Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Buildable Figures Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous coming Sept

paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952

I absolutely love the General Grievous!
BuriedinBricksaimlesspursuitsBrickDancerpreverechuckpGoldchains

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    These two were reported as coming a while ago.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/18552/lego-star-wars-ultra-builds-2015

Nice to see them in pictures though.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217
    Grievous looks like it could be useful as a parts pack (which seems an odd thing to think of a constraction set) 
    VorpalRyuAndor
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,807
    Shib said:
    Grievous looks like it could be useful as a parts pack (which seems an odd thing to think of a constraction set) 
    Not that odd at all for constraction fans! His price per piece is about what you'd expect of smaller constraction sets, but high enough that it'll keep him from being as great a parts pack as 2283 Witch Doctor, which had a great price per piece even by System or Technic standards.

Grievous is definitely the more impressive set in terms of creativity, size, and parts value, but I'm really liking the design of both sets. Lots of useful White and Brick Yellow (Tan) parts between them.

Obi-Wan's shoulder pads are a new design and I can foresee those being incredibly useful, since they are smooth, streamlined, and not as bulky as many other armor add-ons. I hope they show up in other sets, other themes, and other colors. Obi-Wan also has an excellent head sculpt.

What bothers me most is the scrawniness of Grievous's chest area, since that was the most heavily-armored part of him in his actual TV and film appearances. His shoulders are beefier than his chest is!
    VorpalRyuAndor
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217
    I should have ended with as someone who isn't a constraction fan
    dougtsandheAndor
  • gman2coolgman2cool Member Posts: 4
    i remember back when they came out with r2-d2 out of mostly bionicle parts, that was cool. these are cool they just seem kinda cheesy. maybe its just me though.
    LEGO has now posted a 360-degree spin of Grievous! Looks like they definitely captured his creepy, looming posture!

Also, I just tested his arm construction to make sure that it wouldn't hinder posability to join his arms together, and it works just fine. So that's good to know.

chuckpAndor
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    I really like the Grievous. Might actually have to pick that one up.
    Andor
    LEGO revealed Commander Cody today as well!

His torso and legs aren't as fleshed out as those of Luke, Vader, and Obi-Wan, but he's still a nice set with some great parts.
    Andor
  • MODVLEXMODVLEX Czech RepublicMember Posts: 24
    Obi-Wan and Grievous are easily my favorites and the two who will be coming home with me soon. CCBS shells in tan and a new moulded "human head" type piece! Oh, the possibilities.
    Aanchir