Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Interesting finds in old sets

LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 559
edited April 2015 in Everything else LEGO
As some of you may know in addition to modern sets I also collect pre 1972 sets.  For the most part these are loose, used sets when I buy them.  Often when I sort these out I find some non-Lego items mixed.  Normally these are other toys.  I've found stickers, marbles, cars, airplanes, parts of other toys, and non-Lego building toys (mostly American Bricks).  Sometime I've found more strange items: rubber bands, pins, glass, pieces of wood, screws and other hardware.  The most amusing item I've found was a note.  There nothing special about.  Just something some friends were passing back and forth until it got left and forgotten in a bunch of Lego bricks.

My most recent find was some school work and something I'll have to be a bit coy about it.  I just got a 502 set.  It comes in a Loveland style case and stuff is often under the tray, including the paper work for the set.  Looking under the tray I found some boy's school report on Nepal and something else he hid there.  The teacher clearly didn't like the job this young man did as he was given a C- and had a long note about the poor quality of work on the assignment and to come see the teacher about it.  The other item was something, let's say is a bit more adult and something a young teenage boy would want to hid.
Andormatticus_bricks

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I just sorted out a bunch of loose parts and included in the pile were a bunch of .357 shell casing!
    Andor