Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Predictions on Discontinuing Sets and their Secondary Market Value

Comments

• Koolbrix2018Koolbrix2018 North CarolinaMember Posts: 47
    edited May 14
    I'm personally very interested in seeing what modulars will retire this year, if any. I definitely think that the Assembly Square will, but am unsure if any others will (I don't imagine they may.) The Downtown Diner could potentially retire as it would have been out 3 years (like Brick Bank), but it does seem more popular than the Brick Bank. The Corner Garage retiring is what interests me though, as (since its not exactly the most popular modular) I'm thinking it might retire next year? If it retired this year, that would seem way too short. By the way, its great to hear what Brickfanz reported from TLG saying sets (hopefully) won't retire early.  
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    edited May 14
    I could see assembly square sticking around for a while and the corner garage going. AS reminds me more of the Parisian Restaurant in that it seems to be a popular modular and it is a great starting point for lots of people. The garage kind of sucks.
    FollowsClosely
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 176
    I really hope they don't retire Assembly Square yet as I really would like to get it.  I managed to grab the Parisian Restaurant during Black Friday deals last year.  My wish list of large, pricey sets is getting longer by the day so I need to start prioritizing.   I'm thinking that Assembly Square should be my next big purchase.  But I need all the new Harry Potter & I'm really liking at least two of the three new Creator 3 in 1 sets.  Want the Haunted House coming too and then there is always the next Winter Village set.  Not to mention the next batch of Ideas sets.  Good thing I don't go for the Large Star Wars sets although I'm tempted by the Razorcrest.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,808
    karrit said:
    I really hope they don't retire Assembly Square yet as I really would like to get it.  I managed to grab the Parisian Restaurant during Black Friday deals last year.  My wish list of large, pricey sets is getting longer by the day so I need to start prioritizing.   I'm thinking that Assembly Square should be my next big purchase.  But I need all the new Harry Potter & I'm really liking at least two of the three new Creator 3 in 1 sets.  Want the Haunted House coming too and then there is always the next Winter Village set.  Not to mention the next batch of Ideas sets.  Good thing I don't go for the Large Star Wars sets although I'm tempted by the Razorcrest.

Yeah, this year will be expensive for some. I'm just holding out hope that there will be a lot of sales for the remainder of the year, at least at 20% off (hopefully more like 30-40%), for stores trying to get people back to consuming after all of this shutdown stuff. Though I think Assembly Square is a goner. Especially if appears for sale around Christmas at LEGO.com. The garage has been out for one year I think, and a corner building(for what that is worth), so I think it is around for at least another year, if not several.
    gmonkey76
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 176
    While I like the idea of the Corner building that is the Garage I really am not interested in purchasing it.  Maybe at a super duper low sale price but there are plenty of other sets I'd rather purchase.  I ended up buying the Chinese New Year sets just because they had so many interesting pieces in them. I guess next Double points I will go for Assembly Square if it comes back in stock or available on backorder.  Noticed that my two not really local Lego Stores are both showing they have the Bookstore in stock but without access to PAB/BAM it isn't really worth it for me trying to go to either store at this time just to do curbside pick-up.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    autolycus said:
    Brickfanz posted an announcement from Lego about availability and retirements

While COVID has created a very dynamic and uncertain environment, at this stage it hasn’t impacted decisions about when to retire products

My fear is this. Set xxxxx is set to retire date x, and is currently out of stock. Date x has passed, and the factory is closed/set is still out of stock. Set is now retired without being restocked, and covid didn't effect the date, it just never came back into stock.
    garethjedwardsmadforLEGOautolycusKungFuKennywindjammer
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 473
    gmonkey76 said:
    autolycus said:
    Brickfanz posted an announcement from Lego about availability and retirements

While COVID has created a very dynamic and uncertain environment, at this stage it hasn’t impacted decisions about when to retire products

