Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Dimensions

Comments

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,377
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but are the Battle Arenas any good? It seems kinda cheesy in a way, but maybe a good addition for the game.
    I like to play capture the flag with my kids, but the other types of games are not that great. Also its more fun to play with others than against the computer.
    ClutchPowerkiki180703
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 580
    Five Below has a deal 2 for $5 good until 10/21

Wow that's a good deal even if it's the less popular figures. Heck even £5 for a set is good price far less 2 for $5!!!
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    Thebrickfan.com has details of how to get the green arrow at brick 
  • TresillianTresillian Member Posts: 60
    All level and team packs are currently £19.99 on Amazon.co.uk including the soon to be released ones.  I just picked up, both Adventure Time, Gremlins and Harry Potter for £79.00. Christmas presents sorted!
  • JolaJola Surrey, UKMember Posts: 19
    Sainsbury's had offer on packs today 3for2
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 311
    All level and team packs are currently £19.99 on Amazon.co.uk including the soon to be released ones.  I just picked up, both Adventure Time, Gremlins and Harry Potter for £79.00. Christmas presents sorted!
    GAME also has this same offer on in their stores and online - took advantage today and grabbed the Adventure Time level pack!
  • ZoeperJZoeperJ KufsteinMember Posts: 5
    Hi LEGO-Fans!

I might have a complex question...

Now I read up about the DLC-locks by SONY Playstation. (Sony Community http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Games/About-Sony-s-game-DLC-Add-on-region-lock-logic/m-p/21521701 and Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/31qit1/please_help_me_understand_region_locks_and_dlc/)

I have a UK Account for my PS4 (I live in Austria (and currently work in Germany)).
    When I purchase a game, I purchase it generally in the UK (when I want to purchase DLCs). Some other games I purchase anywhere (NL, FR, Germany, Austria).
    Though with LEGO Dimensions I am unsure how this works, and there is no one I can ask to "test" this.

Is there anyone who has had a similar question/answer for this?

Thanks everyone!

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    I can't tell, do you already own Dimensions? If so all the content can be downloaded for free - fore up the game and update everything, then you'll have all the content, but you'll only be able to access it with the right toy tags.

if you don't already own it then you'll probably need someone with more knowledge of Sony specific operations. (It might also help to restate what you're asking as a direct question, I'm making a few assumptions after reading your post)

It's difficult to say how Dimensions compares with DLC as it's not handled in the same way as traditional DLC.

Looks like GAME are putting prices back up on the Dimensions packs, had an email to tell me they'd still honour the price I'd ordered at but prices were increasing.

I really can't wait for the Sonic pack, still really hope they do something in the way of a Tails/Knuckles team pack and a Robotnic Fun pack - or to be really out there a Robotnic/Metal Sonic Team pack ;-)
    ZoeperJkiki180703
    Shib said:
    I can't tell, do you already own Dimensions? If so all the content can be downloaded for free - fore up the game and update everything, then you'll have all the content, but you'll only be able to access it with the right toy tags.

if you don't already own it then you'll probably need someone with more knowledge of Sony specific operations. (It might also help to restate what you're asking as a direct question, I'm making a few assumptions after reading your post)

It's difficult to say how Dimensions compares with DLC as it's not handled in the same way as traditional DLC.

Looks like GAME are putting prices back up on the Dimensions packs, had an email to tell me they'd still honour the price I'd ordered at but prices were increasing.
    Hi Shib,

Thank you! I think you  answered the question.
    I'd like to understand if I need to purchase the Starter Pack and Level/Fun/Party Packs in the UK or if I can purchase any of them anywhere around the world?

As I understood the content is already available via a Patch or in the game and there is no additional DLC-download required based on a PSN or Xbox Live code. The RFID/Tag from the Minifigure or vehicle will open the vehicle or Minifigure ingame.

I currently don't own LEGO Dimensions yet, but I am interested into buying it? Though still not completely sure.

