Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Anyone combined 2 Ninjago Temples from 70728 before?

Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 805
I want to build a temple for my Lego city, and this seems the closest to an actual temple I'm going to get. Has anyone actually tried this out and has any tips on how to do it? I realise that I will have to extend the roof section because 1 set is slightly more than half a building, and if I combine them there's going to be roof around the side but a massive gap in the middle.

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,091
    edited April 2015
    ^there is a rumored Exclusive Ninjago Temple set coming in August. #70751
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,380
    Not quite an answer but no, however I actually built this one at the weekend, it is massive as a set on its own, a great building model with plenty of features, I was impressed by it.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 805
    I'm assuming that's going to be just a front, much like most Ninjago buildings? I kinda want a proper building with complete walls all around, hence the thought of buying two of the 70728's.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 805

Not quite an answer but no, however I actually built this one at the weekend, it is massive as a set on its own, a great building model with plenty of features, I was impressed by it.
    I wanted a building that would match the style of my city (read: no open-backed buildings) and so far I have modulars, the Haunted House, and the Simpson's House (will add the Kwik E-Mart when I see it on sale). The original temple looked great in pictures, which was what prompted me to consider buying it, but because like most Lego sets, it's really only half (or two-thirds) of a building, I thought I'd get two, put them back to back with extra space in between of about 6-8 studs and make a large temple. Might remodel the interiors too so it's more like an actual temple and less like a dojo.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Jern92 said:
    I'm assuming that's going to be just a front, much like most Ninjago buildings? I kinda want a proper building with complete walls all around, hence the thought of buying two of the 70728's.
    It's rumored to be an exclusive, so there's a possibility it will be more substantial than the typical Ninjago set.
    Bumblepantsklatu003