Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Predictions on Discontinuing Sets and their Secondary Market Value

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    @incredulous. I have had my fair of arguments with @LegoFanTexas, but from looking at your comments, it seems you joined the forum just to engage LFT and argue with him. Lord knows he has enough people that disagree with him ;)

Please, do you have anything else constructive to add to this forum other than stirring the pot?
    BumblepantsLegoFanTexasTheLoneTensor
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    Target's been selling Minecraft online for $50 and it's ranked #5 among their best-selling sets. They're pulling a little "TRU" of their own. Wish I could buy at wholesale, sell at 40% above retail, watch the customers line up, and then NOT be hated for doing it!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    edited August 2013

And the problem with your explanation is that right now on your Amazon store you have over a hundred current sets listed for double or triple RRP.

Are you sure that is me? There are at least 3 large LEGO resellers in the Dallas area alone, probably 10-20 in Texas... I'm probably the smallest of the 3 in Dallas that I know of.
    Pitfall69 said:

I know some stores set prices high because they actually don't have the product in stock, but if someone is "stupid" enough to purchase one, then I'm sure the store owner can grab one.

Yea, I've seen others do that, but I really don't think it is worth my time. I always run the risk of something becoming short supply and missing it, then selling 10 and not being able to find them easily. It also is a lot of work to keep up with, for 4 or 5 sales.

I sell thousands of LEGO sets, a few overpriced current sets isn't worth the bother. :)
  • incredulousincredulous Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2013
    I'm aware of caveat emptor. However I was responding directly to what LegoFanTexas said about resellers only marking up retired sets. That's not even true for his own store. I'll repost the quote since some of you staunch defenders seem to have missed it.

The problem with your example is that TRU marks them up while they are still current products and available everywhere else for RRP or less.

Resellers wait until the sets are retired, then marks them up.

If TRU did the same, sell for RRP for awhile, then hold some stock back for post-retirement, then mark them up, I'd have no problem with that whatsoever.

This implies that he has a problem with them doing it with current sets which is why I called out his hypocrisy with his own store.
    edited August 2013
    Pitfall69: RRP is "recommended retail price" so TRU is free to mark up sets also even though they have a retail contract.

The excuses people have given for LegoFanTexas's mark ups are funny. So far we have:
    1. he marks current sets high because eventually they'll retire and it will save him time from having to adjust the price
    2. he marks the current sets high so that people will watch it [so they can buy it when it retires for that really high price as opposed to buying it for three times less at the moment?]
    3. if a buyer buys it, shame on them. (why doesn't TRU get this pass?)
    4. he marks up the majority of his stock not to try to sell it but just to make his store look full. he might not even have the product (illegal for Amazon sellers)

You all suggest this rather than recognize the simpler and more obvious explanation that he's preying on ignorance and indifference about his mark ups. I don't have a problem if he does this, just don't be a hypocrite about it.
    spicemind
    edited August 2013

Are you sure that is me? There are at least 3 large LEGO resellers in the Dallas area alone, probably 10-20 in Texas... I'm probably the smallest of the 3 in Dallas that I know of.

I'm pretty sure it is. Are you saying that you don't have current sets marked up double? I'm not outing your store because I remember you writing that you didn't want it known. If you confirm you don't engage in that practice, then I'm wrong and I'll link to the store I'm talking about and we can all have a laugh.
    I didn't say he didn't have the products in stock. I said I have seen some stores do this for some reason. It wasn't an excuse, but more than an observation.

The average consumer knows nothing about how Lego is priced. It has been discussed many times that the average parent will just go to TRU to purchase Lego, even though there is a Walmart or Target around the corner that more than likely has a set for a cheaper price. TRU knows this and that is why they do what they do. I don't have a problem with that nor do I have a problem with how @LegoFanTexas prices his Lego. The Lego enthusiasts within this forum are savvy consumers and even more so within this particular thread. The average person will not go to the lengths we will to find a good deal. The average consumer will not happen to stumble upon LFT's store on Amazon. They will go to TRU and buy Lego, some action figures, a car seat and a video game because they are there.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002

Pitfall69: RRP is "recommended retail price" so TRU is free to mark up sets also even though they have a retail contract.

