Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

G'day from the Hunter Valley, Australia

AussieTimmehAussieTimmeh AustraliaMember Posts: 3
Hi all. I'm a Lego lover from the Hunter Valley in Australia (great wine country), in my mid 30s and going through a huge change in my Lego interests. 

I've always been a Lego city kind of guy. Although I had a bit of space and pirate stuff as a kid (never the epic ships though!), I have traditionally stuck with the city building themes and never gave other themes a second glance.

I don't have loads of cash so I had been buying some bulk second hand Lego and trying to make sets from them when I bought a lot that had a Ninjago dragon in it (2509 Earth Dragon Defense) and I loved it. I've since really gotten into the Ninjago dragons but especially the temples, which are all so well designed with intricate details and mechanisms. I've since built both 70728 Battle for Ninjago City and 2507 Fire Temple (both I managed to pick up for a steal!) and they have blown my mind with design and execution. Plus I love the dragons! Huge change from fire engines and police cars (which I still love I will admit).

Well, I just wanted to share my hobby with other people enthusiasts, maybe get some tips on some awesome sets to try to find, and possibly even other Australians to trade with.

Thanks and peace to you all!
Andor

Comments

• AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Welcome @AussieTimmeh. Glad to have you here.  You seem to have your game together on how to make your LEGO collection bigger with a small amount of cash.      Ninjago is one of my favorite themes. Glad you are enjoying it too. Have a great time here on the forum. I look forward to your participation.
      Unfortunately I can not help you on your last query, due to the fact that I am living in the USA. Huzzah!

• AussieTimmehAussieTimmeh AustraliaMember Posts: 3
    Hi Andor, thanks for the welcome! Yeah I have my eye on 70750. It's just so crazy compared to any City vehicle I have ever had, and it looks well designed the way it transforms. I think I'm going to have to buy it!

Cheers.
    Andor
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    edited April 2015
    My Pleasure. #70750 is a dandy. I believe the large and awesome differences is probably because Ninja's wouldn't settle for a City type vehicle. Especially for their mobile command center. The figures are great as well, specially the snakes IMO. I plan to get it.
       But first my eye is set on #70728 Battle for Ninjago City and #70505 Temple of Light.
       Which I find to be another great Eastern Temple and fairly decent Mech. Not to mention a great source of unique parts from the looks of it. I would love to here your thoughts on it. Since you seem to have a knack for temples. @AussieTimmeh  Huzzah!
        I am also a big fan of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I still hold out hope for a large scale Minas Tirith and other Gondor related sets.

• TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Hi, @AussieTimmeh. I'm a LSW collector from Finland. The new Ninjago sets look cool. The Lava falls set reminds me of Anakin's and Obi-Wan's duel on Mustafar, though. The Kapaurai and Choprai snake minifigs from Ninjago look fun.
    Andor