Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[DK] Legoland Billund store hard to find section

dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
Anyone want to see the hard to find section in Legoland Billund? See photos.
khmellymelBumblepantsLegoboyJohnnyfinlandiaLego_Starhkcrazy88minicoopers11novicebuilder101snowhitieMorkManAllBrickzorzosaimlesspursuits77ncaachampsSeanTheCollectorDontcopythatfloppy

Comments

• khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,226
    So... prettyyyyy...
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    Nice :)
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    This isn't a recent photo is it? R2 and SSD!
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    There is Helicarrier in the bottom shelf so it cannot be too old ...
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
    I took the photos on April 10th 2015; I was stood in the store as I posted them using the free wifi.
    Lego_Star
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    These pics made me drool. :blush: 
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    SSD is $495 USD under current conversion rates. I'd buy a couple if I could magically teleport them over to me in California :)
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Wow.  that's mighty impressive!!
  • DAVEmoonDAVEmoon Member Posts: 44
    Warm up the jet jeeves
    kiki180703
  • aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
    ooo - I'm there on Monday - wonder if Ryan scAir will accept SSD as hand luggage hahaha. slightly off-topic - does Legoland have any sort of 'no adults without children' policy, like the Manchester Discovery Centre does?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,519
    edited April 2015
    ^No. Pretty sure you're fine to go as a childless adult.
    aldredd
  • brickmaniabrickmania Member Posts: 1
    How much are they charging for the SSD and R2D2?
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
    How much are they charging for the SSD and R2D2?
    I think if you zoom in on my pictures it looks like 1499 DKK for the R2 and 3499 DKK for the SSD. Bear in mind you have to get into Legoland Billund to get to the shop though although I have a funny feeling you might be able to ask at the gate if you can just go into the shop. Some theme parks do do that and I remember signs which talked about Lego shopping outside the park. They were in Danish though. Not sure how you'd find out one way or another. 
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    LEGOland California allows under one hour visit for shopping after which you can return the regular ticket for refund (tested in 2013 ;) ) You can try to find out if the Danish one does not have something similar.

"Guests that are solely interested in shopping at LEGOLAND California Resort can purchase a full price 1-day LEGOLAND only ticket at any ticket booth or Guest Services. You may spend up to 1 hour in the park and receive a full refund on your ticket purchase. Your ticket can only be refunded at the outside Guest Services window and must show that it was scanned at the turnstile within the past 60 minutes. Please note that this offer is not valid during special events such as Brick-or-Treat Party Nights (Saturdays in October)."
  • aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
    Live from Billund: no SSD's to be found, but plenty of R2D2's, and if you head to the outlet store, a mountain (2 mountains, in fact) of 2013 & 2014 star wars calendars. Which made me chuckle given the arguments I saw over getting hold of these.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 656
    Don't suppose you noticed how much the advent calendars were?
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 517
    I was there Monday. Advent calendars were about £20.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 656
    Thanks for that, I never managed to get one for myself last Christmas so I'm really pleased - only 6 days till we get there.
  • mikedotcamikedotca Winnipeg, CAMember Posts: 14
    I had read the park is free after 5pm until close (once the rides close), but now I can't verify that offer is still current. Gives you a good chance to get in a shop before the park closes. I wonder if the Lego Store going into the Lego House will also include hard to find items?

Also worth noting, the shop is billed as the world's largest Lego store, but while it used to have a huge PAB wall, it's been scaled back. (And speaking of 'scale', the PAB is by weight with a wider selection so you can by a lot or just a few bricks).
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 799
    ^No. Pretty sure you're fine to go as a childless adult.
    I've been to Legoland by myself when I was 20. Sure it felt awkward as hell but the Lego was awesome!
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 391
    Ooooooo, Horizon Express....
    madforLEGO
  • TallprawnTallprawn West Mids, UKMember Posts: 5
    Quick update - All old stock as per the pictures at the start of the thread are now gone... No surprise really... R2D2's, SSD and Horizon Express etc all snapped up. If anyone is looking for 10235 Winter Village Market, there are a small number at DKK799. 
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Tallprawn said:
    Quick update - All old stock as per the pictures at the start of the thread are now gone... No surprise really... R2D2's, SSD and Horizon Express etc all snapped up. If anyone is looking for 10235 Winter Village Market, there are a small number at DKK799. 
    Not holding my breath, but I hope I can score a Winter Market when we visit there in August. 
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 286
    They even still got the B-Wing?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,700
    Covi said:
    They even still got the B-Wing?
    @DarthMorl has everything crossed.
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    I'm counting on you @Legoboy ;
    Well, the day is upon us. We just arrived at the bricky place on Earth! I'll post what the hard to find sets are when I hit the shop after lunch.
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, they have the B-wing. Also have all current Mondulars, Death Star, both Simpson sets, and the Creator cars. Only Winter set is Santa's Workshop. Was hoping for the Winter Market set...
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    B wing @Legoboy ;)
  • sir_Bricksalotsir_Bricksalot UKMember Posts: 110
    Hey guys,

Anyone visiting Billund this weekend want to put a price on bringing me back a B-wing (I'm based in London)?

