Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Dimensions

Comments

• teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 982
    So you have to use the base every time you play if you want to use that character/vehicle?  I guess that makes sense because too many people would just share things.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    Given that the selling point of Dimensions year one was the ability to use any character and any vehicle in any world I'd say that a Disney specific Dimensions would be a bit too much of a U turn on that.

Supposedly there was 3 years of content planned when Dimensions was launched so I'd say any chance of Disney content wouldn't happen until year 4.

Marvel making it into Dimensions would be a bit of a surprise, but the LEGO Marvel video game was a surprise at the time as that meant Disney allowing Warner Brothers to use their characters so while I don't think the chances are high it is still a possibility.

I'm assuming the connectables are like the Story Packs but continuing the main story
    LEGO_Dad77
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    edited December 2016
    blogzilly said:
    @LEGO_Dad77 it's been interesting to read your journey with this. Mainly because of what you mentioned to me (somewhere, no idea where) the thing about Dark Ages. My Dark Age was vast...maybe lifelong, I was only a LEGO dabbler as a kid. HUGE video gamer though, bordering on addiction. Playing LEGO Dimensions not only ended my Dark Age, it slowly shifted my focus away from games and over to LEGO as a hobby, and I haven't played a game for over four months. So much for the addiction...unless I'm addicted to LEGO now... :)

Been thinking of revisiting Dimensions for this new second wave, but a bit scared to. I was a daily gamer. Don't want to be that again. Hopefully I'll find a medium.

You and your son will have fun with it. It's a fun game...building the stuff is fun. Grinding for studs is a bit boring, but once you get certain vehicles built that are magnetized for studs it gets easier to get more studs. Studs in the game are currency to buy enhancements for your builds "in game". Stuff like missiles, skins, extra speed boosters, etc.

Some Level packs are shit. Some are downright stellar. Best level pack? Bar none it's Doctor Who from wave 1. Especially if you are a fan of DW. But the level itself is brilliantly executed. So is the Midway games level. Portal is OK, Simpsons, Ghostbusters...wow did they stink. There are tons of great websites to help you. My favorite was Kotaku just because there was a breakdown of what was NECESSARY to play the game and the figures and sets you could skip.

Saves a ton of dough. Because a lot of characters repeat powers and abilities.

i could write a lot more, but others who are way better have done it already. Have fun!
    @blogzilly Heh, I've got a pic on my Facebook of the Boy & I watching Doctor Who together when he was freshly 2 years-old. :D I'm TOTALLY STOKED that you consider the best level pack to be DW. I know there's something about being able to play as the Doc in every incarnation.... hopefully there's lots of classic bits in the level itself. Can't wait!!

Yeah, I'm kinda wary of jumping into the gaming world again. I was never like a "gamer" gamer though; I missed the Call of Duty and Halo-type online gaming frenzy, and I was/am glad about that. XD I still enjoy some Mario/DK/Zelda/Pac-Man/Banjo-Kazooie adventuring every once in a while, but not like in the old days. But this LEGO game, with characters from just about every (non-Disney) property all thrown together... man it looks like so much fun!! And fun that I feel good about sharing with the Boy (his Five Nights at Freddy's and the like are not Daddy's favorite).

Dark Ages.... yeah man, I get you. My horrible time away from LEGO wasn't as long as yours, AND I was wayyyyyy more into LEGO as a kid and early teen than you said you were, but still: a Dark Age is a Dark Age. 
    We had some terrible awful unthinkable shit happen in our family several years ago. Between my Son, Doctor Who, and LEGO, my life was saved. My Boy was literally the only person on this Earth who I lived for; it's a little better now, I live for myself as well, and my wife, and other family & friends..... but still mostly My Sweet Beautiful Boy. Doctor Who was a complete escape that came along at the exact right moment, and The LEGO Movie came along a bit after that: dumped me right back into The Joy of Collecting (the most recent big collecting hysterics of mine being Doctor Who action figures.... and your Muppets of course [GOD I MISS 'EM STILL!]).

Still getting through life day by day, but having a blast during the good stuff. :D LEGO is a big part of that, I LOVE LEGO, and really appreciate this forum full of like-minded whacko's. ;)
    dspigeldannyrww77ncaachampsMegtheCatClutchPowersnowhitiecatwrangler
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,377

We had some terrible awful unthinkable shit happen in our family several years ago. Between my Son, Doctor Who, and LEGO, my life was saved. My Boy was literally the only person on this Earth who I lived for; it's a little better now, I live for myself as well, and my wife, and other family & friends..... but still mostly My Sweet Beautiful Boy. Doctor Who was a complete escape that came along at the exact right moment, and The LEGO Movie came along a bit after that: dumped me right back into The Joy of Collecting (the most recent big collecting hysterics of mine being Doctor Who action figures.... and your Muppets of course [GOD I MISS 'EM STILL!]).

