Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Darth Vader Prototype helmet?

Comments

• yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91

I am fairly sure this has been on ebay for ages.

And at that price I think it will be on there as long as the seller keeps relisting it.

VorpalRyuLEGOFan2
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,155
    How long has that guy been re-listing that item now?
    xiahna
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,629
    Or you could save yourself £200 and pick up a bargain on bricklink http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=3243&colorID=5

Would look good on the Christmas Vader wouldn't it...

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    VorpalRyu said:

It's a she.
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    Is the price completely arbitrary or have some actually sold for that?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    These are the pieces that were allegedly stolen from the designers' workshop in Billund that Lucasarts got wind of and made a fuss about which resulted in nobody being allowed to visit the workshop again.
    Pitfall69GoldchainsLEGOFan2
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,155
    CCC said:
    VorpalRyu said:

It's a she.
    My bad, just remembered seeing that pic before, & an insane price on the item, never noted the name of the seller. 
    xiahnaLEGOFan2
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,235
    yuffie said:
    Is the price completely arbitrary or have some actually sold for that?
    The price is completely arbitrary. The highest I think I've ever seen it sell is $200.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 240
    To me, regardless of the price, I see no reason getting it without written proof that it is an authentic pre-production. 

For example, awhile back, I wanted a Matchbox resin pre-production of the Pontiac Vibe which was about $30.  I asked the seller where they got it, which was a Matchbox collectors' convention about ten years ago where a lot of pre-productions were sold from when the Matchbox headquarters was in New Jersey.