My fear is this. Set xxxxx is set to retire date x, and is currently out of stock. Date x has passed, and the factory is closed/set is still out of stock. Set is now retired without being restocked, and covid didn't effect the date, it just never came back into stock.
    yeah, although I've said it a little differently, this has been my fear. I've been referring to a fear that certain sets are "retired early", but really meant that they just won't ever be back in stock before their actual "retirement date".
    gmonkey76
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    I guess a lot of this depends on how much designing / planning is being done during lockdown. If new sets are delayed in the planning / production phases then existing sets might last beyond their originally planned retirement dates.
  • Koolbrix2018Koolbrix2018 North CarolinaMember Posts: 47
    edited May 17
    @karrit:
    I should have mentioned that a couple days ago, I literally just finished building the Assembly Square after having it in my backlog for a few months. It was an absolutely incredible build, and is definitely in my top sets of all time. I hope you can get it before it retires, because it is insanely fun to build and display (at least for me). Now I just need to track down the older ones as well as getting the Diner, Garage, and Bookshop! 
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 702
    When did set #75222 Betrayal at Cloud City retire? I totally missed this...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,321
    wardm said:
    When did set #75222 Betrayal at Cloud City retire? I totally missed this...
    Just last month in europe, apparently.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,902
    edited June 7
    So has anyone seen brickeconomy.com? Stumbled across it today researching some old Bionicle sets. Similar to Brickpicker but without the forum. What's interesting is that it does give quick take on price evaluation for retired sets against retail and measuring annual growth. Claims that set pricing is derived from AI and ML practices. 

But they are inaccurat etoo. Check out Upside Down. It's not retired. https://www.brickeconomy.com/lego/set/75810-1/lego-stranger-things-the-upside-down
  • hasthesaucehasthesauce MissouriMember Posts: 7
    prevere said:
    So has anyone seen brickeconomy.com?
    But they are inaccurat etoo. Check out Upside Down. It's not retired. https://www.brickeconomy.com/lego/set/75810-1/lego-stranger-things-the-upside-down

Looks like they already corrected the error you noticed. Stumbled upon brickeconomy last year and recall that it was in beta mode. I'm sure they still have some little things to iron out.

But yeah, its essentially a stock ticker for the Lego aftermarket. I like it more than the Bricklink price guide, as it goes back much farther than 6 months, and presents the data with a visual chart, not just a bunch of numbers. If Bricklink XP does away with the Price Guide, then Brickeconomy will become a priceless asset for selling retired Lego sets.

---

In other news, anyone else notice the spike in aftermarket Lego sales that COVID has caused? Not hearing much talk about it. Figured it'd take a few years for #75222 and #21309 to grow past MSRP, yet in 6 months they are both up $100. #75261 has doubled in value and blown through its inventory in just 6 months.

It seems as if demand is beginning to decline now that most countries have reopened. However, will the market value of in-demand sets deflate back down as well? I'm assuming most NIB sets bought during the shutdown were bought to be opened and played with, not as investments to be kept NIB. Therefore, there may be a serious scarcity of NIB inventory for sets that have only been retired a few years.

To those that have been doing this a while, do you think this is a bubble, and that now is the time to sell, or do you expect prices to remain about where they are and continue to grow? I've been looking to buy #21311 used, but am debating whether to buy now or wait and see if prices decline.
    tomahawkerprevere
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 259
    I think it's most definitely a bubble, and one that has already burst with shops reopening, people going back to work and, albeit a very limited number, of kids going back to school. If you're looking to sell, I'm afraid you're already too late to make the most of a spike in demand. Whether or not that means the value of recently retired sets stays as high as they are now remains to be seen - personally I think they will as sellers will have cleared out quick, and as a result I don't think there'll be a huge amount of stock left in the pool, so getting hold of a sealed #21309, to take it as an example, will be a lot more difficult and expensive now than it was 3 months ago.
    On the flip side, I'm pretty sure everyone's spent out. With less money coming in, more money going out, lockdown will have had a huge effect on people's finances. This could well mean that sets about to retire struggle to increase in value, and anything remaining on stores shelves and in warehouses may need to be discounted more heavily than usual, though again the surge in demand through lockdown may negate this.
    What I'm basically trying to say is....it's anyone's guess!
    SumoLegoKungFuKennyjnscoelhogmonkey76flightrisk
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,902
    Im really curious what impact good or bad this crazy spring will have on Q4 leading up to Xmas.
    BumblepantsKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,335
    edited June 20
    DB361 said:

prevere said:
    Im really curious what impact good or bad this crazy spring will have on Q4 leading up to Xmas.
    Agreed- If someone could do a quick financial analysis of the impact of a global pandemic on the sale of retired LEGO it would be quite interesting!  From my own experience, things seem to be cooling off- I sold almost $3K through late May, and during that period it felt like people were buying almost any retired set I listed at substantially higher prices than even 3-4 months ago.  Star Wars UCS sets were the hottest seller for me. The last month (on eBay anyway) seems slower.  I’m worn out, so a break sounds good to me right now!
    AstrobricksmadforLEGOgmonkey76preverePapaBear
    Yeah Parisian Restaurants were selling for a (IMO) crazy amount despite only recently being discontinued...
    Would be interesting.. I guess we need more..... pandemics? to build up the secondary markets (Sadly I know of people who probably would seriously want that just to drive up prices).
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • lkliment2lkliment2 ChicagoMember Posts: 146
    DB361 said:
    I think it's most definitely a bubble, and one that has already burst with shops reopening, people going back to work and, albeit a very limited number, of kids going back to school. If you're looking to sell, I'm afraid you're already too late to make the most of a spike in demand. Whether or not that means the value of recently retired sets stays as high as they are now remains to be seen - personally I think they will as sellers will have cleared out quick, and as a result I don't think there'll be a huge amount of stock left in the pool, so getting hold of a sealed #21309, to take it as an example, will be a lot more difficult and expensive now than it was 3 months ago.
    On the flip side, I'm pretty sure everyone's spent out. With less money coming in, more money going out, lockdown will have had a huge effect on people's finances. This could well mean that sets about to retire struggle to increase in value, and anything remaining on stores shelves and in warehouses may need to be discounted more heavily than usual, though again the surge in demand through lockdown may negate this.
    I am inclined to disagree. As with real stocks, barring some type of extraordinary circumstance (a pandemic for example), people are not eager to let investments go for less than they paid. I think the Lego market is no different. Of course it will taper off and as with everything there are exceptions, but for the part I think sets that have spiked will remain pretty pricey. Again, though, exceptions apply. 
    flightrisk
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 532
    Awhile back I mentioned following figures, one of the figures I picked up was Max Rebo. Since then he has gone up about $20 USD. Other notable figures include Ahsoka Tano (Adult) and Captain Rex (Phase 2). Both have increase significantly in the past 6-8 months. I was curious so I looked at some other figures and noticed a Resistance fighter than only appeared in the resistance bomber as well as Zeb Orellios who only appeared in the Ghost. My suspicions are definitely being confirmed. The low-Demand sets that are seemingly overpriced or just higher priced sets that hold unique figures are good targets for speculation. The only exception seems to be the Captain Rex Phase 2 which is from a really old set on a unique figure so I somewhat understand.

Moving forward I will be watching the 332nd Clone troopers (from #75283), if we go a year and only see them in the AAT set this will be a great candidate as people will want them in larger quantities but not want to pay $40 for the set. I would expect to pay 10-15 for these. I also will watch (literally and figuratively) the Mandalorian closely, I would expect to see some sets this upcoming year that will get overlooked due to their price.
    flightrisk
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 159
    edited June 21
    A little over a year ago my family decided it was time I sold off some LEGO and stop buying for a while.  It was hard, but I did it.  I let loose of a ton of sets.  Best decision I made was to let them do the selling.  After about three months of good profits, all their opinions changed.  Now I’m being told to buy more.  They don’t mind all the LEGO and boxes now.  I caught the two youngest speculating on the Hoilday season coming up.   I’m so proud.   
    The Mexico factory is still not pushing out any decent sized sets though.   When they do start getting them out for purchase, it’s probably only going to be one/two per for a while.  But I do think exclusive or hard to find larger LEGO sets will be a hot commodity this late fall.  I don’t think LEGO can catch up.  Speculating on what sets to get isn’t hard when there’s hardly any for sale.  Maybe that will change soon.   
     I doubt Black Friday will be anything like last year, if they even have one.   
    SumoLegoAstrobricksgmonkey76Tkattprevere
    Agreed- If someone could do a quick financial analysis of the impact of a global pandemic on the sale of retired LEGO it would be quite interesting!  From my own experience, things seem to be cooling off- I sold almost $3K through late May, and during that period it felt like people were buying almost any retired set I listed at substantially higher prices than even 3-4 months ago.  Star Wars UCS sets were the hottest seller for me.

