Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Traditional vehicles

BritcomBritcom Member Posts: 28
I am at the point of wanting to add some vehicles to my layout, but with so many to choose where do you start.

What is your favourite tradional four-stud wide vehicle?

Comments

• jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 67
    Hi Britcom,

I'm going to be biased, but my favourite ones from my collection are

6627: Convertible

6694: Car with Camper

Both of the vehicles from 6382: Fire Station

6682: Cement Mixer

VorpalRyuBritcom
  • BritcomBritcom Member Posts: 28
    Some nice vehicles there. I especially like the car with camper and the cement mixer
    They're now on my list
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 870
    #6361 Mobile Crane was always one of my favourites as a kid, I still have it and prefer it to any of the 6- and 8- wide cranes in recent construction sets.
    madforLEGO
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,150
    Apart from #6627 & #6694, from my collection, I would suggest #6653, #6675, #6677, #6680 & #6681
    Britcomjason1976xiahna
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192

You can't exactly call it "traditional," but Emmet's car from the Double-Decker Couch (or #3177, the one it's based on) is one of a handful of modern four-wides, and I'm a big fan of that one. Swap out the wheels and replace the curved parts with flat plates and tiles and it could easily fit in with cars from the '80s and early '90s.

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,019
    I like the taxi from the current train station. It's a true winner through and through.
    BritcomMordoor
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I really like the little VW van from the City Garage set.
    VorpalRyu said:
    Apart from #6627 & #6694, from my collection, I would suggest #6653, #6675, #6677, #6680 & #6681
    I remember these from my childhood and had most of them. Its amazing how all the memories come back when you see the pictures. If it wasn't for my 'Dark Ages' i would still have all these now. Adolescence has a lot to answer for!
    jason1976
    I like the taxi from the current train station. It's a true winner through and through.
    I do quite like this taxi too, but for me it looks odd due to the wheels. They just seem too big for the vehicle. It seems to be a growing trend now for modern cars to have over-sized wheels.
  • jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 67
    Britcom said:
    VorpalRyu said:
    I remember these from my childhood and had most of them. Its amazing how all the memories come back when you see the pictures. If it wasn't for my 'Dark Ages' i would still have all these now. Adolescence has a lot to answer for!
    This has reminded me that I had #6653, #6680 and #6681 too - next time I go to my parents there will be a trip to the attic to hunt out lego!
    Britcom