Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Reverse Engineering Vehicles from Lego Video Games

SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
Hello,
I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried to create a vehicle that has appeared in a videogame and if any advice could be given?

Specifically, if anybody is curios, I am putting together a SHIELD project and would like to do something similar to the SHIELD APC that appears only in the Marvel game. I'm pretty sure all of the other SHIELD vehicles are already based on existing sets so I'm covered on that front

Comments

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,302
    I sat on LDD working out a few them a while back, including the Cloud Rider... Can't find them right now, might redo the ones I did before & try a few more, any others you're trying to figure out?
    xiahna
    Found the Cloud Rider & a few other items, but no other vehicles... Might jump on LDD & crank them out again. Attempted the Destroyer, I remember I couldn't join up the arms & legs, the balls & sockets weren't practical in LDD, don't think they work IRL either, not enough space in those areas to connect them.
    xiahna
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    LEGO released official instructions for the bus from LEGO Rock Band.
    http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Band_Bus
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    I asked if anyone had made vehicles from the other games (a year or two ago now) and the silence was deafening...
    ^ Wasn't on the forums then, else I would have chimed in, but when I first downloaded LDD, I went through the entire game trying to figure out how to build every superhero & supervillain vehicle, plus all the task consoles, etc... Very few things were effectively impossible, the Destroyer being one. I can't find most of the files now, but I will redo them as its fun work to figure out how they go together.
    plasmodiumxiahna
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Wow
    I thought this one was dead for sure

I'll have to actually start to work on this
    I just got LDD and need something to help me figure it out

I've found that beating up on the vehicle to break off bricks is a good way to see some of the under-layers (I only have the Marvel game so I can't say that always works)

Anybody here interested in seeing the results?
    I'm not even sure how LDD files like that would even be related on this forum
    That's a lot of steps/pictures
    VorpalRyu
    If you can build them in LDD, technically you can build it with bricks in the real world, so I'd say its still relevant, we are talking about build items from Lego video game. Some are easier than others, the Cloud Rider & the smaller cars are fairly easy to do, heck, I did up the Cloud Rider just by looking at it while I had it in hover mode. The worst, Gobby's helicopter & a few of the other larger vehicles, still not sure I got them all 100% correct. I will say, with exception of the Destroyer, it seems that all the Lego constructs in the game can more or less be built with real bricks.
    xiahna
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,260
    I started trying to figure out the Oldster from Lego City Uncovered because I thought it would make a nice supplementary vehicle to the Winter Village, but didn't get very far with it.
    Smashing the vehicles up in game and taking screenshots does help but sometimes you still have to use a bit of a mix of logic and imagination to figure stuff out.
    VorpalRyu
    Need to find a place I can upload the LDD files of the Lego games vehicles, items, etc & make them accessible to everyone. I was considering Rebrickable, but it won't let you declare parts in colours that TLG hasn't release.
    xiahna
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,260
    You could always just use something like dropbox and post links.
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I would love a free database of LDD MOC designs
    I'd even add to it
    I mostly make buildings though
    Finally found the thread!!! @Solarious, the site you are after is http://bricksafe.com/ plenty of LDD files & other stuff.
    xiahna77ncaachamps