Best thing to do right now is go thru Bricklink price history and see what "temporarily out of stock" (but not yet retired) sets sold for during the pandemic. As someone pointed out earlier, its a great sneak peak into the future on which sets still available now will be in high demand once they retire. COVID confirmed that it doesn't matter how many #71040 or #75192 are in stock on BL: they were be in serious demand once they are retired (Whenever that is).

And congrats on taking advantage of the seller's market. I only began investing in sealed sets this Winter, so I didn't have enough inventory to take advantage of this bubble. I didn't want to sell my only #75261 in May for a 400% return on investment when I could sell in a year or two for a potential 600% return. Especially since there is currently no Lego available rn or discounted rn for me to re-invest that money into.

Jackad7 said:
    Moving forward I will be watching the 332nd Clone troopers (from #75283).

#75283 will be a great minifig set, and surely will be a great investment. I predict that this will be the only set to feature 332nd troopers with the Ahsoka face paint (otherwise, they would be including them in #75280). I'm sure that within a year or two there will be an opportunity to buy this set discounted as well.

The Mexico factory is still not pushing out any decent sized sets though.   When they do start getting them out for purchase, it’s probably only going to be one/two per for a while.  But I do think exclusive or hard to find larger LEGO sets will be a hot commodity this late fall.  I don’t think LEGO can catch up.  Speculating on what sets to get isn’t hard when there’s hardly any for sale.  Maybe that will change soon.   
     I doubt Black Friday will be anything like last year, if they even have one.   

Seeing that there were no discounts for May the 4th, I agree that 2020 Black Friday will not be comparable to 2019's (between Lego.com and Amazon.com, boy did we get blessed during BL2019!!). The global shutdown happened before TLG even had a chance to build its inventory back up after the 2019 holiday season. #75810, #10261, and #75192 are on month 7 of being temporarily sold out or backordered. Therefore, I doubt TLG will have enough inventory this Winter that they could justify any solid deals on their Exclusive sets.

So many factors to watch in the market right now. A bubble in the secondary market. Nothing discounted or available in the primary market. TLG confirming that the shortage will not offset the dates that sets will retire. A down-spiraling global economy. TLG rebuilding Bricklink to appeal to a new demographic of buyers (a future boom in demand for sealed retired sets that are already scarce due to the COVID bubble??).

^^Consider this a technical analysis on the 2020 Lego aftermarket. Make your own conclusions based on it. I'm just some goofball on the internet trying to outperform his stock portfolio by flipping kid's toys, lol.

560HeliportKungFuKennyprevere
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,272
    I wouldn’t be certain that the 332nd troopers won’t feature again. TLG has a pretty good track record of taking minifigs from higher value sets in the Summer or Autumn/Fall waves of one year and releasing a battle pack for them in the next Winter/Spring waves. Such as:
    • Sith Trooper from Kylo Ren’s Shuttle vs Sith Trooper Battle Pack
    • Elite Praetorian Guards in Snoke’s Throne Room vs Battle Pack (albeit normal legs)
    • Death Troopers in Krennic’s Shuttle vs Battle Pack (minus pauldron)
    • Flame Troopers in First Order Transporter or Resistance X-Wing vs FO Battle Pack
    • (Loosely) Rebel troopers in first Rogue One wave vs Rebel Battle Pack
    I could be proven wrong but if TLG were looking for a desirable battle pack in 2021 a 332nd trooper version seems like a good idea. Otherwise what would they do? Maybe some of Jannah’s clan from Episode IX? I suppose another Imperial one based on the Mandalorian (particularly with Season 2 coming) might be more likely.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,151
    Perhaps a Scout Trooper Target-Practice Battle Pack?

Complete w/the Child in a sack?
    gmonkey76Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,519
    SumoLego said:

nO! lEgO aNd DiSnEy ArE pRoMoTiNg AbUsE!1!!! bad guys can't do bad things in movies that would be bad!!
    560HeliportpxchrisJackad7bpk2300

And congrats on taking advantage of the seller's market. I only began investing in sealed sets this Winter, so I didn't have enough inventory to take advantage of this bubble. I didn't want to sell my only #75261 in May for a 400% return on investment when I could sell in a year or two for a potential 600% return. Especially since there is currently no Lego available rn or discounted rn for me to re-invest that money into.