The excuses people have given for LegoFanTexas's mark ups are funny. So far we have:
    1. he marks current sets high because eventually they'll retire and it will save him time from having to adjust the price
    2. he marks the current sets high so that people will watch it [so they can buy it when it retires for that really high price as opposed to buying it for three times less at the moment?]
    3. if a buyer buys it, shame on them. (why doesn't TRU get this pass?)
    4. he marks up the majority of his stock not to try to sell it but just to make his store look full. he might not even have the product (illegal for Amazon sellers)

You all suggest this rather than recognize the simpler and more obvious explanation that he's preying on ignorance and indifference about his mark ups. I don't have a problem if he does this, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

Whether LFT does this or not (marks up prices of current sets) seems irrelevant to your original point from the other thread in regards to market transparency, which is really a different beast from competitive pricing, so it does seem at least a bit like you're being combative for the sake of being combative.

That said, LFT was pretty forthright when he was taking advantage of the Minecraft/Lloyd situations (and, though a reseller myself, I've been pretty vocal about my personal aversion to exacerbating a shortage versus selling items that are no longer available), so it seems unlikely, though not impossible, that he wouldn't own up to it here.
    edited August 2013
    y2josh said:

Whether LFT does this or not (marks up prices of current sets) seems irrelevant to your original point from the other thread in regards to market transparency, which is really a different beast from competitive pricing, so it does seem at least a bit like you're being combative for the sake of being combative.

That said, LFT was pretty forthright when he was taking advantage of the Minecraft/Lloyd situations (and, though a reseller myself, I've been pretty vocal about my personal aversion to exacerbating a shortage versus selling items that are no longer available), so it seems unlikely, though not impossible, that he wouldn't own up to it here.

My point from the other thread, though related, is different from the one here and I wasn't suggesting they were the same. In the other thread I stated that I found it disingenuous for LegoFanTexas to be portraying himself as a consumer advocate by clamoring about consumer protection and describing the practice of accepting offers as wrong, while at the same time price gouging in his own sales.

I've already stated and restated my most recent point above. I think it's spelled out pretty clearly, so if people still aren't able to understand it, saying it a third time probably won't help. But I don't think it's because my point is muddled, but rather that people seem to think LegoFanTexas is beyond reproach.

To your last point about it being unlikely he wouldn't own up to it, he didn't respond in the other thread whether or not the Death Star listed at $999 was his. If my claims were patently false, you would think it'd be a simple matter to just say so. Oddly enough, that listing is no longer available.
    spicemind
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327

To your last point about it being unlikely he wouldn't own up to it, he didn't respond in the other thread whether or not the Death Star listed at $999 was his. If my claims were patently false, you would think it'd be a simple matter to just say so. Oddly enough, that listing is no longer available.

Perhaps Toys R Us reported it.
    Kanohiy2josh
    The thing is, neither @LegoFanTexas or anyone in this forum has to answer to anyone, especially one who has made it a point to single out and attack a long standing member of this forum. @LFT is not beyond reproach and I don't think any of us think that we can't disagree with him or argue with him. In fact, my very first forum argument was with LFT, although it was a misunderstanding. I also don't think that any of us can say we haven't done or have said anything that would be considered hypocritical. It happens...we are all human.

I have had a few transactions with LFT and he has always been very gracious and all business. I wish everyone I have dealt with was this way.
    samiam391 said:

Perhaps Toys R Us reported it.
    This is entirely possible, but I would think that TRU would raise there DS prices to $1001.99 ;)

There is another answer... If a reseller such as myself buys a set for RRP, I can't list it for RRP, I'd lose money.

So I have to list it higher to make a profit.

In fairness, because of how Amazon works with a single product page per listing, no one sees or cares about the higher priced listings. Whoever has the buy box (the "add to cart" button) gets the sale 99% of the time.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6021886-Minecraft-21102/dp/B007PVHMCG

Take Minecraft, there 258 "new" listings from various sellers, but today Amazon.com itself has it in stock for $34.97. That is where all the sales will go.

There is a seller named "Amazing Online" that has a copy listed for sale for $137.95 + $4.99 shipping. I highly doubt that seller has that listed expecting to sell it any time soon. They just listed it for what they want for it, and will wait for the price to rise to their level.

I might list Fire Brigade for $499, clearly knowing I won't sell any for awhile, but sooner or later the price will rise to me, and I don't have to think about it until it does.
    y2josh said:

In fairness, I purchased my 300+ copies of Lloyd wholesale through an authorised distributor, I ordered them a month before they were on retail shelves, to me it seemed obvious how well it was going to do.

