6952 Solar Power Transporter

SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
edited October 2011 in Marketplace
Hi Everyone

All things being well I'm picking up a BNIB version of this set tomorrow. Do we have any classic space collectors here in the UK who would be interested?

Comments

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I need some help here folks.

I'm really struggling to establish a value for this set. Big thanks to Dr Dave for all of his help so far.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Looking at the Bricklink price guide, I'd say start off around £140, and you can then reduce it if you don't get any takers, but I would suggest not to go under £100, as the lowest new one on BL is £120.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Looks amazing, grats. That would be fun to open and put together again.
    Well I'm in no major hurry to sell it but as it isn't really my thing I would rather move it on and get something I do want. Thanks for the input folks.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited October 2011
    This set has been consistently on sale on bricklink (in MISB condition) for between £130 and £140 for the past 6 months. How many have been sold in that time? Precisely none. You can draw your own conclusion from that but in my opinion it suggests that the set is overpriced on Bricklink at the moment.
    Old sets are new to me if that makes sense but from a general sales point of view I would agree.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    edited October 2011
    ^^ Fully agree; I've made no secret of the fact that I think Bricklink is grossly overpriced, and the only really useful price data available on there is how much sets have ACTUALLY sold for. In the case of 6952, that's 8 sets in 6 months, with a highest selling price of £40. Kev's set is probably worth more than that, but in the end something's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it....
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    This has made me realise how much 'plainer' the boxes were back then. No fancy backgrounds, no fancy theme logos, just the set in all it's glory.
    Well its gone for £102 plus postage. Out of curiosity is this a number that people expected?