I am looking forward for The Simpsons, Back to the Future and Gremlins... that is what has triggered my interest a bit further.
    LEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    I've seen a number of people order  level fun and team packs from USA or Europe to UK and they've worked fine. Maybe the starter pack is region specific with the disc but not sure on that. 
    ZoeperJkiki180703
    The fun and level packs don't actually contain the data for the new content though, they just unlock it. So if you haven't updated the game to year two none of the "gold disc" characters will work
    ZoeperJkiki180703LEGO_Dad77gmonkey76
    I've found a way to test this. Apparently there is a store in Germany where I can rent the Starter Pack. Now I'll purchase some Disc Tags (and Minifigures... yeah!) and I'll see what happens??

That'll tell me if I need to purchase the Starter Pack in the same country as my PSN Account or if I can get the base game anywhere and also the Level packs etc.

What are "gold disc" characters? Are those newer characters? E.g. Doc Emmet Brown or B.A. Baracus?

Just those from year two, so B A Baracus is but doc brown isn't.

you don't even need to buy any additional packs to test, you just need to put the disc in and see if it will let you run all the updates, then it should give you the option to download any of the additional content.
    ZoeperJkiki180703
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 542
    Shib said:
    Seems to me (in the U.K. at least) the year two Level and Team packs have been available at discounted prices more readily than year one stuff - I wonder if retailers have found that the RRP was set just a little too high from year one and accordingly not bothered waiting too long to discount them.

Sonic level pack has been available to preorder at £20 - I don't recall any of the previous stuff being discounted beyond a couple of £ for preorder.
    chat with my local Game store and they said that people had got wise to the fact that the dimensions sets went in to offers soon after launch so were holding off buying them. because of this, they decided to reduce the price immediately to get stock moving! TRU had done the same. argos hadnt though...
    Shib said:
    I have the issue with the instructions popping up when I play as Abby for the first time each session, but I just press B and they disappear.
    have avoided playing the story mission, again. i loaded it up when i got it and as i finished the level my ps4 crashed with a game related error and it trashed my save. had an older one in "the cloud" as the saving mechanism that copies regularly to the cloud from ps4 seems broken but i lost a ton of everything. a quick google and look around reddit shows i'm not alone in having this issue with the story packs corrupting saves. will wait and see if it's patched for when Fantastic Beasts is launched!
    edited November 2016
    ZoeperJ said:
    I've found a way to test this. Apparently there is a store in Germany where I can rent the Starter Pack. Now I'll purchase some Disc Tags (and Minifigures... yeah!) and I'll see what happens??

That'll tell me if I need to purchase the Starter Pack in the same country as my PSN Account or if I can get the base game anywhere and also the Level packs etc.

What are "gold disc" characters? Are those newer characters? E.g. Doc Emmet Brown or B.A. Baracus?

i picked up a load of year 1 figures in the US (about half the ninjago, joker / harley, doc brown, superman, a few more) and with year 1 the characters and levels are all in the game updates that you get from sony / xbox after installing the starter pack. with year 2 they have changed the download mechanic a little in that you only need to download the pack that you are trying to play so as to save space. you'll get prompted every time you put a character on the pad that you dont have, to go to the psn / xbox store to download the "dlc" for free.

you will need the starter pack for your region but as the rest is downloaded then you can get that from anywhere. there is no media inside the packs other than the starter pack which has the game disk.

gold disk characters are year 2 and blue disk characters are year 1. it's a way to differentiate them!

hope that helps :)
    ZoeperJkiki180703LEGO_Dad77
    obi_g said:
    i picked up a load of year 1 figures in the US (about half the ninjago, joker / harley, doc brown, superman, a few more) and with year 1 the characters and levels are all in the game updates that you get from sony / xbox after installing the starter pack. with year 2 they have changed the download mechanic a little in that you only need to download the pack that you are trying to play so as to save space. you'll get prompted every time you put a character on the pad that you dont have, to go to the psn / xbox store to download the "dlc" for free.

