Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Searching in bricklink

AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
edited April 2015 in Collecting
I am trying to search through the catalog of mini fig heads - any idea how I can narrow my search down to only black heads?

Comments

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,156
    edited April 2015
    Under parts, the lists are by type & by colour, click black then in the search box, type 'minifig head.' & boom, done...  :)
    ChrisbstmAceCobra1xiahna
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    Go to "Catalog". In the green tab section there is a tab called "Colors". Click on that. Choose "Black". All the black elements ever made show up there. Choose "Minifig, Head". This will list all black minifigs heads. Choose "Thumbnail Gallery" as this gives you a visual view of all the heads. :)  
    AceCobra1
  • AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
    Cheers guys - how do I search for what they are wearing over a head like a helmet ? - what is that part called ?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    ^ depends on what the item is, but if you go to the "buy" tab, then "parts" in the category list there are a bunch that start with "Minifig".  There is "Headgear" which is typically hats and hair and then "Headgear Accessory" which is things like feathers, bows etc that connect to a hat/helmet or hair piece.  

You can do searches like "Minifig, *cap" to get anything that starts with "Minifig, " and mentions "cap" but it isn't always easy to find what you are looking for since there isn't always a consistent terminology so what you think you want to find it listed as isn't always how it is listed.
    AceCobra1
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 647
    What I usually do is click on the "Buy" tab, then select, for example, "Minifig, Headgear". From there, you can search "Helmet" and it will narrow down to only items described as helmets. You can also type a color into the search box and it will show all parts in that color.
    Andor