So I didn't clear any shelves to buy my stock of that set. Just saying. :)

As for marking up current sets, I do it sometimes when the situation makes sense. When Amazon ran out of Death Stars about two months ago, I sold a few for $499 while they were OOS. I don't have an issue with that because Amazon itself is out of stock and not everyone is near a LEGO store to go buy a copy locally, and maybe LEGO [email protected] isn't an option for whatever reason. After fees and shipping, I'm not getting rich with that deal I assure you. :) It was more about moving some stale stock than anything else.

My point from the other thread, though related, is different from the one here and I wasn't suggesting they were the same. In the other thread I stated that I found it disingenuous for LegoFanTexas to be portraying himself as a consumer advocate by clamoring about consumer protection and describing the practice of accepting offers as wrong, while at the same time price gouging in his own sales.

They seem to be two very separate points to my point of view.

Regardless of how much I want to charge for my LEGO, when I post a price, it is publicly known, it is an open and transparent market, free for all to see.

When offers are made in private, the market is deprived of information.

Watch CNBC some time, watch the ticker at the bottom. It shows the stock symbol, the number of shares traded, and the price paid. All the information on the sale of every share of stock is public information, this is done for a very important reason, it keeps the overall market honest and it gives the little guy the same basic information as the big players.
    ColoradoBricksTrenth
  • wilburwilbur Member Posts: 49
    I don't know why folks are ripping on LFT. Even if it's just one person ripping him, it's still unnecessary. There are hoards of people selling lego on eBay with zero intention on honoring those sales! They are true scam artists. Rip those guys!

TRU sells to suckers who don't do their homework. You can buy almost anything you want from amazon at or less than RRP. But apparently people buy from them and more power to TRU for getting their business. It's a free market, and this is a free country, and that affords everyone in it the opportunity to be as stupid with their money as they like.

In the aftermarket the only way to consistently sell is to have the best price or a set in the best condition or be willing to ship to places other people don't ship too. But LFT or any other reseller are competing for business, and the best price per quality of product generally wins. In that sense, at any given time a reseller is very generous because they sold their set for much cheaper than what everyone else was asking for. That's the opposite of what TRU does, so the comparison between TRU and any other reseller is completely illogical.
    Pitfall69LegoFanTexas
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 502
    ^no, hardly any information is publicly shown when a stock is bought or sold. No information is provided related to dark liquidity pools, who the parties are (which may be extremely relevant dependent upon the circumstances, brokerage fees paid, etc. The inherent inefficiencies of the capital markets are what create potential profit opportunities. If markets were perfectly efficient then there would be no arbitrage activity and there would be no prop trading by bulge bracket banks, hedge funds, etc. and there would be no wealth creation. We'd just be selling and buying stocks at true fair value...but I digress. The point is that all markets in which there is profit potential require that some have information, capital, patience, and foresight that others don't. Same applies to Lego

But I don't think it's because my point is muddled, but rather that people seem to think LegoFanTexas is beyond reproach.

If you're a long-time lurker, you must realize that's completely untrue. From what I've observed, LFT takes more flak than anyone on the boards, likely because he's so visible. I do believe some of that is born of spite, but I also think the criticism is often valid (he and I have had... I guess we'll say 'spirited conversations'... several times). And that's fine. We don't all have to agree all of the time, and I have no problem on calling out observed hypocrisy or dishonesty.

My issue here is more with your singular obsession with calling out this one user coupled with your own recognition that you're just saying the same thing over and over instead of moving the conversation forward. This is why, to me, it seems like you're attacking to be attacking versus adding to the overall discourse.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327
    edited August 2013
    Not to get off topic here (even though this thread gets more off topic then stays on topic)...

But it appears a certain someone has changed their avatar, most likely as a sign of defeat. Is this victory for chrome @y2josh? Please make sure to ship my winnings in a box, I'd hate for them to get damaged in transit :o)
    y2joshindigoboxjasor
    ^To be fair, I all but conceded defeat as soon as that darn B-Wing sale happened. I still think Han will do well down the road, but I think too many wound up in the hands of resellers to make our deadline. I'm still waiting 'til midnight on January 1st, 2015, but I'm certainly not as hopeful as I was before it seemed like nobody would end up with one.

That said, I changed my avatar because Gambit is awesome and, so far as I know, he was never decapitated by the lamest Jedi of all. ;-)

They seem to be two very separate points to my point of view.

Regardless of how much I want to charge for my LEGO, when I post a price, it is publicly known, it is an open and transparent market, free for all to see.

When offers are made in private, the market is deprived of information.