you will need the starter pack for your region but as the rest is downloaded then you can get that from anywhere. there is no media inside the packs other than the starter pack which has the game disk.

gold disk characters are year 2 and blue disk characters are year 1. it's a way to differentiate them!

hope that helps :)
    That is indeed a lot of help. Currently there are some sales in the UK from what I've seen...
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    There are some cool deals for Black Friday at GameStop such as a Green Arrow figure with any purchase:

77ncaachampsgmonkey76LegogramAllBrickkiki180703
    I picked up the Adventure Time packs on the cheap. I'd tried to watch the show a couple of times and didn't get it, now....

I REALLY don't get. In fact I found the characters so annoying while playing the level pack that I had to mute it and put some music on instead. 

Don't regret buying them, I got a good deal on them and the figures have the potential to be useful in the future - plus Finn seems to have some (currently) unique skills, so the digital content is useful too.

(I'd like to add that I don't judge anyone for liking Adventure Time, I like a lot of stuff that most people wave off as just stupid, but Adventure Time is just one of those things that is clearly not for me)
    LEGO_Dad77
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    I'm just getting back into dimensions with the Harry Potter team. 
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    Shib said:
    I picked up the Adventure Time packs on the cheap. I'd tried to watch the show a couple of times and didn't get it, now....

I REALLY don't get. In fact I found the characters so annoying while playing the level pack that I had to mute it and put some music on instead. 

Don't regret buying them, I got a good deal on them and the figures have the potential to be useful in the future - plus Finn seems to have some (currently) unique skills, so the digital content is useful too.

(I'd like to add that I don't judge anyone for liking Adventure Time, I like a lot of stuff that most people wave off as just stupid, but Adventure Time is just one of those things that is clearly not for me)
    I hear you. I don't care at all for Adventure Time and it annoys me that I'll have to play through it if I want to 100% the game - but hey, I guess that's the nature of the game, and it's unlikely that they will appease everyone with the wide range of properties they're getting onto the platform. That said, I'm hoping to snag the discs at some point rather than paying the £25 for the pack. 
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    edited November 2016
    On another Dimensions note, for anyone who's not on Reddit, there is a Dimensions community on there, and one of the members has made a superb and very helpful spreadsheet that lets you track the packs you have and what you're missing to hit 100%. You can get the spreadsheet here: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/wiki/tracker
    stluxLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
    Hi all,

I'd like to confirm that a PS4 with a UK account, a base game with the Back to the Future Level and Fun pack from Germany and B.A. Baracus w/ the A-Team Van work great together and I've had much fun over the last weekend...

Cannot wait for the Goonies, Beetlejuice and the new Harry Potter Beast game to name a few.

Enjoy your work week!!

Jean-Paul
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    @shib - Regarding Adventure Time, what's to get? Remember Ren & Stimpy? AT very much reminds me of R&S, that and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 90
    Anyone else had issues with Dimensions crashing after downloading/installing the Ghostbusters Story Pack? I can't get past the Warner Bros. logo now...
    AllBrick said:
    @shib - Regarding Adventure Time, what's to get? Remember Ren & Stimpy? AT very much reminds me of R&S, that and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
    I get it's just personal preference but normally even with stuff I don't like I can generally understand what someone might enjoy with it, and with AT I really struggle to see anything that's good about it.

Perhaps it's just me getting old ;-) 
    ZoeperJ
    edited November 2016
    I want to write a guide for everyone about the LEGO Dimensions deals this Black Friday so that everyone will be prepared and not get mixed up:

If you are looking for cheap team packs, TRU will sell them for $12.49 which is 50% off, an excellent deal in my opinion! :D

If you want to buy some level packs, TRU and Walmart will sell them for $14.99, another great deal.