Still getting through life day by day, but having a blast during the good stuff. :D LEGO is a big part of that, I LOVE LEGO, and really appreciate this forum full of like-minded whacko's. ;)
    Doctor Who, Muppets, and Lego in the same post.......You are truly awesome (Those are three of my favorite things......the Palisades Muppet line is the best action figure line ever produced)..........Always good to find like-minded whacko's....back on topic....if you get Dimensions the great part about levels like Doctor Who is that they are like mini games unto themselves. You can play just that level or try to do everything the game has to offer. The Doctor Who Level when completed lets you use every version of the Doctor (and Tardis interior too)...the Doctor is my favorite figure to use in the game too (unless my daughters try to take him instead)...........also neat to hear that you share Doctor Who with your son....my two year old shouts "Doctor Who" any time he sees the TARDIS or a sonic screwdriver and my ten year old daughter was the TARDIS for Halloween.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,214
    Question: Does the PS4 starter kit work with the PS4 Pro?

Asking for a friend...
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,012
    Question: Does the PS4 starter kit work with the PS4 Pro?

Asking for a friend...
    should do.
    as far as i know the PS4 and PS4 Pro. is like the 3DS and NEW 3DS.
    PS4 Pro is just a powered up system, it should run all PS4 Games.
    if it did not then i think it would be called the PS5. not PS4 Pro.
    if it don't Run it, it would be save to call it a BUG.
    from what little i know about the PS4 Pro, is that it a PS4 update so the new TV type "4K Ultra HD?" i think it called? can be added to the system along with the CPU Power to use it.
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    @LEGO_Dad77 Thanks for sharing that. Sorry to hear about such a terrible place to be...I'm glad you found your way out. I'm really honored that those toys played a positive part in your life. I miss those days a lot.

The Doctor is a great playable character, his adventure area is great too, loaded with Easter Eggs as is the level. The TARDIS is hard to fly at first once you master it it's easy. The music kicks ass. IMHO the best overall ride for stud farming is the flying DeLorean, second build.

@dannyrww "like-minded whackos"...I like it!
    LEGO_Dad77dannyrww
    Bought a flash drive to move all the Dimensions stuff onto as it has basically filled my 360s memory...could be in for a long wait on the transfer!
    LEGO_Dad77
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    UK - E.T. and Tina Goldstein fun packs are £8.99 on Amazon. 
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    Can anyone see the gb story back on [email protected]?  Seems to have disappeared.  Can't have retired already can It? 
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    Can anyone see the gb story back on [email protected]?  Seems to have disappeared.  Can't have retired already can It? 
    I can see the GB story pack on the US [email protected]
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    dspigel said:
    I can see the GB story pack on the US [email protected]
    Ok so it's not retired. Just now showing up in any way for me. Whether I search ghostbusters, dimensions or the set number.
    I'll keep trying thanks!
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,012
    edited December 2016
    yes the page is missing. uk link is this. https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/product.asp?p=71242&track=checkprice#shopxlink (dead link at this time)
    link found from https://www.lego.com/en-gb/dimensions/products/ghostbusters-story-pack-71242
  • jhuntin1jhuntin1 Indiana, USAMember Posts: 46
    Two questions... First, does anyone else have a Marceline that works, or am I the only one? From what I've read in other forums it sounds like none of them work which is why TRU pulled it. Mine has never had a problem.

Second, does anyone at TT know how to do targeted patches? Thank God my ISP upped my monthly data cap or I'd blow it all updating this game. 12GB patches every week (or so it seems) is ridiculous. Add in 2-5GB for each new expansion world and it takes forever to even get to play the game. There has to be some better way of distributing this game so it doesn't require such beefy downloads.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 472
    FWIW, I've been to 2 TRUs in the past few days and both of them have at least 1 peg full of Marcelines.  I hope that means they all work now since I exchanged the one I ordered around Thanksgiving for one of the ones on the shelf.  I haven't tried it out yet, though...
    I got a new base for Marceline from Lego, but I heard the old ones now work after the most recent update....sadly I misplaced my old one so I have not been able to try it out.
    No time for details... must live some semblance of life outside of XBOX... here's the birthday team so far, will be tripled at Christmas...

dspigeldannyrwwClutchPowercatwranglerobi_g
    I can't seem to find Marceline. I keep checking my local TRU and nothing. It's very annoying living on an island.
    No time for details... must live some semblance of life outside of XBOX... here's the birthday team so far, will be tripled at Christmas...