You cited consumer protection and specifically the requirement that retailers post prices and not charge more than that. The main intent of that aspect of consumer protection is so that consumers do not fall prey to predatory pricing. Your posts took on a haughty tone as you sought to give us a history lesson about the ills society faces when the consumer is not protected. Meanwhile your store lists current Lego sets for 2 and 3 times RRP.

It seems you are trying to step away from this now and talk about depriving the market of information. That is an aspect of consumer protection but it's less pertinent to retailers posting prices and honoring them.
    edited August 2013

There is another answer... If a reseller such as myself buys a set for RRP, I can't list it for RRP, I'd lose money.

So I have to list it higher to make a profit.

In fairness, because of how Amazon works with a single product page per listing, no one sees or cares about the higher priced listings. Whoever has the buy box (the "add to cart" button) gets the sale 99% of the time.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6021886-Minecraft-21102/dp/B007PVHMCG

Take Minecraft, there 258 "new" listings from various sellers, but today Amazon.com itself has it in stock for $34.97. That is where all the sales will go.

There is a seller named "Amazing Online" that has a copy listed for sale for $137.95 + $4.99 shipping. I highly doubt that seller has that listed expecting to sell it any time soon. They just listed it for what they want for it, and will wait for the price to rise to their level.

I might list Fire Brigade for $499, clearly knowing I won't sell any for awhile, but sooner or later the price will rise to me, and I don't have to think about it until it does.

That is another answer but is it really _THE_ answer? Are you saying the reason the starting point for all your current Lego sets are twice RRP is because you are purchasing them at RRP?

My understanding is you buy Lego wholesale from a couple sources in Europe. From your posts here you also buy a lot of clearance and sale stock in stores and online. We all know you are shrewd, you're telling me you know how to get Lego these ways but are still buying nearly all your sets at RRP?

And then you go on to try to justify the high pricing because your behavior is just to set it and forget it? Since you use FBA, are you saying that you are shipping sets to Amazon and paying long term storage knowing full well they will never sell just so you dont have to manage the price? There's no motivation to sell Lego at high prices in the near term?
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    Give it a rest, incredulous. I can't even get a single reply to my posts here because of your dominating the thread with your repititious, lengthy, and tiresome diatribe.
    wilburindigoboxJessyDooDahFollowsClosely
    juggles7: your one post in the midst of this doesn't even pose a question. maybe that's why no one replied. what reply were you looking for?
  • charlatan13charlatan13 Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2013
    I think he was trying to point out that the thread tries to focus on reselling and not specific resellers. Don't like LFT's prices = buy somewhere else. There are more important causes in the world above saving unsuspecting buyers from high lego prices. Cheers.
    SiE
  • wilburwilbur Member Posts: 49
    I agree it seems like target is pulling a TRU!! Screw target! Bunch of profiteering jerks!
    incredulous
    y2josh said:

My issue here is more with your singular obsession with calling out this one user coupled with your own recognition that you're just saying the same thing over and over instead of moving the conversation forward. This is why, to me, it seems like you're attacking to be attacking versus adding to the overall discourse.

I'm not saying the same thing over and over when it isn't necessary. if you care to review, people clearly were missing the point. my admission you are referencing actually is me explaining how I don't think it's worth repeating. yet here I am having to now repeat that because you missed the point of that one, too.

Now people are saying I am dominating the conversation when I had only asked LegoFanTexas a singular question. then three other people decided to interject and come to his aid. i think its fair that I respond to them. they find the need to respond to me. that is how conversations perpetuate, it isn't one sided.

pitfall69: i see that you're trying to be a peacekeeper of sorts, but you are also one of his cronies that bullies whether you realize it or not. do you find it odd that there's a bunch of people criticizing me publicly and liking each others posts and no one is on my side, yet i have received numerous private messages from people agreeing with me?
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    @incredulous If someone knows their way around the internet and did manage to find the particular seller on Amazon, won't they also be proficient enought to find the actual RRP of the DS? Why in the world would they buy it at $999?

Btw if you want a DS, I am sure @LegoFanTexas will sell or trade you one for nowhere near what you are saying he is selling it for, he was practically giving them away. :-)
    Ok, i'll try to make it crystal clear. i don't care that LegoFanTexas lists his Lego for 2 or 3 times RRP. i posted a few weeks ago because i found it hypocritical and objectionable that he did that WHILE stating the societal importance of protecting the consumer. and I posted again today because he said the hate for TRU is justified but the hate for resellers such as himself is not because they don't sell current sets at markups WHILE he actually does.
    spicemind
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,665
    I did not realize we should be 'taking sides' here.. Should we be keeping score too?

