Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 596
    Caved in and got the shields, only just realised prices for tyres!!
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    6 shields cost me £36.... Tyres £17.... 303 other pieces £35 lol the costs are real! Still better than £2000 though! 
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 712
    madejp86 said:
    lol he stole my idea :( 
    Sorry! I asked for the dimensions of the sticker a while ago so I could do this :-)

YogaFett2 said:
    Weight should be 728 pounds, (not in kg)
    A version with that attached.samiam391 said:
    I would change the weight (kg) to (tons), which would also match the Tumbler units.

In addition:
    "Grappling gun, machine gun, cannon" to "Grappling gun, Machine gun, Cannon"
    A version with those two changes attached too.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I chose Bat-Pod as that's on the LEGO merchandise.
    steveomclGreenlanternkiki180703waynegg
    If somebody can get me a good photo in the same sort of angle as the Tumbler pic of the LEGO model, on a white (or whitish) background, I can fix that issue too. 
    Great work @benbacardi I'm sure someone will drop you an image of the bat pod in Lego! I would if I had mine built! With your permission I intend on printing the final version and making it a display plaque with the bat pod! 
    steveomcl said:
    With your permission I intend on printing the final version and making it a display plaque with the bat pod! 
    Of course! It's why I posted it here. Let me know if there are any other changes you'd like made. 
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,077
    Don't like the three (3) wheel descriptors.  Seems pointless and cluttered.   The max speed is questionable. 
  • mampepinmampepin CanadaMember Posts: 66
    Which fonts did you use? I wanted to make one myself as a Photoshop exercise...
    edited September 2015
    I like the weight in lbs vice tons for the batpod.  For the tumbler, it works best for the weight expressed in tons.  If something never weighs greater than a ton, then it should be expressed lbs.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Rofl
    kiki180703
  • JdawgJdawg St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada Member Posts: 83
    If someone were to print an extra sticker, I'll gladly throw a few bucks their way to cover cost, mailing and a coffee/ beer or two.
    ARo2891JBricks27kiki180703Farmer_John
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Jdawg said:
    If someone were to print an extra sticker, I'll gladly throw a few bucks their way to cover cost, mailing and a coffee/ beer or two.
    seconded.
    JBricks27
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    How about Selina Kyle and Talia al Ghul minifigs for the display stand?
    Jdawgkiki180703SumoLegoAdeelZubair
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,868
    ^ I think you'd have to go with Bane over Talia.  After all, Bane did get an unceremoniously ridiculous demise at the hands of Ms. Kyle and the Bat-Pod...
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    would have to be new printing on Bane, of course. maybe wearing his coat
    ^  His brown coat was awesome, and an interesting fashion statement.
    GothamConstructionCobobabrickskiki180703Sethro3
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    pharmjodSumoLegokiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    Great effort @benbacardi.

330kg however = 728lbs, not 768.

Like @1265 said, where we are discussing a figure less than zero, it is usual to use the lower unit to avoid the decimal point.  For the US it should be displayed 728lbs or the ROW 330kg.  Given the spelling of ton is US and not tonne (ROW), I'll be using the lbs version.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,180
    madejp86 said:
    lol he stole my idea :( 
    Sorry! I asked for the dimensions of the sticker a while ago so I could do this :-)

YogaFett2 said:
    Weight should be 728 pounds, (not in kg)
    A version with that attached.samiam391 said:
    I would change the weight (kg) to (tons), which would also match the Tumbler units.

In addition:
    "Grappling gun, machine gun, cannon" to "Grappling gun, Machine gun, Cannon"
    A version with those two changes attached too.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I chose Bat-Pod as that's on the LEGO merchandise.
    You need to add "Price on eBay: $WTF."
    roxioSumoLegokiki180703chuckpamphurmeung
    Legoboy said:
    Great effort @benbacardi.

330kg however = 728lbs, not 768.
    Derp! Changed it.
    1265 said:
    Don't like the three (3) wheel descriptors.  Seems pointless and cluttered.   The max speed is questionable. 
    I got the max speed from a website that said the Bat-Pod speed was the same as the Tumbler's. If you don't like the rest of it, feel free to either not use it or suggest alternatives to go in their place! I wanted to fill it up to 9 to match the Tumbler.

