Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars Celebration VII Exclusive

binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
GoldchainsLostInTranslationyys4ucarlqchuckpjust2goodVorpalRyuAdzbadboynorthernbrick67

Comments

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Looks cool(I think), but very fuzzy. 
    VorpalRyu
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    Looks like a mini Mos Eisley with mini SandCrawler and some other yellow speeder. Also seems like that (C-3po?) figure has arm printing and side leg print. I wonder if those micro figures are setup like the micro MineCraft figures...
    VorpalRyu
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    edited April 2015
    This is on ebay being sold by conventionsales over in the US. I have bought a few SDCC bits from him/her/them and they've never failed to deliver, top quality service.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-CELEBRATION-VII-7-ANAHEIM-2015-EXCLUSIVE-LEGO-TATOOINE-MINI-BUILD-SET-/171746836282?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I hope that's not an exclusive C3PO fig.
    sidersdd
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Lovely little set. Bit pricey as an after event scalpers special. I'd love some microscale sets like these in store. Be happy to pay Minecraft money for them.
  • The_Sly_FoxThe_Sly_Fox Member Posts: 42

This is a bit of a grey area as to being within the eBay pre-selling policy.

But I would not dream of placing a listing with such a poor photo or picture.

• SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    What if it had a good photo but terrible picture?
    kooz
  • The_Sly_FoxThe_Sly_Fox Member Posts: 42

Haha very good. I meant photo as taken personally from your camera of the exact item. And picture being copied from another source.

• DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    Is this thing legit?
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    Very cool. I wonder if LEGO will be going the micro / mini build route for the comic con exclusives this year too? Loads of potential in that scale. 
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    ^I hope not
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Not really. I never bought the Mini Modulars and to tell you the truth, I might not get the Helicarrier. I am an old school Action Figure collector, so minifigures are right up my alley :)
    ^ Oh, I'm greedy, I want the minifigs too. :smile:  I was thinking of it more as a means to get something too large for minifig scale. If LEGO wants to do an exclusive with a micro Nebulon-B frigate or Endor landing pad and throw in an exclusive fig, like C-3PO in the pic above, it's win-win in my book. 
    Pitfall69Goldchains
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Not a big fan of micro-scale builds in general, but depending on what it looks like, when a clearer photo surfaces, might be in the market for one. Only looking for the micro-scale Bag End because my wife wants it, she's not a SW fan, so for this one, the decision rests with me.

I would have hoped to see an unreleased character, there's still plenty for TLG to choose from...
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Oh, [email protected] I hope this promo/exclusive set doesn't wreck any chance of there being a micro-fighters sandcrawler. I was really hoping for a fun little micro-crawler version (with jawa, of course) in an affordable general release.

VorpalRyubobabrickschuckpZonsnowhitieAndor
    ^ That! That would be cool! Microfighter Sandcrawler, but what would they have for its opponent? One of Jabba's Desert Skiffs, Sandtrooper on a Bantha? If they did the Sandtrooper, TLG could release a couple of black skeletons with a micro-scale build of Luke's home. Too soon? *lol*
    gmonkey76
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Looks like a must-have for me :)
    VorpalRyu
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Great, another expensive thing I want just for the sake of having it.
    bobabrickschuckpgmonkey76Adzbadboy
  • Microscale/figures - hint to UCS Hoth Echo base size?
    bobabricksgmonkey76
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    NavyAsk said:
    Microscale/figures - hint to UCS Hoth Echo base size?
    That would be awesome. Not only because I think it would be more interesting than a minifigure-scale Echo Base, but because the reactions would be priceless. It won't happen, though.
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    edited April 2015
    I am attending SW CVII and hope I can fight the crazy hordes to buy this set. I was unable to get Boba Fett tin from CVI and had to buy it on EBay at markup.

