Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Dimensions

Comments

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    its the sale we all have been waiting for. Toys R Us has fun packs for 2 for $18.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,592
    @Xefan well, you know how it works, companies don't exist to set the fairest prices but to maximize their profits
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,489
    Do the add ons appear in game if you place the unopened box on the pad? 
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Unlikely. Maybe if you shake it about a lot and keep trying.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,477
    I tried this with an amiibo recently, doesn't work, but Nintendo have put a little foil covered piece of card in the bottom of the packaging which I assume is to stop it working (I've tried the relative distance and they work out of package.

I can't see anything with the Dimensions packaging that would have the same effect but other bricks getting in the way would be the issue. Seeing as they are only sealed by tape it's not like opening the box is going to make a huge difference, you'd likely be more successful with sealed bags out of box.
  • WallaceWallace Member Posts: 134
    Why would you even want to do that?
    matticus_bricksTheUltimateTFOL
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    edited December 2015
    Wallace said:
    Nintendo has stated that they actual want people to open up and play with their Amiibo. They put the foil piece in there to encourage that, but all that it has done is get crazy collectors to gently dig into the packaging to pull it out, or force them to collect a sealed and unsealed set of... what was it now... oh yeah! 95 different figurines times 2!

The only one that doesn't follow this rule is Shovel Knight, who is manufactured in the same factory as the Disney Infinity figures (which don't have that foil sheet).
    Amanda1983
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,367
    Amiibo collectors are dumb. I don't get it.

CM4S said:

I don't consider myself an Amiibo collector but I have 3. They are neat figures of character i like that unlock bonus content in several games. I'm sure a lot of people would call AFOLs dumb.

Wallace said:
    I was trying to be a smart arse and using an amiibo that I bought for someone else to unlock some content before i passed it on. In terms of dimensions I wouldn't want to personally, but nisb collectors might want to, plus game shops around me are only accepting trade ins on sealed Dimensions sets, presumably so they don't have to check for missing parts/bite marks etc.
    VorpalRyuAmanda1983
  • rangermattrangermatt Walsall, United KingdomMember Posts: 61
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if the game works fine without any updates. I'll be giving the game at Christmas and will be expecting PSN to be offline due to the DDoS attack. We've got the Starter, Scooby-Doo, Simpsons (level) and Doctor Who packs
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,780
    @rangermatt game works fine, but unless they updated the basic disc you won't be able to access Scooby-Doo, Simpsons, or Doctor Who levels. You will be able to use the characters in the regular game levels.
    edited December 2015
    CM4S said:
    If you don't get it whilst enjoying collecting Lego, you may wish to consider that perhaps it's not the Amiibo collectors that are dumb.
    VorpalRyukiki180703datsunrobbieAmanda1983
    @MattsWhat - my thoughts exactly. I don't judge other collectors of anything because frankly it's pretty hypocritical
    VorpalRyukiki180703SumoLegoAmanda1983
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    CM4S said:

It's dumb...if you succumb to resellers. Patience is key. Rarity has been a dreadful thing for Nintendo.
    Being that they are the most versatile, game wise, of the toys-2-life genre, not to mention their extremely iconic appearance as well as physical representations of the Smash Bros. Trophies (that's the big kicker, if the figure comes from Smash Bros.) Amiibo are crazy cool.

Like all T2L games, it's all up to the eyes of the beholder... I own 50+...
    kiki180703nychromastoneAmanda1983
  • rangermattrangermatt Walsall, United KingdomMember Posts: 61
    Thanks @gmonkey76, we should have enough to do then, the adventure worlds and further levels can wait a few days.                   
    Amanda1983
  • TheUltimateTFOLTheUltimateTFOL Texas, USAMember Posts: 155
    Does anyone know which two fun packs that are currently released have the most powers together? (I want to take advantage of the Target deal).
    NVM, I think the deal is over.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,013
    Shib said:
    @MattsWhat - my thoughts exactly. I don't judge other collectors of anything because frankly it's pretty hypocritical
    Except Beanie Babies collectors.  That's the worst. /sarc
    VorpalRyukiki180703dannyrwwAmanda1983
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,296
    You've never heard of sports card collectors? :-)
    SumoLegoVorpalRyuAmanda1983
    I tried so hard to resist but I couldn't help myself. Stamp Collectors.
    Amanda1983
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,064
    I'm a money collector so it's even more expensive than Lego ;)
    Amanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,013
    Funny you mentioned sports cards.  I sold all of mine in 1995 to pay for a '72 Chevrolet Chevelle.  One of the best decisions I ever made.  The bottom fell out of that market!

I will say, fundamentally, that even if the same happened to the Lego market - you can still build the sets and use it as a toy.  

Sports cards are good for... stacking?
    VorpalRyukiki180703Amanda1983
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247

Is there any differences between the different starter pack or the game it self on different system ?
    I currently only have a Wii and considering getting a used system just for dimension as my daughter and I always have a blast playing the LEGO games on the Wii, was bummed to see that Dimensions was not supported on it..
    I do not have any other game interest (so far) and would probably avoid the PS3 and Xbox 360 as they are the older generation, what would be your pick between the Wii U, PS4 or Xbox One ?

Amanda1983
    I would say an Xbox One if you play more adult games and a PS4 if not. The Wii U does not have as many games as either of them and I think a new Nintendo console is coming out next year anyways so you might want to wait for that if you mainly play games with your daughter. Also, Lego stopped making games for the Wii after the original Marvel Superheroes game.
    DawnAmanda1983
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,305
    Collections are all about what you make of 'em! I collect both money and stamps... and have since I was a kid, so it's not an age thing.

