Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Dimensions

1313233343537»

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,474

I'm in the UK, but appreciate all the advice! I'm scouring the net for a good price NIB Starter. Tom is also unbelievably desperate for the Sonic set, so I think we need to get that new as well (there's just something about opening a brand new box which is just right for a birthday present - I've fallen for the consumerist kool aid, haven't I? :-)

Everything else, I (and he) are very much happy with second-hand, and discs only. We had a great little conversation about it. I imagine there will be exceptions, where the set is really cool, or he just really likes it or something.

One question. How are the blank discs used? Are the vehicles on separate discs? I'm not sure about how these '...to life' games work. Sorry.

• sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,349
    The vehicles are built while playing the game, you build them IRL then put the blank disc on the writer pad and it writes the ID of the vehicle you built to it.

The minifigs, vehicles or other accessories are indeed all on their own disc.

You can rebuild the vehicles at some point, and then you can put the disc on the pad again and it'll write a different ID to it. You can of course not rebuild it IRL and just overwrite the NFC, but who would do such a thing!

If you don't have the actual bricks but just the pads, marking them with what's written to it is advisable ;)
    MaffyD
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 535
    Smyths had starter packs going for £20 last time I was in there. 
    MaffyDobi_g
    ^ £15 online... can't believe it. That's £75 cheaper than Lego themselves...
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 696
    edited April 2018
    Haven't played the PS3 for ages, mainly just use it as a BluRay player now.  But £20 for the dimensions Starter might just tempt me.  Especially as I was going to buy the Batman from Bricklink anyway for my Batsuit collection.

• Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 535
    Yeah I know. I remember I got Supergirl version for £30 from them ages ago. Only just gave it to my son Xmas just gone. Haven't really played it much but have loads of packs which I've been picking up for over a year in anticipation. 
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 127
    Confirming GameStop is a BAD place to pick up remaining Dimensions. Starters are clearances at $49.97. Packs range from $9-29.97.

better to go to eBay.

I guess it depends.  I purchased Wii U starter shortly after Christmas for $14.95.  My son's been begging for it and finally gave it to him for b-day recently.  Don't know what was up with that, but it was great deal.

Hoping to snare more of the packs on clearance somewhere.  Didn't have much luck at Target.  Walmart dropped prices, but still too much.  Hopefully I can catch when those go on clearance.  Then there's Gamestop, 99 cent stores, 5 Below.  How to watch them all...
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I'd recommend keeping an eye on Gamestop. At one point recently EB Games (which is basically Australian Gamestop) had all level and story packs for around $200AUD which is about 110 pounds.
    Gamestop (US) has placed some non-starter sets on clearance but they still have a bulk of larger and starter packs on MSRP.
    Ooh, that sucks. Disregard my advice, then. It seems to be an Australian thing.
    I hope GameStop is good for you guys in Oz.
    Y'all don't get many cheap Lego breaks...
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,193
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I'd recommend keeping an eye on Gamestop. At one point recently EB Games (which is basically Australian Gamestop) had all level and story packs for around $200AUD which is about 110 pounds.
    Gamestop (US) has placed some non-starter sets on clearance but they still have a bulk of larger and starter packs on MSRP.
    Ooh, that sucks. Disregard my advice, then. It seems to be an Australian thing.
    I hope GameStop is good for you guys in Oz.
    Y'all don't get many cheap Lego breaks...
    Yeah, Gamestop (well, EB Games) here is excellent for everything except actual videogames. It's too bad they care a lot more about Mega Construx than Lego...
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,159
    @MaffyD

Worth checking Sainsbury's - my local Superstore had all level/team packs £15 and all fun packs £5 this morning - including some ghat I hadn't seen them stocking before
    bandit778MaffyD
    Thanks @Shib! I'll check it out. Cheers!