Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mini Fig Identifcation

AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
Just bought a job lot off fleabay and some are complete and others are partly and incorrectly assembled - anyway, just wondering if you guys know which figures are rare - I know the ninjago samukai and R2D5 are pretty special ones. Anyone know what that dog like figure on behind the orange mini fig on the top row is ?
1.JPG 308K

Comments

• AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    At first glance, I don't really see anything "special" or "rare". I don't really see anything more than $7.00 USD. My assumption is that these are all in "played with" condition. The only above average ones I see are 2 different Indiana Jones, R2D5, Celebration Luke and maybe a couple more, but I'm not up on all the themes :)
    AceCobra1
    AceCobra1
    The ninjago samukai seems to go over £10 on ebay
    ^As I said, I sm not up on all the themes. I don't collect Ninjago. Is he even complete? I don't see his feet.

Condition is everything when it comes to collecting minifigures. If you want you command a premium for Lego, it must be in great condition.
    AceCobra1
    Yeah, I am planning to complete the fig when I get - got plenty of spares kicking about. If not, will just buy a few 1 cents part to complete it lol
    Most licensed figures are easy to complete/put together. When you buy lots containing older minifigures, you have to make sure all the parts are correct. You can't just buy parts on Bricklink to complete a minifigure. The minifigure has gone through many changes since 1978 and you do not want to put a head from 1986 on a torso from 2001 and legs snd hips from 2014.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    edited April 2015
    As you said, some of them have wrong parts: bomb squad clone trooper, AT-AT pilot, Sugi and a few others.
    AceCobra1
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    Another thing to look out for is that they are all genuine lego. Not just the minifigs, but all the parts to them.

I bought a minifig from an ebay seller last year. The head and hair were genuine. Yet it turned out the torso was a fake and so were the legs. I got a refund and the seller said he didn't know it was a fake torso, but he continued selling them using the same photos and similar minifigs. It wouldn't surprise me if he was buying in fakes, replacing the slightly dodgy printed heads and hair with the lego ones, and selling them as lego.

• jpczjpcz Member Posts: 95
    ^ how do you identify fake parts?  I picked up a 40gal tub of loose pieces. Bunch of instructions tPO so I'm confident that these are real. However, I've found a bunch of other sets that don't have instructions based solely on the torsos. Some expensive potter sets, Pirates, and Spiderman to name a few. I'd be curious, although I'm confident in mine given these were all together with original pieces, how one would tell. 

Also, @Pitfall69 I'd love to know what the difference between a set of legs from the 90s and 00s might be different. As I said, Ibe had to piece everything together I've found in this tub, so I doubt my black legs are getting put on the same torso it came packaged with. In the end, I'm grabbing a black leg and putting it on the correct torso.
  • jpczjpcz Member Posts: 95
    Or even better, when I identified a set from 95 and didn't have the legs...so I bought a set of legs on bricklink in the right color combo. When I put it together is the fig not complete?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    AceCobra1 said:
    The ninjago samukai seems to go over £10 on ebay
    Is that new or used? When people discuss the value of minifigures, they're generally referring to the value in "new" condition. The definition of "new" varies but it almost always means the minifigure hasn't been played with (e.g. it has gone straight from the set bag to an individual baggie for storage).
    Not sure but a lot has been sold over £10 - I guess even used. I see it went up to £16 for the highest sold ones

Any other ones which are uncommon?

Anything decent here ? :P
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    The Egyptian vampire wrestler with the big knife has got to be worth a ton ;)
    chuckpAceCobra1Pitfall69oldtodd33RonyarbobabricksBob123AndorSumoLego
    lol - is that 3 torsos in 1 ? ;)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Standouts in that last picture are the Chicken Suit Guy ($25) and the Gingerbread man ($8). Not a bad lot dependent, of course, on what you get it for.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    Trend Setter too, although she has lost her phone.
    ^Well, she is just a setter now ;)
    chuckp
    @jpcz , I started a thread that might answer some of your questions :)

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/19360/the-evolution-of-the-lego-minifigure#latest
    jpcz
    I am actually a minifigure sellers worst nightmare. Unless the minifigure is sealed or went from set to baggies, I will ask many questions before I even consider purchasing a stand alone minifigure. I consider any minifigure that has been put on a stand or attached to a set "used". It may be in "like new" condition, but it isn't, to me at least. I use loupe to inspect my own minifigures to make sure that all the pieces are correct. If I received a mismatched minifigure from a seller, I would definitely complain. There are actually people that are more anal about their minifigures than I am.
    Andor
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    That 'big knife' that the Egyptian vampire wrestler has, has got to sting. ;)
    bobabricks