If you are looking for some fun packs, TRU will have them 3 for $20, although even though a good deal, for some of the unpopular packs, you can occasionally find them on Amazon for about $5-$7.

Keep in mind that for the team and level packs, GameStop will sell them for $15 and $20, but you will get an Green Arrow figure for free, something most players really wanted when they were given away at SDCC.

To sum it all up, I would buy everything at TRU, unless you want an Green Arrow figure. Tough choices indeed. Again, I wrote this so that everyone who wants to know all the prices and deals will know ahead of time. Hope everyone has luck on buying what they want on Black Fricay ( but really just Thanksgiving.) :D

LegogramMegtheCat
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    Shib said:
    AllBrick said:
    I get it's just personal preference but normally even with stuff I don't like I can generally understand what someone might enjoy with it, and with AT I really struggle to see anything that's good about it.

What's good about Adventure Time is that has a very original and deep backstory for a "kids show." It may seem like a bunch of nonsense at first, but it actually takes place far into the future of our world after an apocalyptic war changed everything. It's riddled with clever jokes and absurd humor and has a myriad of colorful, loveable characters and isn't afraid to get deep at times. I love it, but I guess it's not for everyone. 
    LEGO_Dad77stlux
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,317
    Are we sure that the Green Arrow figure is a playable figure with dimensions base or is it just a figure in a poly bag?
    Here is the picture of it @starfire2 :

I picked up the Fantastic Beasts, Sonic & ET packs yesterday - Sonic & ET I got in the Sainsbury's Nectar double up so essentially paid less than £20 of points for both.

It seems to me the pricing on year two is behaving a lot more like the gaming market than the toy market which is good, less waiting around for good deals.

think I'm going to try to play the Sonic level today and do a review on the main site later.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,308
    edited November 2016
    Wondering what's going on with [email protected], has Fantastic Beasts & Ghost Busters story packs for AU$15.99 at the moment, all the new packs are pretty cheap too, hoping they'll honour the prices & it isn't a glitch...
    Coolguy5000khmellymelkiki180703
    Ok, I absolutely love the Sonic level - they hit so much nostalgia with that! Some of the dialogue is a bit on the childish side but there's a lot of fun in it too. Definitely left set up for something else too, curious to see what the connectables are even more now
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Shib said:
    AllBrick said:

What's good about Adventure Time is that has a very original and deep backstory for a "kids show." It may seem like a bunch of nonsense at first, but it actually takes place far into the future of our world after an apocalyptic war changed everything. It's riddled with clever jokes and absurd humor and has a myriad of colorful, loveable characters and isn't afraid to get deep at times. I love it, but I guess it's not for everyone. 
    @matticus_bricks, agreed 100%! My favorite show, and already my most missed show since they announced an eventual ending in the next year or so (I try not to focus on that, but damn... it lingers).

The characters, the stories... there's several HUGE story arcs across alllllllllllllll the seasons. Sometimes it's the main focus of the episode, sometimes it's minimal, & at other times it's not referenced at all. All the characters (even the tertiary "one-off" characters! Who usually return btw) have deeply thoughtful & interesting (and usually extremely emotional) back stories, while also currently experiencing serious and very relatable life events & changes.

Funny, SOOOOO funny - whether it's a slapstick sight-gag, running gag, or a seemingly improvised on-the-spot outta NOWHERE gag or one-liner - it's all there.

I understand when people say that they "don't get it", because at first, I thought it was mindless drivel too, as I only caught parts of episodes in passing. Once I decided to actually WATCH it however, it quickly became clear how smart and meaningful the writing actually is. This is my FAVORITE cartoon right now, it's a complete escape... that must be another reason why I love it as I do. Much like when I first discovered Doctor Who a few years back. Hmm...