Legoboy
    Haters gonna hate @benbacardi haven't seen their efforts yet 

I got the max speed from a website that said the Bat-Pod speed was the same as the Tumbler's. If you don't like the rest of it, feel free to either not use it or suggest alternatives to go in their place! I wanted to fill it up to 9 to match the Tumbler.

I read the same thing about both Tumbler and Batpod having the same speed.  That referenced to the actually speed which is 105 mph.  Also, the real weight of the Batpod is 730 lbs.  I already suggested alternatives, which was using the same descriptors like the Tumbler.

steveomcl said:
    You must be a Taylor Swift fan. :)

SumoLegokiki180703
    1265 said:

I read the same thing about both Tumbler and Batpod having the same speed.  That referenced to the actually speed which is 105 mph.  Also, the real weight of the Batpod is 730 lbs.  I already suggested alternatives, which was using the same descriptors like the Tumbler.
    My mistake.....it's 728 lbs.
    1265 said:

steveomcl said:
    You must be a Taylor Swift fan. :)

I'm sure he'll 'shake it off'... 'shake it off'...
    kiki180703Sethro31265PurplorosRainstorm26
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 877
    If someone in UK is still looking for the shields I can get two sets #44027 for about £25 posted. Should be able to get them by the end
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 877
    If someone in UK is still looking for the shields I can get two sets #44027 for about £25 posted. Should be able to get them by the end of October. Just send me pm if interested.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 922
    If there is more arguing, then you might create some Bad Blood....
    kiki180703AdeelZubairRainstorm26
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited September 2015
    Unfortunately I haven't had much luck finding the required sets here in Australia that have 92222 at RRP. So I just bought 2 X #44023 (still need another one) a bit above RRP but the price included postage.  It will work out at about $10AUD for each shield, which although expensive is still cheaper than any on bricklink plus I get the rest of the parts.

Hero Factory has never been so popular :p
    SumoLego
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,702
    Does anyone one know any solutions to getting a pair of tires (6084656) and six Hero Factory Shield's (4623002) for a cheaper price? I looked a the prices of the Hero Factory sets as well as the parts individually and they are all marked up from the normal prices which is very unfortunate. I wonder if resellers are just grabbing all the the stock or if people actually want this model for their own collections.

I just wish I thought ahead of time and got those two specifically when this model was announced.

bok2
  • mampepinmampepin CanadaMember Posts: 66
    ^Won't the tires come back in stock eventually? The Tumbler is still in production, so the tires are too. We just need to be a little patient, right? As for the shields, #44017 and #44027 are still in stock on Amazon.ca for the original retail price of 18$CAD each, which amounts to 6$CAD+taxes per shield. 
    Adzbadboy - are you new to the world of limited release LEGO? Pieces/sets will fly off the shelves and there will be a huge aftermarket for everything and yes, the price will continue to rise, especially right now since it is a hot item.
    1265 said:
    You're right that the website did mention 105mph, which I found odd as it also said it had the same speed as the Tumbler. I went with 200+ as that's what the Tumbler sticker had. (I also posted a corrected version with the real weight on it earlier. The 768 was a typo on my part).

I will happily make you a version with the same specs as the Tumbler, should you wish, if you can find me the acceleration, engine, fuel and jet fuel info for the Bat-Pod.

I'm glad other people like the sticker, and I'll make anybody a version with the specs they like if you let me know what 9 things you want on there.
    mampepin said:
    Which fonts did you use? I wanted to make one myself as a Photoshop exercise...
    It's Avenir Next, Demi Bold. It's definitely not the same as the Tumbler's plate, but it's the closest I could find.

