Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Predictions on Discontinuing Sets and their Secondary Market Value

Comments

• BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Well at say £35 - £40 its an easy flip for quick profits, but I'm holding out for more in this instance.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    I might advertise them on here, see if anyones interested.

I might advertise them on here, see if anyones interested.

PM me with your price ;-)

• TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    21103 showing sold out now at [email protected] U.S.
  • vaspvasp USAMember Posts: 73
    walmart.com is the only option with a limit 5 per order on the 21103. Not sure how long its gonna last. Amazon price is hitting the $50 mark
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    I can't find #21103 at retail on any UK site.
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 815
    ^ You haven't been able to for a while now.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,942
    Newcastle (but it's in Gateshead) branch UK has plenty of DeLoreans in, I was there today.
  • bp10030bp10030 europeMember Posts: 102
    #10228 listed with "sold out" at [email protected] This was fast!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,861
    bp10030 said:

#10228 listed with "sold out" at [email protected] This was fast!

Not really. It came out in 2012 and MF is done. I thought it could go last year. Nice note to everyone else that if you can get one, get it now. My guess is if they are gone they will be gone before Halloween/End of October.
    TXLegoguy
    ^ might mean since it became available again at [email protected] after being TOOS. Not sure though. It will be interesting to see if it really is done. I think it is but I'm surprised by it.
    Dad said:

^ might mean since it became available again at [email protected] after being TOOS. Not sure though. It will be interesting to see if it really is done. I think it is but I'm surprised by it.

I was told last week by [email protected] that they were holding back stock so that they didn't run out prior to Halloween. Not sure if this is actually true right now, but seems plausible.

Newcastle (but it's in Gateshead) branch UK has plenty of DeLoreans in, I was there today.

Its a shame my team Barrow AFC arn't in Gatesheads FC's league right now - it would have been a good excuse to stay off the beer and get some stock. Always love the Gateshead/Newcastle/Sunderland banter. Kinda glad I got my Delorean from Amazon.com when they were $27.99, although they seem to have stopped shipping to the UK for pretty much everything at the moment. Just need to win the lottery and get a life size Delorean now :-)

• SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    It does say temporarily out of stock on [email protected]

Did it say sold out before?
    ^ It was TOOS for weeks then available for a few days with an expected ship date beginning of October and now it says SO.
    Its says TOOS for me?
    TOOS for me too (I assume we're all talking UK here). Shocked by the condition of Newcastle's one and only SSD box the other day. Looked like it had been kicked along a street in the rain. Some of the boxes really don't look like they've been well looked after in there.
    Says sold out for me - [email protected] UK
    edited September 2014
    Very odd - browser differences? I'm on my laptop running the latest firefox. Or maybe where you're looking. Shop>Themes>Ideas.
    Well the search facility doesn't work for me -hasn;t for a number of weeks now, so I did shop>themes>monster fighters
    Says sold out for me too. Search facility doesn't work for me. I'm going shop>themes>exclusives. Spooky.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Out of Stock on the UK and Australia sites, US is expected ship date 6th October. It makes sense to try and keep it avaliable for Halloween in the US where it is a much bigger "thing" then here in Australia.
    Pitfall69
  • stevemackstevemack 1567km Drive From BillundMember Posts: 919
    Has it ever been available outside of [email protected]? Or has it always been an exclusive in the Uk? I only have 1 :(
  • vaspvasp USAMember Posts: 73
    In the US it has been available at amazon and target. I think walmart also had it at one point. Right now [email protected] is the only option with a limit of 2
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    Pitfall69 said:

US [email protected] Sold Out

I'm glad I ordered mine when I did just recently!

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    Hopefully, Sold Out doesn't mean gone for good.
  • littlepuppilittlepuppi Member Posts: 181
    I think this could go crazy in the aftermarket if it is indeed gone based on the reactions here!
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    And without as much fanfare and hype towards the end unlike others ie FB.
    stevemack said:

Has it ever been available outside of [email protected]? Or has it always been an exclusive in the Uk? I only have 1 :(

Always an exclusive in the Uk. Never available at other retailers.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,861
    edited September 2014
    Pitfall69 said:

Aww was about to buy another. I'm guessing this was in reaction to reports of it being gone in Europe.
    Well judging by the price point, Imperial Flagship wet up to about 300-350 USD a little bit after it was gone from stores.
    But that was a Pirate ship, not a haunted house and one could argue it could cause it to go for less or more than that.
    My guess it should go for a bit more as I'm sure there were those waiting for it to go on sale again in the US, which was not going to happen after the restriction of exclusives.
    Then again only after about 12 hours sine it has been gone it is already selling for 240 USD on eBay.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Pitfall69 said:

Ahhh Man... I think I'm having a moment. HH is the one that brought me out of the Dark Ages and is by far my favorite set to date. Sad to see it go.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,556
    The Grand Emporium has bounced around from Sold Out to OOS to delayed for several months now. Might still be a few batches of HH to come between now and Halloween. If so I might have to get another. I have a huge crush on Sand Green
  • BalloonistBalloonist Member Posts: 54
    10228 now Temporarily out of stock until October 16th (UK). Limit of 5
  • iluvmyelementiluvmyelement Member Posts: 52
    I have one on backorder with US [email protected] since 9/2 - is it likely to ship or does past experience show it will be cancelled if it's showing sold out now?

10228 now Temporarily out of stock until October 16th (UK). Limit of 5

lol

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,905
    A boooooootiful set.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    It would be kind of stupid for Lego to EOL a Haunted House six weeks before Halloween.
    Pitfall69juggles7RonyarLegoFanTexasRainstorm26tamamahmcloaked7prevere
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    mathew said:

It would be kind of stupid for Lego to EOL a Haunted House six weeks before Halloween.

I tend to agree. It seems crazy to not get at least one more holiday season out of it.
    Pitfall69juggles7
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    mathew said:

Kind of like EOLing the Research Institute set the first few days it's offered...
    juggles7thenosLegoFanTexastamamahmSupersympaprevere
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    like letting Heartlake Stables and Heartlake Vet retire in early November 2013, with Christmas just around the corner
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Or not have any SSD in stock for May 4th...
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Or 76023 Tumbler:

We apologize, but this item is not currently available on shop.LEGO.com. Limited quantities may be available in October
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Or including a sausage in Battle of Hoth.
    MathBuilderprevereexciter1wagnerml2Dougout
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ^That's just sad!
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    mathew said:

I doubt that it was a conscious choice. They likely produced however many sets they had planned on and those ended up selling more quickly than they had anticipated.

TXLegoguymadforLEGO
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    ^ but you think that Lego would have figured that out by now! We all have.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651

Or including a sausage in Battle of Hoth.

No way did that really happen? Lego seems to like throwing in that sausage piece wherever they can.

Disappointing about the Haunted House. I've been thinking about getting one for awhile, but I just haven't saved up the funds. Any chance they might still be lurking around in Lego Stores?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,668

No way did that really happen? Lego seems to like throwing in that sausage piece wherever they can.

To be fair on this one, it is included in the set description: "Accessories include shovel, pickaxe and a sausage" :)
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098

mathew said:

I doubt that it was a conscious choice. They likely produced however many sets they had planned on and those ended up selling more quickly than they had anticipated.

Probably the case. Basically they are blessing resellers with this kind of poor inventory management.