I guess when some people finally realize that this debate will never stop because they are not going to sway opinions of some others then we can finally get back to asking when DS and FB will retire.
  • charlatan13charlatan13 Member Posts: 118
    If I didn't believe in karma, I'd slap a few 'Limited Edition' stickers on some Death Stars at the Lego store just to see what happens. As fascinating as the #41999 thread and stories go, I can't muster the desire to buy one for myself, but at least I know one lego model # that I now recognize without having to look it up.
    @incredulous - With respect, I understood your point the first time you made it, but you seem to be missing everyone's point.

No one (well, mostly no one) begrudges you for drawing attention to what you perceive as a hypocritical sentiment. If the situation is as you say it is, you're absolutely right. That's 100% hypocritical. But there's nowhere to go from there. You seem to have already achieved what you wanted to, and you're just belaboring the point and being disruptive now - and that's where I think you're seeing people criticizing you.
    TrenthmadforLEGO
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,177
    edited August 2013
    This is a Lego forum, not a "let's flame each other cause I disagree with you" forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you are publicly attacking another person that crosses the line. This forum is supposed to bring people together over their love of Lego. Can we stop these off topic attacks and return to discussing our love of the brick? There's too much negativity around here, let's all take a step back, breathe, relax, build something and then get back to typing together in harmony. Lego brings us all positive feelings (why else would you be in love with it), so let's keep it that way.
    y2joshLegoFanTexasindigobox
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    I love the Death Star. Anyone else?
    y2joshLegoFanTexasBumblepantsspicemindLegobutterflyFollowsCloselycloaked7timinchicago
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    edited August 2013

pitfall69: i see that you're trying to be a peacekeeper of sorts, but you are also one of his cronies that bullies whether you realize it or not. do you find it odd that there's a bunch of people criticizing me publicly and liking each others posts and no one is on my side, yet i have received numerous private messages from people agreeing with me?

I still think this is the wrong thread, but Incred is spot on here. Trust me, I was on the receiving end of it during the "The great doodad wars" and what really made it funny to me was when a group pushed back a little against a few known re-sellers including LFT, that group threw their arms up and talked about being unfairly targeted and ganged up on and NEVER realizing the irony in it. Someone earlier said LFT doesnt need to defend himself, and I agree he shouldn't have to, but I also chuckled because he also doesnt have to because quite often others defend him, sometimes blindly.

I think a lot of the problem people have is with how some people talk to others. I don't think LFT means too, but some of his posts can really read as if he's talking down to people. It's the College professor in a bar syndrome. Where in a casual setting, someone who speaks in a long winded and professional manner can come across as arrogant and condescending even when they are not.

Edit: So when is FB going away?
    spiceminditsnotme
    @incredulous There are people that dislike @LegoFanTexas and no matter what he says or does, the same people will still dislike him. He could save a family from a burning building and yet people will still have ill will toward him. I know there are people that dislike me. There is nothing I can do about that. As far as me being one of his "cronies"; I just want this thread to go back on topic and stop the attacking. A bully...I guess if trying to "keep the peace" is a form of bullying, then so be it. Call it what you will, but I guess it takes a real man to hide behind a keyboard and attack another repeatedly without fear of physical retribution.

@pvancil27. I was there during the "great doodad wars" You got pretty roughed up, but as I remember everyone kissed and made up ;) I don't see that happening here.

If I didn't believe in karma, I'd slap a few 'Limited Edition' stickers on some Death Stars at the Lego store just to see what happens. As fascinating as the #41999 thread and stories go, I can't muster the desire to buy one for myself, but at least I know one lego model # that I now recognize without having to look it up.

I can't bring myself to buy one either.

pvancil27 said:

I think a lot of the problem people have is with how some people talk to others. I don't think LFT means too, but some of his posts can really read as if he's talking down to people. It's the College professor in a bar syndrome. Where in a casual setting, someone who speaks in a long winded and professional manner can come across as arrogant and condescending even when they are not.

Yes, I'm totally guilty of this, and I'm sorry for it when I do it.

I... can get long winded in real life too, if you let me get carried away, but I'm also respectful and if you call me on it (politely please), I'll step back and stop.

I am a high energy person who is very passionate about how I see things and what I think, but I'm also aware that I'm not the sole source of all things wise and smart, and frankly, I've been wrong before. :)

The whole idea of opinions not being changed is inaccurate as well, my own opinions do move over time and I enjoy reading other points of view. Most of the time I think people are just different, but sometimes something will catch my eye and I'll ponder on it.

