Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

Minifigure Accessories

rampantsullyrampantsully The Emirates Stadium Member Posts: 76
Do you minifigure collectors display them with any accessories that might have come in the respective set with them, like the Monster Fighter werewolf claws, or is it purely the minifigures you are interested in?

Comments

• TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    I prefer displaying with accessories. They're kinda a part of the minifig, especially when it comes to CMFs. On the other hand some of the army displayers don't display the accessories with the minifigs.
    madforLEGO
  • rampantsullyrampantsully The Emirates Stadium Member Posts: 76
    is there a way of finding the part number for the accessories on bricklink, ie Jack McHammers hammer?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,800
    Yes, you just look at the inventory for the set he is in ...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=9465-1

You can do the same on brickset too.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    Depends on the figure. For CMFs I do but for Star Wars or Superheroes it depends on figure. Example Wolverine has his claws, but Batman doesn't have his Batarang.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Same here as gmonkey says, it depends on the character and whether the accessory is a signature part of him/her.

Thor's hammer, Loki's staff, Hawkeye's bow, Sith/Jedi's lightsabers, etc. are all essential to the characters. Borderline is Clone/Storm Troopers having guns or not.

Otherwise, I prefer no accessories for the minifigs if possible as it's a cleaner look when displayed together. Plus, I have a worry about stretching out the hands if permanently placed with an accessory.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    @BrickDancer , that sounds like something I would say, but if they are on display on a stand, you have already ruined the integrity of the feet ;)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^I wish it wasn't so, but nearly unavoidable except rare instances where they are mounted by the back of their legs like some of the SDCC figs are against the cardboard backing.