Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• 12651265 Member Posts: 1,110
    ^Are you whining about people whining?
    In today's society, it's all about whining about getting freebies?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego Member Posts: 15,152
    Is that the same as liking the Yankees, but hating their fans?
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy Member Posts: 315
    A hub and tire are about $13 through the replacement parts section, so a pair would be $26 plus shipping. I'd do $24 for a pair (2 hubs and 2 tires) shipped to the US. 
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John Member Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2015
    @SumoLego - I still can't find it, and it's probably right in front of my face. Can you provide a link? Thanks...

(Edit) - Never mind...just found it. Thanks.
    It's not in the usual Pick-a-Brick, it's in the 'special' section.

https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts#WhatProduct

Just pop in the set number and scroll down.  I found the element number from the Tumbler instruction manual doesn't work.
    Farmer_John
  • DrmnezDrmnez Member Posts: 855
    Yes we are just nervous that since we haven't heard anything we might not get anything. Has anyone contact Lego CS and received any useful news?
  • Russell844Russell844 Member Posts: 2,338
    Sorry @Farmer_John I just got home. From a previous post, I ordered:
    6x 4623002 for $2.10
    2x 6084656 tires for $22.04
    2x 6078892 wheels for $3.50
    Plus tax and shipping.
    LegoboySumoLegoFarmer_John
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Member Posts: 3,639
    1265 said:
    ^Are you whining about people whining?
    In today's society, it's all about whining about getting freebies?
     Well it wasn't about the freebie per se (I'm not a winner so no skin in the game either way). And I definitely know what you mean about the current cultural belly aching.

It's more so just the observation that plenty of folks get annoyed at the 'whiners', which is understandable. I see it all the time and about everything under the sun, on every news thread of any type. But it's the irony that makes it amusing. The first party has a grievance about something, sometimes legitimately or sometime not. But it's a real concern from that individual, which is their right to have. While the second party is grated simply by the first persons response, but usually no further reason to it. If judged objectively, the second party would most likely be wrong from any angle you can take.
    Goldchains
    Although I'm having problems getting Lego to do something as simple as sending me the correct SW poster with my order, I am 100% confident that the winners will get their Bat-Pod. Again, Lego is most likely aggregating all the winner's names and addresses so they can send everything out at once. Think about it...it would be kind of insane trying to manage sending the sets out in a nickel and dime fashion. And with people still getting emails as recently as last week, I would expect TLG is still in the process of pulling everything together. It's all good...
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam Member Posts: 563
    I don't see how that's relevant.  They ship something somewhere every day and manage just fine.  I don't see how they could be saving money by shipping everything all at once.  All of these are going to different locations.  They have contract with a shipping company based on the number of boxes going out.  I'm thinking there's other reason.  There maybe rules (i.e. laws) about having a complete list of winners before prizes can be awarded, or some similar reason.
  • LegoboyLegoboy Member Posts: 8,825
    ^ It's possible they have a dedicated contract with a more trusting courier to deal with the special assignments.  One contract to send out 'x' packages is cheaper than 'x' sent out individually, regardless of numerous destinations.  No idea really, but just a thought. 
    edited September 2015
    I don't see how that's relevant.  They ship something somewhere every day and manage just fine.  I don't see how they could be saving money by shipping everything all at once.  All of these are going to different locations.  They have contract with a shipping company based on the number of boxes going out.  I'm thinking there's other reason.  There maybe rules (i.e. laws) about having a complete list of winners before prizes can be awarded, or some similar reason.
    I think it is very relevant, and I didn't say anything about the cost of shipping. I do believe it has everything to do with minimizing mistakes, which is where my comment regarding finalizing the winner's list came from. There was/is a lot of publicity for Lego centered around this Bat-Pod giveaway, unlike merely shipping [email protected] orders to you or me. It's extremely visible and they want to do it right. Sending the winner's sets out piecemeal would be a loony way of managing this contest. And while I can't get TLG to send me the correct SW poster, I'm sure they know what they're doing regarding the distribution of the winner's Bat-Pods.

My point was: The winner's shouldn't sweat it.
    I check the Ambassador site daily, and no one is bringing this up. No one seems worried enough to bring it up there.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva Member Posts: 542
    Since we didn't win, my boys built their own Bat-pod using Chima ripcord wheels so the thing blazes across our linoleum kitchen. Frustration into Inspiration! :-)
    CCCkiki180703Rainstorm26
    I check the Ambassador site daily, and no one is bringing this up. No one seems worried enough to bring it up there.
    Yeah...nothing to worry about. Just be patient.

