    I agree with the comment about reselling. There are way too many people just looking to make a profit. That is the only reason they enter any sort of contests because all they see is money. These should have only been given to the true fans and collectors. Whoever is paying over $1000 for one of these is completely nuts and needs some serious help. 
    rawbob
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    They should have made 100,000 and put a price of £49.99 on it.

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    So up to $1000 for it is the cutoff for sanity. Good to know. @samiam391 you're in the clear :)
    AleyditaSumoLegokiki180703
  • RpennockRpennock Fredericton, NB CanadaMember Posts: 34
    In a weird twist.. I'm totally jealous of those of you who have been able to bricklink/ B&P and build one. Never once thought seriously about selling or trading it. I can't wait to build mine.. assuming I'm still a winner.
    Eight weeks of silence and counting.
    (apologies my for whining lol)

Legoboykiki180703
    You can get everything except the tyres for less than €100. Those paying €1k plus for a box and a bit of paper are surely just speculating that the set will continue to increase in value, and have no intention of opening it.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Black rims and gold hubs. Waiting for a bricks and pieces order to swap out the dark grey foot rests for black. Next project will be a similar scale MOC of The Bat. :)
    chuckpRpennockSumoLegokiki180703
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,248
    I have a pair of black wheels and 6x shields extra if anyone wants them. Just pay cost plus shipping.
    I have a pair of black wheels and 6x shields extra if anyone wants them. Just pay cost plus shipping.
    I'll take the wheels 
    According to this article:
    "The Batpod, a motorbike-like vehicle that is essentially an escape pod from the Tumbler, is steered solely by shoulder movements and capable of turning 90 degrees almost instantaneously. It would cost you a reasonable $1,500,000."

How Much Would It Cost To Be Batman?

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/cost-being-batman
    addemlit PM on the way.
    Legoboy said:
    Ie.  338 parts.
    Legoboy said:
    Having built it last night, I can confirm the BL part list I previously provided is correct with no substitutes nor leftovers.
    Ok thanks, so the 311 on the box is an error then.
    ^ Looks like it.  There were 2 or 3 errors in the instructions also.
    Better @1265
    BrickDancerwaynegg1265kiki180703TwoToneBricks
    Margins also fixed @BrickDancer
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited September 2015
    ^It looks great @steveomcl, the margins really improved the bottom edge.

One question, for the 'E' in Wayne IndustriEs, there's a small black spot at the top-left of the E. Is that supposed to be there as part of the font? Same goes for the very top-right corner of 'W'.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Wow...great eye there BD.  Thanks so much for working on this!!  @steveomcl

• joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    That is a far better job than I could ever do @steveomcl but to my chippy-eye it looks like the whole graphic needs rotating clockwise a touch on the black background. Is that from the original scan? Probably less noticeable when on the black plate as well.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,416
    pharmjod said:
    So up to $1000 for it is the cutoff for sanity. Good to know. @samiam391 you're in the clear :)
    Unless you buy multiple... then you're just a moron.
    pharmjod
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Looking lovely is all I can say. Is everyone making a separate stand. I'm think I might double the length of the tumbler plaque and put them side by side. Not like I'll be displaying them separately! 
    I have the parts ordered for a separate stand similar to the tumbler. I also thought of making a mini plaque instead like that similar in size to the 10174 AT ST but decided against that one. 

I am happy with the final result! Hell it will never be perfect but if it prints OK and looks well then who cares. A big thanks to @benbacardi for kickstarting this project! 
    Legoboy said:

What were the errors? Will be about to start building mine in a couple of days when the tyres turn up. Are they obvious or will I need to get some more parts?
    Legoboy said:
    They need a proof reader then, would save them a lot of bother, especially with the Star wars calandar
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Legoboy said:

Sounds like you get what you pay for. Free set = not quite so much QC.