I know its a bit of an ask but if I don't throw it out there then I'll never know.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,519
    @sir_Bricksalot - sorry,  but I'll be in the park on Sunday and will be saving my suitcase space for stuff from the employee store on Monday so can't help out I'm afraid.  
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,283
    According to Google maps, it's a 12 hour, 19 min drive from our house.
    I suspect that if you got a shopping list from Bricksetters and added a few pounds per order to cover fuel, you could probably do it as cheaply as flying.
    Probably a nice drive too - I've not done much continental motoring, but when I have it's been quite pleasant.
    Nice way to spend a few days.

Not sure what the deal would be with customs on the way home though, if you turned up with several thousand pounds worth of Lego in the boot.

"It's all for personal use, officer!"
    LegoboyCoyotelily
  • sir_Bricksalotsir_Bricksalot UKMember Posts: 110
    ^^ :) Technically I reckon i could spend a few thousand on Lego easily and it would all be for personal use.

Just re-thought my "request" above.  Please ignore it - looking at it now its quite ridiculous given the set size (my bad - apologies).  Certainly not like asking if anyone can pick me up some polybags!

One request I would like to make (and would be grateful if anyone could oblige) would be some pics of the "hard to find" section.  Unlikely I'll get out there this year but I can dream and at least then factor into the budget my shopping spend :)

Obviously some reviews of the park would be great too :)
  • parsomparsom Member Posts: 43
    Do they have Haunted House?
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Not sure what the deal would be with customs on the way home though, if you turned up with several thousand pounds worth of Lego in the boot.

"It's all for personal use, officer!"
    Within the EU, duty only applies to alcohol, tobacco and energy. Customs officers might raise an eyebrow in personal interest, but not a professiinal one. Unless they thought it was being used for concealment.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    TigerMoth said:
    in the EU, duty only applies to alcohol, tobacco and energy. Customs officers might raise an eyebrow in personal interest, but not a professiinal one. Unless they thought it was being used for concealment.
    Aaaarrggghhh. Imagine buying a bulk bunch of sets only to have customs tear them open, boxes and bags. I would cry.
    CoraHarrison
  • CoraHarrisonCoraHarrison Member Posts: 242
    AllBrick said:
    TigerMoth said:
    in the EU, duty only applies to alcohol, tobacco and energy. Customs officers might raise an eyebrow in personal interest, but not a professiinal one. Unless they thought it was being used for concealment.
    Aaaarrggghhh. Imagine buying a bulk bunch of sets only to have customs tear them open, boxes and bags. I would cry.

This is my deepest and darkest fear. I'd be sobbing in a corner.    
    AllBrickkhmellymel
    parsom said:
    Do they have Haunted House?
    Only the attraction/ride.
    kiki180703
    Here's the current hard to find section! 
    novicebuilder101aimlesspursuits
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    Nothing that's too hard to find it would seem.
    CoraHarrisonJern92
    No, I didn't really think so either. 
  • cooldude00cooldude00 ukMember Posts: 44
    agreed.. looks like sets that you can find in TRU or lego stores
    hkcrazy88 said:
    Not much has changed since I was there other than they no longer have the Santa's Workshop set.
    hkcrazy88
    AllBrick said:
    And why would they do that? Faithful Fido and X-ray machines get their chance first if they are suspicious, and LEGO isn't something that would prove of interest to either.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    hkcrazy88 said:
    Lego is definitely expensive in Denmark, every one of those is more expensive than the RRP in Australia (yes I realise they are in Kr). We get 20-25% off pretty often too.
    AllBrick
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    This thread almost needs NSFW in the title.  Shame they have sold the SSD and B wing now though (not that I'm going!).
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 204
    Was in the Lego store in Legoland Billund and they were selling #21029 Architecture Buckingham Palace, #21030 Architecture Capitol Building and also series 16 cmf.  So not really a deal but first sightings in Europe.
    HangedSanchez
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    How much are those Tumblers?
    You might wish to look at the date of the post.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    I might.