Since we didn't win, my boys built their own Bat-pod using Chima ripcord wheels so the thing blazes across our linoleum kitchen. Frustration into Inspiration! :-)

Pictures/videos please... :-)
  • ArkadeusArkadeus Member Posts: 6
    Also got a provisional winner email back on the 31st but no confirmation yet. 
    Communication received! I got this email today.
    Ha ha. So do I. :P
    SumoLego
    edited September 2015
    The news is that TLG is now shipping out the Bat-Pods from Connecticut. Anyone else heard this?
    jaitheartist
  • jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    I just got email notification that something from Lego was shipped FedEx. Since I haven't bought anything recently, this must be it! Woo! 
    SirBen
  • FuddruckusFuddruckus Member Posts: 39
    It's happening!

• DawnDawn Member Posts: 237
    Got mine too :)
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam Member Posts: 563
    Just check my email and I got one too.  Looks like next Thursday for me.
    I promptly replied with a physical address. I should have my tracking info soon. Woohoo!
  • DawnDawn Member Posts: 237
    Best news is that they are not using SmartPost, no USPS handling :D
  • LegoboyLegoboy Member Posts: 8,825
    Great, I got my shipment notification today also re my Bat-Pod..........wheels and tyres.  :)
  • GreenlanternGreenlantern Member Posts: 11
    ME TOO!
  • supervir2supervir2 Member Posts: 25
    Shipment notification here too *squee*

no official email though, but I figured it had to be the pod since I don't have any recent orders and these posts confirm that.
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 178
    Got a FedEx email too! :)
  • Cemetary_ManCemetary_Man Member Posts: 7
    Have any winners from Canada receive a shipping notice yet? I haven't. 
  • addemlitaddemlit Member Posts: 118
    I got an update too about the shipment. So excited
    i got shipping info as well. I hope its the batpod
  • Rebrick37112Rebrick37112 Member Posts: 8
    Got a Fed Ex tracking number today from Lego, should be here next Tuesday. 
  • ARo2891ARo2891 Member Posts: 114
    wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh (jealousy grows)
    SumoLego
    edited September 2015
    Sour grapes, sour grapes.

Part of me hopes you all get a Bat-Pod sized box with a folded Episode I poster.
    Farmer_JohnARo2891kiki180703GoldchainsLegoboyAdeelZubairkhmellymel
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 Member Posts: 1,813
    Got my notice looks like Tuesday for me
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Member Posts: 3,639
    ^^I would still be jealous of that Episode I poster :(
    Farmer_JohnSumoLegoGoldchainsLegoboyAdeelZubair
    edited September 2015
    SumoLego said:
    Sour grapes, sour grapes.

Part of me hopes you all get a Bat-Pod sized box with a folded Episode I poster.

^^I would still be jealous of that Episode I poster :(
    Don't get me started on the SW Episode 1 poster! I now have enough Episode 4 posters to wallpaper my bedroom.
    kiki180703SumoLegoLegoboy
    I have a bunch of Lego Sports NBA promo posters if you want to alleviate yourself of some of that wallpaper...
    And a few promo Lego Movie and SW Droid posters as well...
  • adougl5adougl5 Member Posts: 4
    I got my FedEx Shipment Notification e-mail at 8:00 PM ET tonight.

The anticipated ship date was today, and it's estimated to arrive by tomorrow!

I don't know how accurate that is considering the only update I've received is that the shipment information was sent to FedEx at 3:06 PM ET today.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. *fingers crossed* :-P
    ^Pictures please...at least of the sealed box.
    edited September 2015
    If mine comes in I'll post pics. **I can't believe I am at ends about opening the box... I feel like a let down lol
  • SirBenSirBen Member Posts: 589
    I also received a FedEx Shipment Notification, with an estimated delivery date of 9/15!
    I'm going to FedEx myself something, just so I can wait in anticipation.

It'll just have a folded Lego Episode 1 poster.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Received an e-mail as well. Very cool.
  • adougl5adougl5 Member Posts: 4
    ^Pictures please...at least of the sealed box.
    Will do, though I plan on keeping mine sealed for the time being.
    SumoLego said:
    I'm going to FedEx myself something, just so I can wait in anticipation.

It'll just have a folded Lego Episode 1 poster.
    @SumoLego - I could FedEx you a sealed TH for a couple of sealed FWs.  Would that help?  ;-)
    SumoLego
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Member Posts: 1,060
    edited September 2015
    What is fw?