I'd take the 400% now and be ready to invest the returns into sets that get discounted before retirement. Getting from 5x to 7x RRP can be a slow process after an initial rush, whereas reinvesting into a set about to be retired that is likely to get a rapid increase once retired is much easier. After all, you only need a 40% RoI on the new ones to match it.
    hasthesauce said:   TLG confirming that the shortage will not offset the dates that sets will retire. 
    What!?  When!?  Where!?   Since I’m on a roll... Why?   Any chance you have a link to that information?   Thanks in advance. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,151
    SumoLego said:

nO! lEgO aNd DiSnEy ArE pRoMoTiNg AbUsE!1!!! bad guys can't do bad things in movies that would be bad!!
    Abuse a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,344
    edited June 24
    hasthesauce said:   TLG confirming that the shortage will not offset the dates that sets will retire. 
    What!?  When!?  Where!?   Since I’m on a roll... Why?   Any chance you have a link to that information?   Thanks in advance. 
    TLG put out a statement in May, which was picked up by the fan site, including Brickset here:

"During the past few months we have seen a strong demand for our products as families and hobbyists turn to building to help them get through this difficult period. As a result, we have been working incredibly hard to make sure that our products are available online, in our stores, and our retail partners’ e-commerce sites.

"We have been fortunate that our factories in Europe and Asia continue to operate. Our factory in Mexico has been closed for the past few weeks after the Mexican government ordered all non-essential manufacturing sites to close while the country focussed on preventing the spread of the virus. We have been using our full global supply chain to ship products to all markets and fulfil orders as much as possible.

"While COVID-19 has created a very dynamic and uncertain environment, at this stage it hasn’t impacted decisions about when to retire products."

As to the "Why?", some considerations I can imagine for TLG to make:
    - Opportunity cost: Do we keep these old sets out for longer than planned, or replace them with "fresh" product that might sell better?
    - Long-term planning: Sets start development/waves are planned years in advance. Any planning changes now can have major knock-on effects for years to come.
    flightriskKerre
    @stlux. Thanks.  I missed that and in turn, missed a couple opportunities.   If they come up again and that’s a big ‘IF’, I hope I won’t miss again.    
    Thanks again for the verification.  I appreciate it. 

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,272
    What!?  When!?  Where!?   Since I’m on a roll... Why...
    ...is Gamora? ;)
    560HeliportSumoLegogmonkey76
    Ok, after giving this new retirement news (new to me anyway) some thought, I’ve decided to take up jogging.  And maybe macrame too.   Anything other than refreshing LEGO.com every ten minutes and seeing nothing change.  If I miss out on sets so be it. *snif*... it will be alright.  Eventually.  It will be OK.   There will be other sets.  I’m only missing #21322 for my personal collection anyway and it will be back.  Pretty sure it will be back.  There’s always taking up gardening.  Watching plants grow even sounds more fun than not buying LEGO.  
    Dang you Covid19!  Dang you!  
    Does anyone have a list of sets that have retired in the past few months? I haven't seen any lists updated in the last 6 months.

The only set that I noticed switch to "Sold Out" recently is #75236.
    Interesting that wasn't out very long. About a year. 
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 449
    Sometimes they don't retire modulars for 2 years in a row.  Typical lifespan of an exclusive is 2 years, but some go for 5 or even 10.  Retirements can be sporadic, but typically well selling or in demand sets won't retire for a long time.  I interpret the message from TLG as them saying they won't prematurely retire sets just because a set has been OOS for a long time from COVID-19.

I could be wrong, but if I was them I would want to restock the majority of the temporarily sold out sets.  There should be a decently built up demand for sets right now and they should sell well when they restock them.  People have noted that there has been a spike in aftermarket sets, but even aftermarket sets that retired almost 10 years ago such as the Black Pearl #4184 have seen a spike in demand.  Once current sets people had on their lists to buy started appearing OOS, they started buying sets they had on their retired list.  They will buy current sets once they come back, but most of them won't pay double MSRP.
    flightrisk
    PapaBear said:
    I interpret the message from TLG as them saying they won't prematurely retire sets just because a set has been OOS for a long time from COVID-19.