I keep the stamps from packets and mail I am sent, so being an online shopper I have quite a few domestic ones :S  My fave part of the collection though is if I'm in another country I mail myself a postcard with a diary of the trip written on it and keep the stamp.  Same with money; I keep at least the smallest denomination note of any country that I have been to, or if I have visited the landmark, etc.  I have been to over 130 cities in more than 20 countries so I have quite a lot of stamps and money about.  I find them better souvenirs than all the tat that the shops sell, and you never have to worry about overweight luggage :)

Hmm, way off topic... to bring it back to topic (well, Lego)... this is my favourite part of my collection right now!

kiki180703ricecakeAanchirbandit778SumoLegoprincedravenlegonut80catwranglerAmanda1983
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    I saw on BrickPicker that Amazon US is having a sale on Dimensions Fun Packs and Team Packs.  $5 off Fun Packs and $10 off Team Packs.  The discount won't show up until you go to checkout.  Preorders and already discounted packs are included.  The Wicked Witch pack is on sale for $11.88, so I picked it up for $6.88 after the discount.  I also pre-ordered the Slimer and Stay Puft packs.
    dannyrwwkiki180703gmonkey76Amanda1983
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 123
    Yeah, I took advantage of that too... can't believe it works on pre-orders!
    gmonkey76kiki180703Amanda1983
    The Dimensions prices seem to be fluctuating wildly, yesterday the Wicked Witch was $11.88, this morning it was $14.99, and now, only about 3 hours later, it is $16.98!
    Amanda1983
  • mldj77mldj77 Philadelphia, PAMember Posts: 63
    Thanks @jadeirene, I just ordered BTTF Level Pack, preordered Ghostbusters Level Pack, and Ghostbusters Stay Puft Fun Pack. I got $25 off plus free shipping, what a steal! [email protected] can't compete, spend $100 to get $5 credit, spend $75 to get free shipping. 
    gmonkey76kiki180703Amanda1983
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,780
    Went and pre-ordered all the ones coming out for around $150 plus can't remember the full price, but I think I saved over $60.
    Amanda1983
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    Thanks for the heads up! I managed to pre-order a handful and finally get one of the Chima characters, for completeness' sake. Paying only ~$6 helped make that decision easier.
    Amanda1983
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    The Dimensions prices seem to be fluctuating wildly, yesterday the Wicked Witch was $11.88, this morning it was $14.99, and now, only about 3 hours later, it is $16.98!
    That means it's sold out by Amazon and it's being sold by third party sellers.  I think there were other packs that were already on sale and were sold out (like the Unikitty pack) before I saw this.
    Amanda1983
    Thanks, I just checked it out and it looks like you are right. Hopefully the deal doesn't end before then.
    Certain Fun Packs at Gamestop $7.49, Amazon has met that price. The $10 is still applying for the bigger packs. They're sold out on Amazon, backordered, but it's just a matter of going to the New offers and finding the right listing. 
    Amanda1983
    I just checked and it includes the Cyberman and Doc Brown which are not out yet.....great deal for new figures.
    It won't let me order the preorders :(
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 323
    I was able to add the preorders to my cart (at the$7.49 price) but I did not get them because I have spent way to much on Dimensions over the past few days.  Thanks to the sales for $20 level packs, $15 team packs, and $7.49 fun packs.  I really like the train in the doc brown pack but can't justify it quite yet since I already have the BTTF level pack.  My first goal is to get packs that unlock new content and then get other packs that I might like.
    Amanda1983
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I ordered the new preorder ones that were on sale. It even let me do store pick up option.
    Amanda1983
    I ordered all these Dimensions sets for the mini figures and mini builds only. But the build instructions are only in the game which I don't have. Any place I can find build instructions for them? 
    I built all of mine before even starting up the game because... I just needed to. I wanted to clear up the packaging and get everything sorted and clean. Used the instructions here http://lego.brickinstructions.com/en/lego_instructions/theme/lego_dimensions/1
    Amanda1983
    ^ Awesome, thanks @mr.piggles!
    I tried the preorder again and it worked...I had to change stores for some reason. Preordered Doc Brown and the Cyberman.
    Amanda1983
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited January 2016
    mldj77 said:
    I ordered all these Dimensions sets for the mini figures and mini builds only. But the build instructions are only in the game which I don't have. Any place I can find build instructions for them? 
    In addition to what @mr.piggles said, a lot can also be found on the official site:
    https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions
    Amanda1983
    edited January 2016
    I think there's an app for it too.
    Amanda1983
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Quick question. Kids got a level pack each at christmas - is there a simple way of getting into one of the non main-story levels. At the moment we start dimensions - load their saved game, pull up the menu, return to vortex (or something I can't remember) and from there can choose the, for example, portal level. But that seems very long winded.
    Amanda1983
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    edited January 2016
    TRU has fun packs 2 for $15 in store. Good time to get the blue ninja.
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 323
    ^^there is an elevator in the lower left corner of the screen.  Take that upstairs and there are vortexes for each adventure world...but it takes longer to walk there than selecting it from the main platform.
    kiki180703Amanda1983
    I think there's an app for it too.
    The app doesn't seem to offer access to any instructions on Android or if they do I sure as hell can't find them, so not sure if the instructions in app are what, an Apple only thing?
    Amanda1983