My £5 per month LEGO budget would never let me stretch to any of the models you guys talk about on here, so this is my way of "joining in"!! 
    LegoboyDrmnezHothWampa1265SirBenkiki180703Goldchains
    When you take the size of the tyres into consideration and the lack of jet fuel propulsion the bat pod has.... Forget the exaggerated speed in the movie I think 105mph is a very realistic speed. After all it was only really meant as an escape pod from the tumbler.
    So I got lucky and picked up 4 LEGO HF BREEZ FLEA MACHINE sets at a TRU not to far from home
    edited September 2015
    I have 8 sets of breez flea machine coming from amazon.  The first four were 120 shipped, but I found four more for 71 shipped.  I am building two for friends, and two for me.  
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 167
    I'll take any breez figures and/or jumper figures people don't want. :)
  • BennyBenny Carlisle, EnglandMember Posts: 28
    I spent ages yesterday putting all the required parts (apart from those OOS) in my basket on PaB. Clicked confirm order, and boom. "Page not found" and my basket was empty.
    ^ This happened to me on Friday night.  Clicked go to checkout, and it sent me to the shop home page with an empty cart.  Spent over an hour filling my cart.  BL parts are much cheaper anyway, so I dont know why I was on B&P in the first place.
    Benny
    With thanks to @benbacardi I have been able to post this Lego image version of his plaque. I hope we are getting closer to something everyone will want next to their Bat Pod.  Note: I have amended the speed... this stat is in my opinion, lets face it the jury will always be out on this stat. I do think 200+ mph is very very unrealistic 
    RpennockSumoLegoLegoboyGothamConstructionCo1265kiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    edited September 2015
    ^ Weight's wrong, again!  ;)

Is LEGO heavier than magnesium alloy?
    Sorry my bad! saved the wrong version of @benbacardi image. Hope this is better 
    bendybadger1265kiki180703
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    I ordered two of the BREEZ Flea Machines from Toys R Us and they sent me two of the Bionicle Lewa set!

Needless to say, I'm not happy. It's not even the same type of packaging.

At least when I called them up, they said they would ship the correct items immediately and that I could keep the incorrect items.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^^ That's looking pretty awesome, I'd be happy to have it next to mine (brick linked), just have to workout how to print it to a sticker and source a large black plate for it...
    All I really need are just the tires. I ordered all the pieces for the name plate and have my two min-figures inbound
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404

I think it looks great! Thanks for taking this on...

I believe the discrepancy between the Tumbler and Bat-Pod speed is that the Tumbler has the ability to "boost into a rampless jump" and the Bat-Pod doesn't. JMO...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,421
    Jdawg said:
    ^ This happened to me on Friday night.  Clicked go to checkout, and it sent me to the shop home page with an empty cart.  Spent over an hour filling my cart.  BL parts are much cheaper anyway, so I dont know why I was on B&P in the first place.
    There is some sort of timeout on B&P service page. It happens to me all of the time. Either it times out saying my session was inactive for x amount of time, or it just does the disappearing order trick, OR the cart turns empty (B&P order disappears) as Im checking out (was in the cart, but after entering payment info it is removed from the cart). I'm not sure if CS has an issue with the site, or it is a happy accident for LEGO that the B&P site times out for those making large lists of parts to buy  (thereby maybe it is to try to dissuade those from trying to make large purchases to then resell parts)
    ^In my experience it actually has to do with cookies, and not the yummy kind. Delete your cookies and browsing history and try again. It kept happening to me last fall and I did that trick and it worked fine. Just my experience, mind you.

But yes, there is a time out on the page, but it comes up as your session has been inactive. The times when it just goes straight to Shop at Home, it has been cookie linked.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    This has happened to me to.  My fix is to add one brick to my B&P basket, then checkout (sometimes this fails but it's super quick to do obviously).  Once sitting in your regular store basket you can click on B&P and add more bricks - I then fill my boots in B&P and then checkout again.  It updates the cart with your new order. Doing it like this has never failed for me, but I have never had it fail during the checkout as some people above state or while in B&P (other than when being inactive for a long time) so your mileage might be different.
    martyn
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,566
    I have  6 of those shield  parts in two sealed  #44027 . If anyone  is  Interested  in buying  just shoot me  a pm