Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 101
    ^the chance of getting still ain't changed lol
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Actually, it's gotten far far worse for the people originally included
    johnhenz
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,523
    The North Koreans will be laughing at those Southerners that have no chance of winning.
    BumblepantsBrickDancerFarmer_John
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,454
    Drax.jpg 158.9K
    BumblepantsAdeelZubairSumoLegoOmastarMandalorian_BuilderSprinkleOtter
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    edited April 2015
    @Solarious - I don't think the odds have changed.  The updated information that was linked to stated that there would be two concurrent prize giveaways going on.  I would interpret that as one for North America and one for the rest of the world, although it wasn't explicit.   The no purchase necessary clause in North America will change the odds for anyone willing to send an email everyday, rather than actually having to BUY something from Lego.   Makes it less likely that purchasing anything will matter.  
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited June 2015
    Anyone have an idea what the part number is for the part in the yellow circle on the attached image of the Bat-Pod? It looks like it could be a new part...

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    And are the parts mostly Dark Bley instead of Black?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    There appears to be an even mix of black, dark gray and light gray.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    Anyone have an idea what the part number is for the part in the yellow circle on the attached image of the Bat-Pod? It looks like it could be a new part...
    Brick 4x4 W. Bow in dark bley, by the looks of it.
    edited June 2015
    Found it...it's part #4250256. Whoop!!

• AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,702
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,431
    If I win one, maybe I'll trade it for Mr. Gold.
    xiahna
    Ouch! I just checked Bricklink and Ebay and Mr Gold is going for over £1,000!
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 855
    Still? Pssh I'm totally satisfied with my custom mister gold. LOL
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 969
    Next they need a Mrs. Gold...
    xiahna
    ^"And Here We Go!"
    xiahna
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    No, no Mrs. Gold, Baby Gold, Cousin Gold...

No, no.  
    xiahna
    I'd be cool with that if Lego didn't make it a limited exclusive release :-D
    @Drmnez - Which seller did you purchase your Mr. Gold custom from? How much was he.. if you don't mind me asking?
    Ummm... I have to check. Try to. It was off of eBay sold the time when the real ones cost started to sky rocket. I want to say I paid around $20 usd when I bought because everyone was still hopefully to score a real one.
    Checkout this link http://ebay.us/6psA5V its cheap but the one I bought everything is that "gold chrome" finish. This one looks like the hat and cane are the pearl color
    ^ That one doesn't look too bad. The others I saw were all over $50 but they look to have the gold chrome hat and staff too. 

Thanks for the info.
    edited June 2015
    When this thread was first started, I was surprised to see the Bat-Pod in three colors (black, dark gray, and light gray). I figured it was due to TLG trying to minimize new part colors; however, upon closer inspection I found that the Bat-Pod does include these colors and TLG's design is close in that respect.

Something about the Bat-Pod not being completely black bothers me, so once the Bat-Pod instructions are made available I am planning to try and build it using black-only parts. Some of the parts are very rare in black, so we'll see how it goes. But when it comes to Batman sets, as Batman says in The Lego Movie: "I only work in black!"

To that point, here's a recreation of the Tumbler vehicle from The Bat vs. Bane Tumbler Chase #76001 in black:

GothamConstructionCo
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,312
    ^ But sometimes he works in very, very, very dark grey ;)
    Farmer_JohnDrmnezTXLegoguygmonkey76beemoVorpalRyuchuckpLegoboy
    ^Touché!
    Here's the front view of the Bat-Pod for those wanting to identify pieces before there's a run on them once the instructions come out.

SumoLegoDrmnezTXLegoguyPitfall69AdeelZubairGothamConstructionCoSethro3chuckp
  • yg77yg77 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2015
    any idea which tires those are?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,659
    @yg77 same as the tumbler front tires
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Here's the front view of the Bat-Pod for those wanting to identify pieces before there's a run on them once the instructions come out.

This is as sexy as Lego comes.  That thing screams "Beast"
    AdeelZubairSumoLegoGothamConstructionCo
    I'd assume the sales of the Tumbler are pretty robust.  Not sure why they need to torture us with limiting the production of this set!
    DrmnezAdeelZubair
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    SumoLego said:
    I'd assume the sales of the Tumbler are pretty robust.  Not sure why they need to torture us with limiting the production of this set!
    Do you want to know why? Because some companies aren't looking for anything logical, like money. Some companies just want to watch the world burn. (Thought it was appropriate given the nature of the thread :smiley: )
    AdeelZubairFarmer_JohnSumoLego
    chuckp said:
    SumoLego said:
    Do you want to know why? Because some companies aren't looking for anything logical, like money. Some companies just want to watch the world burn. (Thought it was appropriate given the nature of the thread :smiley: )
    "Some companies just want to watch your 'wallet' burn!" :)
    SumoLegochuckp
    edited June 2015
    Is it just me or does the way the Bat-Pod turns in the movie bother anyone else? When those wheels flip around with the guns hitting the road, I'm thinking..."yeah right...Batman would be picking gravel out of his tights for the next year!" But then again, I grew up watching Batman use "shark repellant" on a shark that had him on the leg up to his thigh.
    It really bothered me too, in the sense that it is not physically possible for the wheels to do that and the vehicle to keep stable in any sense. Instantly raised eyebrows when that part happened, but was in the middle of being awestruck by it all as a whole that the Tumbler can disassemble like that.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited June 2015
    (disregard)
    edited June 2015
    imagebatman shark" /> What's not believable about this?
    Farmer_Johnchuckpxiahna
    That is a well-trained shark.
    xiahna
    (Why have the posting options changed again? No emoticons, different scheme to post pictures). Grrrr....
    ^ This is why @Huw us not allowed to vacation.
    Pitfall69AdeelZubairCapnRex101Bumblepants
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,118
    Farmer_JohnWatfordScottyM
    ^ Show-off!!
    I know Fonzie 'jumped the shark', but this just as ridiculous.
    xiahna
    The transformation into the Bat-Pod was cool but they couldn't get the bike to actually work so they had a truck drag it around.
    ^If I had to choose between the Tumbler and the Bat-Pod, it's the Tumbler for me. The ability to drive on rooftops is the key decision-maker. I can see that really coming in handy during rush-hour.
    GothamConstructionCokhmellymel
    1265 said:
    This is why actors must get paid so much money. Imagine going home after a day of filming and your wife asking you what you did all day. "Well it was a tough day, Honey! I was filmed attempting to beat a fake shark off of my leg while suspended from a rope ladder. When that didn't work, I had to go to Plan B: Shark Repellent. Almost didn't make it home in one piece! Anyway, what's for dinner?"
    xiahna
    edited June 2015
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/18367999794/in/dateposted-public/ My son made a Lego Bat-Pod back in 2012. I hope this link to Flickr works as I don't think we can do video here.
    BrickDancerFarmer_JohnAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCoCapnRex101
  • drscottypavarottidrscottypavarotti United KingdomMember Posts: 14
    Hi.  I'm based in the UK and so thought I would pick up a DC Heroes set this month to enter into the competition.  I ordered a DC set direct from LEGO, logged in with my VIP id, but I didn't get any confirmation of being entered into the draw to win a bat-pod.  Has anyone else in Europe been through this process and got any kind of confirmation about the bat-pod offer?
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 237
    I entered via purchase and email, never got any confirmation either way.
    edited June 2015
    No confirmations here so far either @drscottypavarotti. I figure TLG is still trying to learn how to properly use Email and the Internet.
    CapnRex101xiahna
    Yeah...I read somewhere that there are no confirmations.  But you're good if you made your purchase through your VIP account.