Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

New Avengers Mini Figs

AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
Any of you guys collecting these as investments? Other than the hulk, do you think any other of these figures would appreciate in value? Iron man seems so widely available that I do not think it would appreciate in value at all.

Comments

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,332
    I don't collect anything for an investment, but if I did my money would be on Black Widow and Vision. Both come in the most expensive set and this is the only place you can get them. Black Widiw was difficult to get last time and still the only Avenger I am missing from the first movie.
    AceCobra1
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    I would also point out Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver and Baron Von Strucker are not likely to appear in other sets beyond these, so they could become sought after by collectors. I'd guess Quicksilver to be the most profitable of the three I mentioned.
    AceCobra1
  • AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
    I would also point out Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver and Baron Von Strucker are not likely to appear in other sets beyond these, so they could become sought after by collectors. I'd guess Quicksilver to be the most profitable of the three I mentioned.
    I managed to get a number of 76032 Sets but I am not sure if I should flip it immediately or keep it for a bit before selling it. I do like these figs as well so will probably end up keeping a few for myself. I can't find any Quicksilver sets at a discounted price so it is rather prohibitive at the moment although I am going to try to get a couple. I managed to get a few hulkbuster sets and it seems that scarlet witch only appears there? These sets are quite cheap which may explain why she is only selling for about £5 on ebay - or just that she isn't that popular as a character ?
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    ^From what I've heard, it's not so much that Scarlett Witch is not a popular character, but that some people dislike the design. Her appearance in the movie is kind of like an ordinary person compared to her outfit in the comic books. I think a lot of fans would have preferred a Lego version of her classic appearance (though obviously the sets have to be based on the movie). Besides that, the Minifig also reuses a face print and hair from other minifigs, which may slightly decrease the overall value. 
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    @dannyrww if you are interested in black widow, pm me
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,829
    I opened the Hulkbuster set today and was a bit disappointed with the mold changes on Hulk. I like the hair change but I was disappointed to find that the toe and pants molding has disappeared. Side-by-side, the pants on the old Hulk are much more realistic as are the feet details.
    Mojoest
    I think big figs have a universal mold now with a separate Head/neck section that can be put it for each character. I only have Darkseid to judge by but it looks like there is a section that is glued but separates. In theory this would make it easier to make more big figs. You lose sculpted detail though.
    andhe
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    It's true the head's separate, but the front of the body (it's a front-and-back two piece) isn't the same sculpt: Hulk has his chest and abs sculpted, while Darkseid's just smooth on front.  It's obviously done with an eye to re-use, but we're not quite at All Is One In Darkseid yet.
    Good to know....I still prefer the first hulk big fig though. 
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 815
    I noticed that some, like the green goblin big fig has the opposite foot forward.  Also, the goblin's toes are molded while the new hulk's are drawn.  A weird inconsistency.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Having already seen Martian Manhunter in TWO different outfits, I wouldn't put it past Lego to have multiples of nearly any minifig these days.
    brickupdate
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    AceCobra1 said:
    Any of you guys collecting these as investments? Other than the hulk, do you think any other of these figures would appreciate in value? Iron man seems so widely available that I do not think it would appreciate in value at all.
    Hi Ace, don't know if you've found these threads yet, but your best place for investment advice and sales values would probably be here:

Predictions on Discontinuing Sets and Their Secondary Market Value

Or here:

Minifigs and Their Secondary Market Value

DrmnezAceCobra1
  • AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
    Thanks Matt - I haven't seen these threads yet! Much appreciated :)