Thanks for your interpretation.  I like that better than my interpretation.
       It’s all so confusing.  When I speak to customer service reps they all say there’s nothing to worry about with retirement dates.  Some have even claimed (yes I know - grain of salt) that retirement dates would be pushed back but, that was early on in the pandemic.   Since the LEGO statement came out before anyone knew for certain when the Mexico factory would reopen and since they used the wording ‘at this time’, even if we did have a clue what was going on - it could all still change.  
    All I know for certain is that people are buying up LEGO sets faster than I can click on the link.  And if I do get lucky, there’s no way I’m buying any large set and having it delivered to my house.  The boxes arrive crushed or even worse, it’s not even what I ordered.  In store pick up only.  If the set can even be found.  

A poster on another fan site just acknowledged that sets manufactured mid March from the Mexico factory are trickling back into the U.S. to LL-CA.   No Covid stickers.  
    OK.  Things are looking better.  Some large sets are back.  Assembly Square is available with a limit of 3. Back ordered for 2 months but still, all is not lost.  This is the one set I was afraid would retire without any notice and it didn’t.  Disney Castle and Millenium Falcon are back also at the moment.  
    prevere
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 112
    Now to decide - assembly square or corner garage?
    prevere
  • stevemackstevemack 1567km Drive From BillundMember Posts: 915
    Corner garage only just came out.  I'd go for assembly square if you want both ultimately
    prevereautolycusdpa1KungFuKennyPapaBearshikadimadforLEGOgmonkey76
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    My Haunted House #10273 was shipped last week and I received it yesterday. I ordered the day it came out. Also a pirates of Barracuda Bay #21322 just shipped this week! Things are now slowly coming back...
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    On a separate note and I know this has been discussed at extreme length but what are people’s thoughts on the Tower Bridge #10214 for long term hold? I have someone local willing to pay a bit above retail for this so no fees and zero hassle. I don’t have a ton of interest in building it but don’t want to lose out if things change. Thoughts?
    On a separate note and I know this has been discussed at extreme length but what are people’s thoughts on the Tower Bridge #10214 for long term hold? I have someone local willing to pay a bit above retail for this so no fees and zero hassle. I don’t have a ton of interest in building it but don’t want to lose out if things change. Thoughts?
    If you can make a bit of profit then I'd get rid of it now. There are quite a lot on BL,  and it is a slow seller. I'd take the money and invest it in other current sets. Of course, there might be a slow rise as they slowly get sold off, but there are many out there at about RRP that are not selling. Selling a slower riser is fine if you re-invest in a faster riser.
    flightriskpiratemania7
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Been out of the scene for a while. I stopped buying sets to invest back in 2014 but still have a large stash from that era. Anyone still holding onto their sets from this time? I'm talking about big sets like B-Wings, SSD, Town Halls, Imperial Shuttles, etc.
    PapaBear
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 999
    edited July 2
    lulwut said:
    Been out of the scene for a while. I stopped buying sets to invest back in 2014 but still have a large stash from that era. Anyone still holding onto their sets from this time? I'm talking about big sets like B-Wings, SSD, Town Halls, Imperial Shuttles, etc.
    As of December 2019, all* of my stock has been sold. I unloaded over 150 sets in December alone. I am now 100% out of the business. Actually, I have not purchased a set (personal or resale) since January 2019!

* In April i unloaded the last of my ExoSuit sets. I way over bought that one.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    edited July 2
    @piratemania7 there is a nice modular MOC using parts from the tower bridge if you are more interested in they sort of a build.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-11989/InyongBricks/10214-tower-bridge-alternative-build/
    pharmjod said:
    @piratemania7 there is a nice modular MOC using parts from the tower bridge if you are more interested in they sort of a build.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-11989/InyongBricks/10214-tower-bridge-alternative-build/

From what I heard the model is not very stable though as there is no base plate. Now you can probably add a base plate, but just mentioning it.
    AMuller396
    pharmjod said:

From what I heard the model is not very stable though as there is no base plate. Now you can probably add a base plate, but just mentioning it.
    From the provided link, it would seem there is a baseplate
    lkliment2 said:
    pharmjod said:

From the provided link, it would seem there is a baseplate

So it does, my bad.. Maybe the person I was talking to meant that since the original design was not a building, that it is a bit unstable (even with the base plate).
    lkliment2

So it does, my bad.. Maybe the person I was talking to meant that since the original design was not a building, that it is a bit unstable (even with the base plate).
    Certainly possible! Looks like a cool build.