Good start. Get Gizmo and when you feed him Scooby's sandwich he turns into a Gremlin.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    Gizmo is a gremlin, if you feed him after midnight he produces messed up clones. Get them wet and, well, we know what happens then.

edited December 2016
    Actually feed them after midnight they transform, get them wet and they reproduce.

edit: the last half of that sounds far ruder than I meant
    cheshirecatbandit778LEGO_Dad77ViraniricecakeLego_StarDoctorMcGannWicksy80Bumblepants
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 644
    I thought Gizmo was a mogwai? Not sure how to spell it though.
    gmonkey76ricecakeobi_g
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    Don't have the game itself but we've bought almost every pack. Going to sell the disks of cheaply. They're just going to waste here.
    VorpalRyu
    edited December 2016
    dannyrww said:

Good start. Get Gizmo and when you feed him Scooby's sandwich he turns into a Gremlin.
    Haha! Cool. Yeah I've got a whole bunch already under the tree as some of my Son's Christmas gifts: Gremlins (also grabbed an extra Gremlins pack for myself, cuz y'know, what Mog Squad member WOULDN'T own this awesome pack), all 3 Adventure Time packs, BTTF Level, Emmet, Unikitty, Benny, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Stay Puft, E.T., and DOCTOR WHO! :D

Man I can't wait to unlock all these levels and players! :) I mean... I can wait for my SON to unlock all these levels and players. ;)
    plasmodiumgmonkey76dannyrww
    I ordered some of the new sets from Amazon. Whether I break my no-play streak on the Playstation is another thing altogether. It's like having an evil Djinn in the house. WTF is gonna happen when I uncork that sucker again? Afraid no one will see me again until Easter.
    LEGO_Dad77
    @LEGO_Dad77 Be sure to get the Wicked Witch so you can access the WoO World. It's the only way you can. And it's a fun world to tool around in. Nostalgia and all that shit. If you liked LOTR at all that world is fun. Honestly they all are, but for me the only ones I did not get into were Ninjago and Chima, but just because I don't know anything about them.

I should pull out my Dimensions stuff and go through it. From Wave 1 I got pretty much all of it except out of the last three I am missing Slimer and the golden Ninja guy, which I thought came out a while ago at TRU, Im confused on that one.
    LEGO_Dad77dannyrww
    Also @LEGO_Dad77 a great source for deals is Best Buy. I always got stuff half off or around that there. This week they have a bunch of stuff marked down.
    LEGO_Dad77
    OK sorry for the four pack of posts, but I just went a little nuts on Best Buy, picked up more of this latest wave, finished off the last of Wave 1, even went on eBay and got Supergirl and Green Arrow. Someone needs to do a drive-by.

Since we are here discussing Dimensions, gotta question for those who have played the game and also collected almost everything from it.

How did you handle all the assets? At first I had some Drawer trays turned sideways hung on a wall next to where I sat for the game. That worked OK for me, but I got tired of dusting everything all the time.

After that, I started using a large tackle type box, but I was also running out of room in a single box. I know I won't have room if (when) I start playing (attacking) the game again. So I was just curious what everyone else did.

LEGO_Dad77
    I labelled the vehicle/gadget bases and keep the physical models seperate to the bases, I find the models get in the way anyway. This way I can keep the bases in a grip seal bag easily
    obi_g
    Shib said:
    I labelled the vehicle/gadget bases and keep the physical models seperate to the bases, I find the models get in the way anyway. This way I can keep the bases in a grip seal bag easily
    That's not a bad idea, though it is kinda fun to have the models out and on the toy pad. At least, for me. But I could re-think that, wouldn't be the first time. 

UGH...I just completed all available items. Buying I mean. And YET...I still do not have 100% achievement in the graph on my database info. Funny that I looked, that is the gamer in me creeping back out. That sumbitch must be killed before he gets loose.

But anyway, here is why no 100%..I don't have all the Starter Packs for all the different consoles. That got me to thinking...and I will figure out how to phrase this and come back and post in the right thread so it gets seen, but I wonder if there is a way to add that functionality to the database someday, an exclusionary option? Like, in say 2015...or some other year or theme where there might be options where one might not buy all items but still have an overall sense of completeness, could one check off a box that takes that item or those items out of the calculations when the database runs your info? Food for thought....munch munch.
    edited December 2016
    @blogzilly Thanks for the Best Buy tip, I'll definitely have to take advantage of their deals. Is there more to do in OZ than defeat the Wicked Witch? Or... that kinda brings up another question: is every game experience the same, or does it differ for everyone; where we get warped to from the very beginning? I'm gonna pick her up anyway simply cuz she can fly AND she's heavily marked down at my Walmart. :D

Lol, the Ninjago and Chima guys are actually kinda cool! The Boy and I watched most of their series' on Netflix, pretty entertaining at times. I'll definitely be picking up the Nya & Mech pack real soon.