I really hope Lego does not get into the habbit in released microscale SW sets. I will be very dissapointed if the USC Hoth Echo Base will be in the microscale size. I am with Pitfall69, mini-figure is the way to go!
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    Echo Base is not microscale. This is just a promo set, along the lines of that Bag End from Comic Con.
    Anyone going that is feeling really generous, I would love one, even at 10% markup... *lol* *silence bar a few crickets chirping*
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 322
    Worth a shot.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    How about 11% :)
    VorpalRyu
    edited April 2015
    Knew I should have suggested 27%... Damn it... Now a bidding war will start. :wink: 
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 504
    Is anyone else going to be at celebration 2015? The gf and I are here if anyone is about... Let me know and maybe we can have an unofficially Brickset meet up :)
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    I am attending SW CVII and hope I can fight the crazy hordes to buy this set. I was unable to get Boba Fett tin from CVI and had to buy it on EBay at markup.

I really hope Lego does not get into the habbit in released microscale SW sets. I will be very dissapointed if the USC Hoth Echo Base will be in the microscale size. I am with Pitfall69, mini-figure is the way to go!

When and where is SW CVII? Are you taking your ISD?
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Anaheim, CA - 16-19th
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    A larger image is now available at FBTB.
    Pitfall69chuckp
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Aunt Beru still gets no love.
    binaryeye
    Looks like the C-3PO is the same as the Droid Escape and Ewok Village. Still a neat little set though. 
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,835
    Seeing the hi-res pictures make me want this even more.
    chuckp
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    edited April 2015
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Celebration-Lego-Exclusive-Tatooine-Set-/131489129980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9d5ce5fc

And now they are starting to pop up on eBay.

According to that link, they sold 400, not 250 as previously reported. I guess time will tell which number is actually correct. It would be nice if they actually made 1,600 as opposed to 1,000.

To those that are looking to buy the item, a word of advice... stay patient. As the figure is not exclusive prices will drop to much more reasonable amounts soon enough :)
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Aunt Beru still gets no love.
    lego skeleton Here's your Aunt Beru!
    chuckpDrmnezbobabricks
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    Well, you have a keen UK buyer here waiting with cash if anyone can manage one, or if @BrickDancer can't help us out.  ;)
    @Legoboy - I'd be happy to act as an intermediate at no extra charge... I know many people don't post to the UK. What's your budget on it? I'll keep an eye on eBay for you.
    Also should note that there are actually two "exclusive items", the second being a very small star destroyer build with a little display stand with a custom sticker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Celebration-VII-CVII-Lego-Tatooine-Mini-Build-Mini-Star-Destroyer-/121625009680?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c516a5e10

See the 2nd picture.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 504
    There are 4 mini build models - falcon, star destroyer, tie fighter and xwing. I have pics of the star destroyer instructions from today (but they're crappy). Spoke with the staff and they're selling 400 each day but VIPs got 200 and I went to see the presentation so missed out this morning by about 500 people. From what I heard, EVERYONE made a run for the Lego and then hallmark stands. About an hour later I noticed a stand selling the Lego set for about $100 :(
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    null
    It's in Anahiem as Gooker said. I flew so no ISD plus she has been decommissioned, as in taken part for my next project.

Got in line at 0330 this morning, not that many people in front of me. Guess we will see how it goes.,
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Hmmm... Seeing it in better detail, not so sure I'd want one badly enough to part with what the resellers were asking at SWCVII, let alone what its likely to be on eBay...
    xiahna
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I don't see anything remotely rare
    You could make one of these for $20 at most
    VorpalRyu
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Bargain at a $ a piece

Sign me up
    VorpalRyu
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    LOL  so true.  Looking at the set it's definitely meh in my opinion.  If I were to buy this set, it'd be around the 125 at most 150 mark.  You're paying $60-75 to get in depending on when you bought your ticket for which date, plus the $40 for the set. That's the value to me...and then it's just cool b/c it's "exclusive" 
    vitreolum
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    edited April 2015
    Now that I see the proper image, I'm not that interested anymore. The models are not great and look somewhat unfinished and the scale between models is quite stupid.

A chibi sandcrawler with a jawa would have a lot better.
    VorpalRyuKevin_Hyatt
    ^ Agreed, a Microfighter Sandcrawler with Jawa would have been better.
    Kevin_Hyattxiahna
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    I like it, it's cute!  But I do agree, I think I can probably do that on my own Bricklinking or using my own parts.  That's one collectible that I won't be "needing" to spend money on.
    VorpalRyu