For example, I used to think purchase limits in retail stores were stupid. Now I no longer feel that way. I better understand the need to protect the store and brand image to the bulk of regular buyers. No matter how much I buy, the store and brand need other customers, so everyone needs a chance to play.

So keep posting different points of view, I hope everyone reads them all and ponders them all.

Peace and love for LEGO (and red/blue doodads) to all! :)
    edited August 2013
    kwkw said:

This is a Lego forum, not a "let's flame each other cause I disagree with you" forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you are publicly attacking another person that crosses the line. This forum is supposed to bring people together over their love of Lego. Can we stop these off topic attacks and return to discussing our love of the brick?

In my defense, the two times I spoke up about LegoFanTexas were in response to him saying other posters were wrong and finding him hypocritical in both instances. the countless other times I thought he was wrong about Lego or video games or politics I didn't comment so I wasn't flaming him for the sake of arguing.
    y2josh said:

@incredulous - With respect, I understood your point the first time you made it, but you seem to be missing everyone's point.

No one (well, mostly no one) begrudges you for drawing attention to what you perceive as a hypocritical sentiment. If the situation is as you say it is, you're absolutely right. That's 100% hypocritical. But there's nowhere to go from there. You seem to have already achieved what you wanted to, and you're just belaboring the point and being disruptive now - and that's where I think you're seeing people criticizing you.

I actually believe you when you say "with respect", so thanks. now, if everyone's point really was that they agree it is hypocritical but I'm belaboring it to the point it's a distraction, I would have read it loud and clear earlier. that wasn't the case though, as the hypocrisy was far from conceded and instead people were suggesting a myriad of other justifications. but the tone has changed here with your and a few other posts so i will move on.
    y2josh
    I am very passionate as well. Although, sometimes my testosterone gets the best of me.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    Pitfall69 said:

@pvancil27. I was there during the "great doodad wars" You got pretty roughed up, but as I remember everyone kissed and made up ;) I don't see that happening here.

Mostly, but remember, even when you kiss and make up with the girl who cheats on you, you always remember in the back of your mind. There are a few people on here I have a very low opinion of because of that, and I'm sure some have a low opinion of me. Honestly the only difference between my arguments then and what Incred is doing now is I always tried to argue mine as the generalities of issues with re-selling (which is part of what led to the whole "your argument is invalid because its hypothetical) where as he is going after the biggest face of reselling here. I think LFT is a passionate and knowledgeable guy, I've even bought a small item from him so I don't hold some weird malice toward him, but the honest fact is he has said and done some hypocritical things on here. That's why I understand the argument Incred is making, I just think he's doing it in a somewhat unethical manner and in the wrong place.

As much as I hate to say it if he really wants to debate it, it should be in the resellers - good or bad thread. But I can already see the first things said will be the "Oh god not this again" and "beating dead horses" stuff that doesn't lead itself to a discussion at all. There are enough logical and educated minds to have that discussion and have it be civil and informative, but the problem is people either add stuff that adds nothing to the convo or someone lets their personal feelings cloud what they are saying. I like to think myself reasonable and level headed and even I had some moments during the heyday of that thread where I was frustrated and just wanted to e-punch a few people.
    Pitfall69LegoFanTexasJP3804
  • TrenthTrenth Member Posts: 162
    Errr...we need a new topic..... sleeper picks anyone? Mine is the Sopwith or we could always just guess who the new Doctor will be.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    edited August 2013
    Societal isn't really a word that is used in modern English. And the last 50 or so posts make me wish there was an ignore feature. Oy.
    Trenth
    You are just now saying this after 284 pages?
    indigobox
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,288
    One of these days someone is going to finally discover the 500 Contruct-a-Zurgs I have priced in my Amazon store for $69.99 each and I will be able to finally re-invest that capital into #850777 and finally retire
    LegoFanTexascloaked7
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281

One of these days someone is going to finally discover the 500 Contruct-a-Zurgs I have priced in my Amazon store for $69.99 each and I will be able to finally re-invest that capital into #850777 and finally retire

Link please.

• LootefiskLootefisk Member Posts: 67
    gmpirate said:

I love the Death Star. Anyone else?

I love lamp.
    y2josh
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    That is another answer but is it really _THE_ answer? Are you saying the reason the starting point for all your current Lego sets are twice RRP is because you are purchasing them at RRP?
    There is also another question...who gives a s***?