After I took that picture of the Team So Far last night, my thoughts immediately veered towards easily accessible storage for them all. I'm hoping to draw from any ideas that others post here; was thinking about mounting some kind of spice rack on the side of our console table.
    @LEGO_Dad77 I think that's key. If you know the material well then I think levels mean more and are more fun. I'm sure I'll really like Mission Impossible especially if there are Easter Eggs to the TV show. Others might go...DAFUQ???

And there is ALWAYS more to do...you need studs and gold bricks my friend and lots of them.
    LEGO_Dad77ClutchPower
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Here is how I store my figures. You can get them fairly cheap on amazon. Its a sewing storage box. I keep some of the playsets on the other side but mostly just use it for the figures since I just tag the disk with the name and store the playsets seperately since they are very bulky.

LEGO_Dad77sonatine01
    edited December 2016
    blogzilly said:
    And there is ALWAYS more to do...you need studs and gold bricks my friend and lots of them.
    Heh, so we were playing the OZ level... as I was grabbing my Cyberman from the LEGO shelf in the back playroom, I guess my Son kept going and hit some kind of checkpoint, so I couldn't go back to kick down a silver gate and explore that section of the road.

Happened again in the poppy fields; I had just realized I could mow 'em down with a vehicle and gather loads of studs, and the Boy went through the gates checkpoint. XD

Yeah, I gotta get back there and do some more adventuring. Or: I'm Going To Go Back There Someday. :D
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,113
    I haven't started playing the game yet but have been thinking about the best way to have the discs readily available without taking up to much room (Boss would probably not appreciate they whole lot left out for the duration of the game).
    So far my deliberations have got me as far as the stickers for the vehicle discs and purchasing a case similar to the type coin collectors use so they are stored in trays that are easily visible/accessible while playing.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,907
    dspigel said:
    I can't seem to find Marceline. I keep checking my local TRU and nothing. It's very annoying living on an island.
    With the nice weather, beaches, wildlife and whatnot.

(It's 15 degrees and miserable in New York.  I'm jealous.)
    dspigelgmonkey76stlux
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Saw Marcelines at my TRU.

Not sure if they work or they are the faulty ones that haven't been pulled.
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 319
    If you can't find some of the older fun packs, check at 5 Below if they are in your area.  My local store sells them for $5, and occasionally bogo.  I bought Nya  there last night, and they had Chima, Lego Movie, Ninjago, and LOTR except for gollum.  They had Wonder Woman too I think, and probably others I can't remember right now.
    LEGO_Dad77
    I take it back. I did not buy it all. 4 shopping cart items were sitting there this morning. Forgot to check out from one of the online stores! And there they shall remain as on this round I'm out of cash until I sell something again because I'm a dork and wanted a dopey Gingerbread man so I spent my last fitty on something I don't even really care about. 

OOOOOoooo TLG you task me...you task me and I shall have you...
    SumoLegoLEGO_Dad77
    For 4 days, 12/17 thru 12/20, five below is selling dimensions fun packs for $3.99  instead of their usual $5.  They haven't had any of the newer ones, unless they get something else in for this sale.
    ^^^ wish I could jump on this.
    AllBrick
    @dspigel  Do you have five below stores in Hawaii?
    I haven't seen any around here. If there is one here I doubt it would be $5. Its crazy expensive here.
    Legogram said:
    @dspigel  Do you have five below stores in Hawaii?
    So I looked around and nothing. 
    Boxer won't let us defeat her. :( Haha!
    .... "Boxer"???

GOZER!!! >:( Damn autocorrect and me being in a tired hurry.
    AllBrick
    I had trouble with the Gozer fight hlitching too, had to exit the level unfortunately 
    LEGO_Dad77
    Oh no! That's what I was afraid of, dang. I wish there was a way to choose your checkpoint. :|
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 644
    I've got to ask but does anyone know what the Goonies and Powerpuff Girls Dimensions are ? Are they the connectables or just fun packs ? I can't remember if they'd been mentioned on Brickset already.
    LEGO_Dad77
    I'm pretty sure the Goonies one will be a Fun Pack as we've seen the Sloth Minifigure in the promos, but the ingame portal for PowerPuff Girls shows buildable figures (i.e., Adventure Time Ideas set), so maybe that's part of what "connectables" are?
    sonatine01