At any rate, I highly recommend EVERYONE to give this show the fighting chance it deserves, and enjoy the heart and silliness along with the throngs of fans already IN. :D Can't wait to own EVERYTHING Adventure Time from LEGO!
    tomahawkermatticus_brickskiki180703AllBrick
    I absolutely loved the Sonic level, it really hit all the right notes for nostalgia. I grew up with a Megadrive and played all the old Sonic games to death. Whoever directed that level must has been a long time fan too, references to loads of Sonic games. 

Most interesting things though, it made references to the main Dimensions Story, and finished on a cliffhanger. I'm more convinced than ever that the Connectable sets will be something in the way of a continuing storyline.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,483
    Lego Batman Movie packs now up for pre-order at Argos and images over at the brick fanatics site.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 339
    Will any stores have the Story Packs on sale this week?
    Will any stores have the Story Packs on sale this week?
    Nope it seems....though Toys R Us has 3 for $20 fun packs now if you use promo code blackfriday at checkout.......perfect for getting ET, Fantastic Beasts, and Marceline.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Fantastic Beasts story pack is $29.99 at Amazon this morning.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    best buy seems to have all the story pack on sales for 29.99
    MegtheCatkiki18070377ncaachamps
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,707
    So does Gamestop. Fairly certain that last night TRU did not have the Fantastic Beats set on sale, but they had it on sale at Gamestop last night. Also keep an eye on Amazon if you miss them somewhere as it appears that they are price matching
    MegtheCat
  • SueSlySueSly Member Posts: 1
    Just got back from Toys R Us in southern Nevada. They would not sell me Marceline.  The system has marked them do not sell, I assume due to all the reports of the toy tag being blank. It was the only one on the shelf so I guess they missed it when they pulled them.  The manager did offer to sell me the other two fun packs I was going to buy at the black Friday sale price.  
    Urgh...first level of the Fantastic Beasts pack I hit a glitch which meant quitting the level. As much as I love the LEGO games they are the glichiest series I regularly play
    sonatine01LEGO_Dad77gmonkey76
    ^What system are you playing on? Or are they all glitchy?

I sure hope that's not the case. One of my Sons biggest birthday/Christmas gifts is the new smaller XBOX One, along with Dimensions and a buttload of level/team/play packs. Really hoping it's not gonna glitch all over the place.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,707
    I think the XBox 360 has a lot of the glitches, but the 'One' should be OK (at least that is what I have heard). Otherwise check the internet for magazine reviews as there should be some reviews of how the games play on the different consoles.
    LEGO_Dad77
    360, but have heard from others they've had problems on other systems. I don't think I've ever made it through a single LEGO game without at least one massive game ending glitch.
    LEGO_Dad77
    edited November 2016
    ^Booooooo. I hope it's okay like @madforLEGO said. *crosses fingers* Thank you both for your input. :)

AND I've just read in another thread about installing Level Packs. The Boy will have Three of four I believe (maybe more? I've kinda lost count); Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Adventure Time, and Back to the Future. Are all these Level installs? And I've no idea the difference between Team & Fun packs. XD

The last new console in my home was the first Wii, so I'm diving into XBOX headfirst with ZERO experience. I think we bought him the 500 GB version ONE. Really hoping everything runs smoothly with plenty of room for uploading and saving and some blah-blah-blah too. :D
    I have it on the wii u and have very few problems. It does take awhile to download things, but I have g=had the game since day one so very few large downloads...it might take longer if you are buying into it now as there is more content.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    AND I've just read in another thread about installing Level Packs. The Boy will have Three of four I believe (maybe more? I've kinda lost count); Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Adventure Time, and Back to the Future. Are all these Level installs? And I've no idea the difference between Team & Fun packs. XD

There are also level packs for The Simpsons, Portal 2, Midway Arcade, Mission Impossible, and Sonic the Hedgehog. Team and Fund packs are just characters and their vehicles. They don't add any new content to the game except for access to some areas but I think you still have to download updates for them.

LEGO_Dad77
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    My pre-ordered Marceline has the blank tag. That's a bummer, but it's not like I have time to play the game right now, so we'll see what customer service can do.